Jessica Romero

Characters approved for pregame are placed here. Please note that characters here are approved ONLY for pregame; characters must be resubmitted for final approval prior to V8 proper, and further edits may be required at that time.
Deamon

Jessica Romero

Post by Deamon »

Name: Jessica Romero
Grade: 12
School: John Endecott Memorial Academy
Hobbies and Interests: Climbing, volleyball, hiking, ecology, skateboarding

Appearance: Jessica stands at just above average height, at 5’6”, and weighs 122 lbs. She has a svelte figure formed from years of exercise. Her straight black hair goes down to just below her shoulders with bangs that sit just over the top of her brown eyes which themselves are small and thin. Her nose is also on the thin side and sits in the middle of her teardrop-shaped face, which almost always has a perpetual bored look plastered across it. Jessica’s speech pattern is very slow with her frequently elongating words especially those at the end of sentences and her voice is noticeably raspy.

Normally, Jessica wears colored or patterned t-shirts and jumpers under a retro Yosemite zip-up hoodie, while on her lower half she wears either jeans in colder months or shorts when it’s warm with either plain trainers or boots on her feet. Jessica also nearly always either has a pair of Bluetooth over-ear headphones on her head or around her neck.

Biography: Jessica was originally born in Whitefish, Montana to Duane and Judith Romero and lived there for the first nine years of her life. Duane was a park ranger at Glacier National Park while Judith was a teacher who worked at the park as a seasonal volunteer during the summer months. The two ended up meeting each other by chance when Judith took a holiday to Glacier with friends and ended up chatting with Duane. Jessica’s childhood featured frequent trips to Glacier and other national parks in Montana such as Yellowstone and Bighorn Canyon thanks to her fathers’ job and her parents’ love of the outdoors and conservation.

These frequent trips filled Jessica with her own love of the outdoors and conservation and ecology became one of her first big passions growing up. Whenever the family visited any of the parks Jessica would always seek out a ranger to teach her something new about the area or the plants and animals that lived there. Her parents encouraged this love and would help a young Jessica with anything she wanted to know about the natural world.

When Jessica was nine years old Duane was shortlisted for a promotion that required a transfer to Massachusetts to help manage and run the parks in the state, with a particular focus on the Boston area. While Duane and Judith were at first unsure about him taking the job they eventually reasoned that it was too much money to turn down, so Duane took the job and the family moved to Boston. While Duane settled into his new role nicely and Judith was able to find work as a teacher, the family found that they did not enjoy living in a big and bustling city such as Boston so after staying for a year to allow Jessica to finish her elementary school education the family relocated once again, this time to Salem, which they chose thanks to its connection to American history and its smaller town feel while still being close enough to Boston to not make travel an issue.

Jessica herself found the move disruptive at first and frequently missed being able to go to places such as Glacier and Yellowstone, but in time she was able to alleviate their absence with some of the other parks available to her in Massachusetts. This allowed her to continue her hiking and rock-climbing hobbies which she’d had since she was younger and living in Whitefish. While she enjoys both, rock-climbing has been Jessica’s biggest hobby since she was a child, she has trouble describing why exactly she latched so strongly onto the activity but she enjoys both the challenge and freedom she feels when she gets to climb a pitch, she feels as if it is a meditation of a fashion as it is just her alone with nature.

During the summer holidays, Jessica will routinely travel to national parks across America such as Yosemite, Zion, and Rocky Mountain National Parks to climb different routes there and improve her own skills. Jessica views her rock climbing as a form of meditation and self-improvement and enjoys the connection she feels with nature when she is climbing up a route. The sense of achievement she gets when she completes a route is an aspect of climbing that she especially enjoys and finds somewhat addictive, meaning each time she finishes a route project she is drawn to a new, harder route to test herself.

While hiking gives her a similar feeling Jessica treats it as a much more casual and relaxing activity, one that she can take part in with other people whereas her rock-climbing is much more focused on her own individual goals. Despite this, she is still passionate about hiking and will rarely turn down an opportunity to go on a hike and sets out goals of trails she wants to try and complete or walk part of. To this end, she has recently been to Clarksburg State Forest to walk part of the Appalachian Trail, something she wants to try and complete as much of as possible.

Skateboarding is Jessica’s other main hobby and was something she initially took up in Whitefish as a way to get around the town and also an activity to do in her free time. While Jessica is passable at skateboarding and can do a few tricks she knows she is a long way off being good. To this end, she enjoys the process of learning and practicing a new trick but doesn’t give it the same focus as her rock climbing or hiking projects, instead treating the process as a fun side activity.

After starting middle school Duane and Judith suggested that Jessica take up a sport so that she could have a sport outside of rock climbing that also allowed her to socialize with her new class. Of all the sports on offer, she picked volleyball as it was the one she found the most interesting and unique. As she came to play the game more she found she enjoyed the teamwork and physicality needed for it and it quickly became one of her favorite hobbies and something she has continued with throughout her school life. Jessica has yet to miss a practice session of the John Endecott Memorial team since she has been at the school and has become close friends with many of her teammates.

Around school, Jessica is a quiet and thoughtful person, who prefers to speak only when she has something worthwhile to say and can sometimes be slow to react to things that are happening around her. The only time she perks up and becomes more talkative is when the conversation revolves around one of her hobbies, especially climbing and volleyball. The only other time she is anything other than her usual self is when the topic of Mallory Valdez or her sister Martiza comes up as something happened between them but Jessica won’t say what, although the two girls’ hatred for each other is well-known around the school. The actual reason for this hatred goes back to when Jessica first moved to Salem. Maritza was one of the first people Jessica properly met in the town and over time they became very close. But abruptly and without any real warning, Maritza was sent away from Salem. Jessica doesn’t know the full reasons why it happened but she believes it may have been due to issues between Mallory and Maritza regarding Maritza’s sexuality. She does however know that Mallory was involved and has held an open hatred for her ever since.

Her favorite subjects at school are biology and geography thanks to their connections to the natural world. While she prefers studying physical geography thanks to its focus on natural processes Jessica also finds human geography interesting to think about and study. Jessica also enjoys studying chemistry although not to the level of the other two subjects.

Jessica has a strong relationship with her parents and still spends a lot of time within national parks with them. Following their encouragement, she is planning on attending college to study ecology with a focus on conservation. After doing this she hopes to follow her dads’ footsteps of working within the national parks department and wants to be able to get a job at either Glacier or Yellowstone.

Advantages: Jessica is in good physical shape with strong arms from climbing and volleyball that could assist her on the island. She also has a potential group of existing allies with her friends on the volleyball team and has experience in the wilderness thanks to all her time spent in national parks with her family as well as her hiking.
Disadvantages: Jessica has a pre-existing hatred of Mallory Valdez that is well-known around the school, this could cause situations to escalate should the two ever meet. Jessica is also naturally quiet and keeps to herself which could mean if she is in a group she could be overpowered by stronger personalities. Jessica’s slowness to react to happenings around her could also be to her detriment in the context of the game, meaning she could be put on the back foot in certain situations.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Hello Deamon! Jessica looks great but she is temporarily DENIED given:
Hobbies and Interests: Climbing, volleyball, hiking, ecology, skateboarding, annoying that bitch Mallory
As valid a hobby as this seems from the context provided, it doesn't fit with the neutral tone we aim for in profiles and will need to be removed.

That's all I have on this pass! Post here when you've made this alteration and I will give her another look.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Darn, that was her key hobby too 😔

Edited
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

APPROVED
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador

Return to “Approved Characters”