Where would they be now?

Speculating on the lives stolen by SOTF

Discuss anything and everything that has to do with SOTF here -- from your favorite character to comments and suggestions about the site! This forum also contains roleplaying guides for your benefit!
Fiori

Where would they be now?

Post by Fiori »

Premise of the thread is pretty simple: where would your older characters be now (2022) if they were never abducted? About as much or little detail as you like, I've done a short paragraph on each of mine.

Primarily aimed at older characters (my V4 kids would be around 32 and my V5 kids 28), but for V7 characters you can alternatively go "Where would they be ten years later if they didn't get abducted?"

Without further ado, here are mine:
[+] Marty J Lovett
Marty and Joshua began to drift and go their separate ways after school, with Marty studying Ancient History at college and Joshua returning to LA to pursue his dream of becoming a rock star. Even with his degree Marty struggles to really find himself, going through a stint of dead end jobs before finally landing a long-term gig as an archivist. By the 2020s he's married with a child, granted said marriage is likely to not last in the long term. He does however reunite with Joshua in 2022, where the two bond again over the past and muse on what the future holds. Overall, while he's not exactly living the dream, he didn't have much of a dream to begin with so it could be worse.
[+] Joshua Krakowski
Oddly enough, Joshua's idea of showing up in Hollywood with a guitar and becoming a rock star overnight doesn't really work out, but through sheer persistence he does eventually land a job as a roadie and has been working as one for the past 14 years. He's married with kids, and all things considered doing pretty well for himself and is content with his lot in life.
[+] Maxwell Lombardi
After his brief stint in the US, Maxwell would return to the UK to study at Oxford University, where he quickly makes a name from himself as a member of the Bullingdon Club. Though he is quick to give up on his aspirations of becoming a composer, he does discover a niche for politics, and thanks to his Bullingdon contacts ends up with a cushty gig as a member of the Conservative Party. He slowly rises through the ranks through to the 2020s, gaining some powerful friends due in no small part for his contributions towards the Leave campaign, and through the following years makes a habit out of siding with whoever looks most likely to become prime minister next. Slowly biding his time and building up his reputation, so that he may secure himself a comfortable position in the next decade or so...
[+] Vera Osborne
Attends a fancy art school and ends up doing pretty well for herself, eventually managing to get a piece put on display at the Guggenheim and become successful enough to move to New York. Though she's not exactly a household name, she has a decent following and lives very comfortably, still espousing her various political causes whilst enjoying the benefits of her Manhattan elite lifestyle
[+] Brian Zhdanovich
After finishing high school, Brian, Ruby and several others would opt to take something of a gap year to go on a road trip across America. By the end of which Brian still found himself unsure what to do with his life, deciding against college to instead go through a handful of jobs before becoming a bartender, which in turn would lead to a career as a mixologist. He currently works at a popular bar serving fancy cocktails, and seems content with his lot in life serving drinks and offering words of wisdom.
[+] Ruby Forrester
After taking a gap year Ruby would study English at college, though said degree wouldn't amount to much as she struggled to get her writing career off the ground. She would however discover an interest in education after working as a teaching assistant, going on to get the appropriate qualifications to become a full-time high school English teacher.
[+] Jenna Rhodes
Follows her father's footsteps to become a police officer, during which she would have a brief but distinguished career in the SPD. After marrying in 2019, she would find herself deeply conflicted during the 2020 protests, eventually deciding to resign from the force to focus in raising a family when she became disillusioned by the realities of US law enforcement.
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"

Return to “Roleplaying Discussion”