V8 Rules Updates (+New Wiki!)

Important announcements concerning the site will be posted here. Not only will the terrorists' official announcements be written here, but information concerning rolls, danger zones, and site issues will be located here as well.
SOTF_Help

V8 Rules Updates (+New Wiki!)

Post by SOTF_Help »

Attention handlers:

In preparation for Version 8's upcoming final apps and launch, the staff team would like to draw your attention to our new and improved Rulebook and updated FAQ. The staff team have been hard at work reviewing all of the rules that have been in place over the years, and compiling, clarifying, and updating them for modern SOTF.

For the most part, these updates will not result in major changes to the site. However, some significant changes have been made to the rolls and death deadlines and procedures, including eligibility for BDA and BKA, extensions, and other parts of that process. We have also clarified and updated adoption rules, made endgame and epilogue rules clearer and easier for everyone to find, and other such updates. The FAQ has also been improved with more relevant questions to recent versions.

You are strongly encouraged to read through all of the rules again to refresh yourself, even if you are quite familiar with them. Think of it as our Terms and Conditions; continuing to participate on SOTF will be taken as agreement that you have read and understand the rules, intend to follow them, and know that there will be consequences for not doing so. Ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as an excuse for breaking them.
Additionally, we are very pleased to announced that the SOTF wiki on our new host is live! It can be found here.

The Miraheze wiki differs slightly from the old Fandom wiki in a couple of ways. Firstly, you will need an approved account to edit it instead of being able to edit immediately. The wiki is still open to all SOTF handlers and readers who wish to contribute to it, they will just need to be logged in. This is similar to the ability to view the full forums on the board and the channels on the Discord server being restricted to approved user accounts. Accounts from the Fandom wiki were not carried over; you will need to make a new one.

Secondly, threads containing explicit sexual content may NOT be linked on the wiki. Our ability to have the wiki hosted on a platform with a good level of support and consistent updates was contingent on this point; the age of most SOTF characters just means that we can't link directly to some of our threads. Staff do have a project to update on-board links in order to make reading easier in the works, but this is not going to happen for some time since we are preparing to launch a new version. We understand that this poses some inconvenience, and appreciate your patience.

Lastly, the backup used to port the wiki dates to early April 2022, which means that some changes may have been made to the Fandom wiki which were not carried over. Feel free to update the new pages yourself, or ask someone more familiar with wiki editing to do so. Everything else currently on the Fandom wiki should be there and intact, but if you find something that is broken, please notify staff using the #wikis channel in the Discord and provide a link. All current staffers have administrator powers on the wiki.

If you have any questions about either the rules or the wiki, they may be asked in this thread.

Thank you for your time and attention,
-The SOTF Staff Team
backslash

Post by backslash »

From chat wrote:Salic — Today at 7:36 PM
I have a question: since I’m bringing Lara Bullock to the island, how would I submit her for final applications? Would I just take what Slam wrote already and resubmit it under my name?
That is acceptable in the case of adoptions that have been formally cleared with staff. If you would like to rewrite the profile of an adopted character fully in your own words, you may also do that. It is still not acceptable to have someone else write a profile for you in any other circumstances.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

I have made an account on the wiki, and I am still unable to view the pages. I was wondering if there were further actions that I needed to do such as, I don't know, getting an email verification.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

You will need an approved account to start using the wiki. That requires one of the moderators to approve your account.

You'll need to tell us the account name that you've registered under so that we know which yours and that it's you and then we can approve it. If you'd like to do that here or via PM, any of those options is fine.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Ruggahissy wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:33 pm You will need an approved account to start using the wiki. That requires one of the moderators to approve your account.

You'll need to tell us the account name that you've registered under so that we know which yours and that it's you and then we can approve it. If you'd like to do that here or via PM, any of those options is fine.
Oh my account is Marian D!ck because dick is a banned word :?
backslash

Post by backslash »

Melusine wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:50 pm
Ruggahissy wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:33 pm You will need an approved account to start using the wiki. That requires one of the moderators to approve your account.

Oh my account is Marian D!ck because dick is a banned word :?
Your account has been approved.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Thank uuuu
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Pssst. Approve KamiKazeSOTF.
backslash

Post by backslash »

KamiKaze wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:49 pm Pssst. Approve KamiKazeSOTF.
You've been approved.
PlatFleece

Post by PlatFleece »

Hi there, mind approving the account PlatFleece?
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

If I could get the account Gundham approved, that'd be spiffy. <3
V8 Characters:

Juanita Reid
Rebekah Hayes
Karin Han
EXTREME STEVE Dodds
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Both of you are approved

Return to “Announcements”