I’M GOOD, I’M GOOD, I’M GREAT

KNOW IT’S BEEN A WHILE, NOW I’M MIXIN’ UP THE DRANK | one-shot

The basement of the quarters is a large space spanning nearly the entire area of the building. It features plentiful wooden beams, which were a frequent hazard for people hitting their heads. Used mainly for storage the cold concrete floor is covered in boxes of old holiday decorations, broken furniture, boxes of old files as well as other assorted junk. An entrance to the tunnels can also be found here.
RetroVenus

I’M GOOD, I’M GOOD, I’M GREAT

Post by RetroVenus »

((Adam continued from Little Lost Bunny))

The march to find somewhere to rest led Adam downwards. Down the stairs from the sleeping quarters, down another set of stairs to what seemed to be an elaborate maze of tunnels. He must be somewhere underground.

He would’ve checked his map, gather his bearings, but he was hampered by the lack of light and his body begging him to just stop.

“Maybe a few minutes would be–no. You can’t. If you stop, you die. Just gotta find someone with a good weapon and then you can win. Can I win? Maybe a good rest would–stop that. Shut up!”

He needed to keep going. The fuck was he gonna do? Sit around and wait for someone to take a potshot at him?

But his body swayed, and the walls were starting to bleed into each other.

Fine. Ten minutes tops.

His back hit the nearest wall with a thump, and he slid down, careful not to agitate the still fresh wound on his ankle.

The fuck’s with that, anyway? Not even halfway through the day and he’s already got an injury. He shouldn’t even feel sorry for himself over that. It was only a little scratch, he’s gotten much worse before. He’s made stupid decisions before too, and someone – Andrew, in this case – would help him out.

But this was a motherfucking death game. If someone had to rescue him within the opening hours, then that's a sure as shit sign he’s not gonna last.

Adam ran a hand through his hair, a disgruntled sound emerging from his throat. Echoes of conversations bounced around the walls to where he sat. He should just throw in the towel at this point. There’s no goddamn way he’ll score a kill, let alone win. Best he can do is aimlessly wander the island, find someone with a gun, tap his forehead and let them do the rest.

Then two faces flashed across his mind, belonging to Salem Fox and Ellis Wheaton.

Salem – that bastard – knew Adam’s secrets. Let him spill his guts out without saying a word in turn, then had the audacity to call the relationship off with a smile and go about his merry way. If Adam could outlast him, then it didn’t matter if Salem had dirt on him. All that matters is one would be alive and the other wouldn’t.

Even better if he got to kill him. Show him how even in the end, Adam’s still the one with power. Not Salem.

And Ellis, oh, Ellis. He’s the sweetest little Ellis he’s ever met, ignoring the fact that he’s also the only Ellis he’s met. Those big brown eyes and gentle look about him, Adam would akin him to a deer, or a rabbit, or some other prey animal. Though he never acted on his feelings outside of a singular bit of flirty banter (something he does for everyone), he was sure that Ellis had a suspicion. He’s never said as much, but he certainly didn’t want Adam around whenever the two crossed paths at school.

He…doesn’t want to kill Ellis. Or maybe he does. Maybe it’d be fun to finally gain his trust, then push him off a cliff.

A light blinked, and Adam looked up. It was hard to see what the object was in the gloom, but it was likely a camera, pointed directly at Adam. His cheeks hurt, he must have been smiling.

“Great job, Adam. People back home are gonna think you’re a fucking psycho.”

Pulling the first-aid kit from his bag, Adam decided that he wasn’t going to die just yet. No, not until he finds a good weapon, kill Salem with it, find Ellis and gain his trust. And maybe kill him too, if the mood takes him.

Wrapping the bandage around the wound marked the ten minutes, so Adam stood back up and made his way back up the stairwell. Somewhere behind him, he heard a hysterical giggle. He shook his head to ignore it, and continued on.

((Adam continued in Daylight))

Return to “Quarters Basement”