Are you still watching?

monologue #8: Marian might explode here. open thread

Between the base of the mountain and the research station is a large and rough expanse of land permanently covered in snow. The snowfield has remained this way thanks to the slight increase of elevation and shading from the mountain itself providing cover for the snow that frequently falls upon the island. Crossing the snowfield can be treacherous as the thick snow layer and rough terrain makes walking difficult, with the ground appearing to be flatter than it actually is. Rolled ankles and falls are not uncommon and on rare occasions, a small avalanche from the slopes of the mountain will cause a fresh layer of snow to come crashing down into the valley.

Thread Limit: 1
Melusine

Are you still watching?

Post by Melusine »

"I was never fucking good at keeping schedules, you see?

"Like, what's the fucking point? Everything's gonna get done time.

"Like... it's whatever. It could take a week or it could take a month or it could take a year: it doesn't fucking matter. Everything's getting done. Like, I get it. If something's delayed, then it's delayed and it sucks, but have you considered that I don't give a shit. Like I've never cared about anything in general. I could die right now and I would not care.

"Like I have a lighter to an explosive fucking bomb and I'm fucking trying to make it explode for people I don't like.

"Someone could write that as a Twitter post and people would fucking eat that shit up. It's fucking hilarious. There's comedy everywhere, and even in places I shouldn't be looking at.

"Anyways: schedule. I'm a schedule. I have to do this shit quickly. It's fucking revolting how fast I need to do this. For someone who never handed anything in time, oh my god, imagine trying to do this on a timer. It's fucking stupid. Like I don't know, personally, I think I'm not made for this culture? Like anything that involves time is like not for me. It's so painful when I try to care about this type of things like come on. A hour? A hour? That's gonna be the thing that kills you?

"It's a fucking math homework, not your fucking like life insurance. Even there, who cares. It's a fucking life insurance. Am I supposed to give a shit? People die all the time. Like I died a week ago, and I'm fine now? I moved on. I coped. I grew up. People die all the time, people should really learn that. It's a schedule, not a fucking like I don't fucking divine will or some bullshit.

"Anyways, when are you blowing up?"
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

She was still waiting, the lighter presses against the collar. Her eyes were growing increasingly blurry from the vision. She couldn’t blink, in fear that it would happen when she couldn’t see. She had to witness this.

She had to.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Marian disappeared in the wilderness.

Return to “The Snowfield”