Momo the Rabbit

Following the official closure of the mine, the biggest building in the area was left to rust. The interior, once a hub of activity, now sits as a maze of conveyor belts, pipes, stairs, and walkways that allowed people to traverse the building. There is a main gangway that stretches from one end of the building to the other and many other paths that branch off of it, typically taking one up or down a set of stairs and onto another walkway. A few of the windows within this building have also cracked and broken as a result of the building starting to fall in on itself, leading to snow being visible on some of the pathways, making fast movement a potentially hazardous affair.
SOTF_Help

Momo the Rabbit

Post by SOTF_Help »

((Gwendolyn Kennedy continued from If I have to explain it to you, it's not funny))

As Wendy walked, she thought of her family at home. She daydreamed of playing video games with her sister Cassidy, games like Super Smash Bros or Mario Kart. Watching anime with her older sister Melinda. Enjoying her mother's home cooking and special meals. They were all things she wouldn't get to do again unless she got to the end of the game, but to do that she had to...

Wendy couldn't bring herself to even think it and felt like she was on the verge of tears. Since she had woken up she thought about the rules of the "game" and what she needed to do in order to go home, to see her family again. But she didn't know if she could do it. She didn't want to be a murderer; she couldn't imagine taking someone else's life.

And that meant she wouldn't be able to go home. So she wouldn't be able to see Cassidy, Melinda, or her mother again—none of her family.

She sniffed as she continued to walk.

It was an unwinnable situation for her. She'd realized that. So she only had one choice she could make.

She hoped her family would understand why she had decided to make it.

Wendy stopped in front of the gate to the mine. The snow had begun melting off the buildings and puddles of slush that used to be snowmen sat forlornly around the grounds.

It had been declared a danger zone, which meant no one was allowed in.

But she was going to enter.

She pulled her hood up and took her emergency blanket out of her pack.

Stepping through the gate she moved into the mine and found a dry spot, then put her bag down and lay on the ground, using the aluminum emergency blanket to cover herself, then closed her eyes. Wendy smiled like she had curled up in her own bed, knowing she would be home again soon.

She heard the beeping start but never heard it finish.

S015 Gwendolyn Kennedy - DECEASED

Return to “Mineral Processing (DANGER ZONE)”