relationship thread for v9

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Deamon

relationship thread for v9

Post by Deamon »

Hey there,

Here are the four kids I’ll be taking into V9, likely won’t have a fifth so I don’t need to make a decision on who to leave behind.

Card subject to change so I’ll likely periodically be updating the characters information as they get more fleshed out and details are added. But with that said if you fancy having any relationships and/or plot lines between your kids and any of them hit me up and we can work something out.

Carolina Hood - She/her, elder twin of Charlotte, tall and athletic, NCAA level basketball player, plays with confidence and joy, is the best basketball player she knows, fan of the Las Vegas Aces in the WNBA and the Lakers in the NBA, has a condition of her recruiting that any school that wants her also has to take Charlotte, has interested boosters and is looking into NIL, has been invited to Aces summer camps and clinics, also on the track and field team doing track, long jump and high jump, fan of rap music, studying to be a lawyer if she doesn’t get into the NBA, hobbyist in hair styling and does her and her sisters hair, is spoiled but believes she has earned it, can be unconsciously dismissive of people she believes are below her.
[+] Relationships

Soma Asamura (Asamura Sōma) - he/him, second generation Japanese immigrant, baseball batter and outfielder, gay, has boyfriend(?), helps work at family nail salon/restaurant, speaks fluent Japanese, family is from Shinjuku, supports the Tokyo Yakult Swallows in the NPL and the Los Angeles Dodgers, because Shohei Ohtani is there, doesn’t know what he wants to do at college but his parents don’t want him to take over the family business, has an interest in history, favourite music is hip-hop and enjoys hip-hop fashion will go to gigs with minimum hassle, probably also on the track team thinking about it as he has short burst speed, enjoys going for jogs through the wilderness, is good at his studies and he'd really rather you didn't make a big deal of it
[+] Relationships
Hope Hynes - Friends through baseball, trivia and study buddies, she drags him to watch the Aviators
James Scott - Baseball teammates and history friends, generally very friendly as a person but can be a bit much
Marino Jaivira - Baseball teammates, as long as he continues to be a good teammate there's no issues
Beau Larkfinn - Running acquaintances

Keyshawn Sanders - he/him, black, football center, wants to go and play in college has been big since childhood, father is military veteran but says “they never did anything for me once I left”, also works as an air conditioning technician because it pays well, encourages Keyshawn to make as money in football as possible, loves football tactics, enjoys playing center as he gets to see everything, platonic best friends with Grace since elementary and is her hype man, despite cuddly bear exterior is shy and reserved internally, will never ask anyone out because of this, also easily goes along with things people say, loyal to Grace, then the football team, reads poetry(?), loves Beyoncé and Taylor Swift, can likely be found in Red Rocks weight room, is a long-time fan of the Raiders.
[+] Relationships
Grace Wills - Ride or die, teammates since Elementary, if anyone fucks with Grace they have to answer to Keyshawn.
Niall Harris - Football teammates with a shared interest in poetry, deep respect and friendship
Beau Larkfinn - Friendly kid, not bad to hang around with

Chardonnay “Charlie Girl” Aguilar Dijksma - she/they, father is Hispanic and mother is Dutch, they met at college as he played football and she was a cheerleader, later married and began living in Las Vegas, wants to be a wildlife photographer, also does landscapes around Las Vegas, amateur chef, wants to be a photojournalist probably, is a photographer for the school paper to pad the resume, creature of whims, can play drums and guitar to an acceptable level, can also sing, has been in bands in the past, all of them fell apart so currently she’s doing shows as a solo multi-instrumentalist with pre-recorded drum tracks she performs, may be able to be convinced to join another one but this would take work, Charlie Girl nickname comes from her paternal grandmother and grandfather who called her it when babysitting, it eventually spread to the whole family and then her friends, just accepts the name now as it’s easier than explaining her name is Chardonnay, vapes, also vapes marijuana, fluent in Spanish and Dutch and enjoys having secret conversations, has tried teaching close friends Dutch for this reason, enjoys watching sports particularly the Las Vegas Golden Knights.
[+] Relationships
Inessa Highman-Roberts - Photography friends and friends generally, go on photography outings together
Rowan Cartwright - Similar relationship to Heather—smoking weed and music—but less intense personal and artistic disagreements and generally a chiller vibe
Beau Larkfinn - Friendly, likes the outdoors, go on hikes together sometimes, all positives
Heather Klein - Smoking buddies, one time musical collaborators
Mercedes “Mercy” Myers-Colman - Gig acquaintances, she's fine, but she isn't an artist
Remi Dayfree - Briefly on the swim team together before Remi quit
Ash Green - Ash follows her on socials, but they don't interact
Alexis Keller - Have to work with each other for the school paper, not friends, Alexis just drags Charlie Girl along as her photographer
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

Beau:
He would've met Soma while running around the neighborhood this one time! He also could be a friend to Keyshawn because of both of their personalities!

Inessa:
She would've met them all for yearbook photos, but she'd be best friends with Charlie because of their love for photography!

Marino:
Marino would be friends with Soma for being in baseball and Keyshwan for knowing Grace, but he also could've tried selling them some actual weed.

Remi:
Similar to Inessa, however, she knows them through sports. Also, I see that Charlie is signing up to be in the swim club, maybe she was there when Remi quit the team?
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Beau - Yeah I can see him knowing Soma as they've probably met each other runs or something, Keyshawn is very friendly and easy to get along with so yeah I can easily see him being friends with Beau, Beau may also know Charlie Girl as she may have joined the outdoor rattlers on hikes and such since she enjoys the outdoors and would go to take photos of the wilderness as well.

Inessa - I can see her and Charlie Girl being friends, maybe they go on photography outings together? With Charlie Girl also doing school paper photos they probably have some overlap with that stuff as well.

Marino - Soma and Marino would know each other from baseball for sure, as long as he's a good team player Soma won't have any issues with him, and if he's friends with Grace he'd be friends with Keyshawn

Remi - Charlie Girl will have been on the team for a while so she'd know Remi and will have been there if her quitting was at practice and dramatic in any way.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

If Soma is a part of the Gay-Straight Alliance, Taylor could be a potential friend, probably hearing about or attending his baseball games. Also, I could see Flick visiting his family's nail salon.

For Carolina, Taylor probably has seen her play basketball, and found her attractive.

Flick shares Charlie's cooking hobby, so they could have cooked together. Simon would share Charlie's photography hobby, although he specializes in liminal spaces. And lastly, Wally shares Charlie's hobby in singing, and maybe they've collabed.
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
midnight_twelve

Post by midnight_twelve »

Hello!

Haven’t got anything for the obligatory state girl yet but I do have some proposals for our other characters.

SOMA

As they’re both baseball players, Soma will have James for a teammate, and with a shared interest in history (albeit specifically American and military history, in James’ case) there would be plenty of baseball and history trivia for them to geek out over if you felt Soma would entertain James’ friendship. For his part, James will try and befriend basically anyone who’s not an asshole, but his mild geekiness might come across as grating to some.

KEYSHAWN
Another teammate situation (oh my god they were teammates); Keyshawn and my kid Niall who’s also on the football team. Like with Soma and James they do have another interest in common, this time with poetry; don’t know if it’s something Keyshawn is open about but Niall does like to quote poetry and can be seen reading a lot so your guy would at least know it was a shared interest. There’s probably at least a sense of respect and camaraderie, but I’d be up for them being good friends if you felt that worked. Interestingly it seems they also both have difficulties with being reserved and expressing their feelings. Not the sort of thing that I can see coming up organically but could be something they ended up bonding over / helping each other work through if it did come up.

CHARLIE GIRL
Ash would appreciate her interest in wildlife photography, but probably not make an effort to be friends. They probably follow her socials if she posts any of her photography online.

Rowan has a shared interest in guitar and the devil’s lettuce so I can see them being friends. Hopefully not close enough that you try and inflict Dutch on me though. I’m toying with the idea of Rowan writing like a music column in the school newspaper in which case they’d be colleagues there too, and Rowan would likely attend her shows either way.
Fredrick Stanley "Fred" Hobbes
Born 23rd April 2004 - Died 13th December 2021
“Do you think we were bad people, before we came here? Or just like, weak?”

Chloé Margot Delacroix
Born 21st November 2003 - Died 13th December 2021
“I am going to get everyone off of this island.”

V9 Planning Thread

get krabby, eat patties on discord

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”