V9 Concept Questions Thread

Never too early for one

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Magnum 0pus

Post by Magnum 0pus »

Claude O'Neil Porter- "Oooh that's a tough one! I have so many favorite menu items that it's pretty hard to pick the one that I love more than the rest. If I were forced to choose just one, though, I would choose the beer battered chicken tenders with a side of shoestring fries and ketchup... just thinking about that is making my stomach bubble. But, if I have more liberty with my answer, there are three favorites I would choose a double cheeseburger with seasoned fries, beer battered chicken tenders with shoestring fries, and crispy fried chicken tenders with a side of curly fries and potato chips!"

Question: What's a movie genre that you think is overrated and also a movie genre that's underrated?
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Magnum 0pus wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:12 pm Claude O'Neil Porter- "Oooh that's a tough one! I have so many favorite menu items that it's pretty hard to pick the one that I love more than the rest. If I were forced to choose just one, though, I would choose the beer battered chicken tenders with a side of shoestring fries and ketchup... just thinking about that is making my stomach bubble. But, if I have more liberty with my answer, there are three favorites I would choose a double cheeseburger with seasoned fries, beer battered chicken tenders with shoestring fries, and crispy fried chicken tenders with a side of curly fries and potato chips!"

Question: What's a movie genre that you think is overrated and also a movie genre that's underrated?
Priya: I think romance dramas suck. Grindhouse horror's great.

Florrie: I don't like psychological horrors- too easy to poke holes in, I suppose. Just yelling at the screen "what are you thinking? That's such a stupid move, etc." but I really like documentaries about niche things.

Johannes: Historical drama is overrated. Science Fiction is underrated.
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Magnum 0pus wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:12 pmQuestion: What's a movie genre that you think is overrated and also a movie genre that's underrated?

Marcy: Overrated? Political Thrillers. Uuugh, just a buncha old dudes in suits yapping on for hours. Blah blah blah, BOOOooooooooring... You know what I miss? MUSICALS! Why have we stopped making them?! Do people just hate having fun?!

Koa: Errrrrm, well uh, I might get a bit of hate for this but um... Studio Ghibli style films, I guess? They're good, don't get me wrong! I just... I dunno man, I think it's a shame they're the only kinda anime films that get any mainstream attention is all. Guess that'd make non-Ghibli anime flicks my pick for underrated too?

Johnny: Now, there's a couple rumours out there that Johnny's a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to horror movies... But that ain't true! I just, uh, think they're kinda dull is all... Ahem, but you know what's real underappreciated? Racing movies! Fast cars, high stakes, drama galore... What's there to dislike?

Florida: Weeell, I think movies are pretty overrated in general compared to TV, but I guess I'm particularly tired of all the superhero flicks that keep coming out. As for underrated... HMMmmm, Space Operas I guess? NOT Star Wars, heaven forbid, but Dune proved there's more to the genre than lightsabers and muppets.

Question: Congratulations, you've just won $10,000! What do you do spend it on?
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Question: Congratulations, you've just won $10,000! What do you do spend it on?
Don: I'll save it and use it to pay off my student debts.

Simon: I'd use it to make a short film with all the bells and whistles to make it better. I'm talking special effects, cinematography, and music.

Taylor: I'll save it and use it for a trip to see Wimbledon.

Flick: Two words. Shopping spree!!! Imma get new clothes, cooking tools, and my hair did!

Wally: I'd love to take my family on a vacation overseas. I've always wanted to go to Japan.

Question: You've just been cast on The Amazing Race! Who's your partner and what skills do you bring to the team?
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk