V8 BKA/BDA Voting: November 2022

V8 BKA/BDA #1

Each month, SOTF hosts various contests on the site, the most notable of which are the Best Kill and Best Death contests. Winners of said contests receive prizes that will be beneficial to either their character or themselves. Voting for these contests will take place here!
Sugar Rushed

Post by Sugar Rushed »

BKA: Betty Quinn

This was so so hard and it came down to the absolute wire. I ended up choosing this one because of the lovely details, the nice flow, and the sudden brutality of the kill. Only on second read did I realize that these two had actually been traveling together for some time, and she had chosen now to pose this line of questioning. Her kill post itself is both brutal and displays a delightfully warped sense of logic in her plan. Loathe as I am to give Catche anything, well done.

Honorable mentions: This category was so stinkin hard. I really also want to shout out both Kitty kills, the Robin one was a wonderful escalation that also provided the entire story of these two people and delivered a great sense of distress from Kitty. Also big shout to Aracelis and her scene including the supporting player Leslie for his role. This was also a great and brutal kill with a cut-throat thought process that I liked reading a lot. Good job.

BDA: IILYA.

I liked Ilya within her group, but I really did like the unusual characterization she had with trying to logic her way through everything, as if people are machines that operate a certain way. This thread had a great build, starting with the tension of meeting Kitty, moving into the breadcrumbs throughout about her desire to go home and the desperation included, until it came to a head with her tragic decision. Some killer turns of phrase and a unique justification does it for me.

Honorable mentions: ARGH UH, ALSO SPIKE.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

WE'RE OUT OF TIME! Votes going live now.

Return to “Contest Voting”