V8 BKA/BDA Voting: Holiday 2022/January 2023

Each month, SOTF hosts various contests on the site, the most notable of which are the Best Kill and Best Death contests. Winners of said contests receive prizes that will be beneficial to either their character or themselves. Voting for these contests will take place here!
K8ER

Post by K8ER »

BKA: Joshua James - We stan toxic masculinity. Josh’s kill of Zora continues to build upon the ideas and themes that have been present throughout his island run so far. He’s tired of being a background npc and is taking each bit of power and control he can get piece by piece. His time with Dani hinted at his potential to do something like this so it’s no surprise that when he truly lets his ID loose to take whatever he wants that it ends with there being nothing left.

BDA: almostinhuman for Ingrid - Sometimes the only thing you can do is die defiantly and that’s what this is. I really enjoyed how absolutely over everything Ingrid has been in her last two threads. This is the logical end to that with her having to die here. She dies on here own times in a simple but well-executed oneshot that has some good prose, so it all comes together to be a really nice conclusion for her.

Post by Guest »

BKA to Joshua James for killing Zora Morrison
With Zora starting out as the aggressor I figured at first that Josh would kill in self-defence but the transition of power and the glimpse into his psychology that accompanies it is fascinating and took me by surprise. He’s genuinely creepy to read but you can’t look away.

BDA to ItzToxie for the death of Tull Talbott
It was a tossup between both the deaths in this thread, but ultimately I gave it to Tully. His one-sided fight against Alex- complete with a soundtrack!- is thrilling to read, and the twist that turns the tables was unexpected and shocking. I’m a sucker for facing death with dignity and his last post taking it like a champ is very satisfying.

Return to “Contest Voting”