The Fool was her

Private!

The garages are very simplistic and built solely for the purpose of holding the station's fleet of vehicles. They feature two roll-up sheet metal doors, one rolled up enough for some to crouch under it and the other closed, along with a side door that has been frozen shut. Inside sit three vehicles: one all-terrain jeep that lacks a full set of tires and two snowmobiles.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Ellis listened carefully as Eden spoke. She told him she didn't have any regrets and was glad to be surrounded by friends. That really hit Ellis hard. She truly saw him as a friend at the end of her life. She was a friend. She was his first real friend who was a girl. And now she was dying.

Finally, Eden stopped moving. Ellis remained frozen in place, starring at the girl. He barely moved even as Jack began to move her again. He could barely break the gaze, only finding himself able to blink once Jack started screaming.

That's when Ellis finally allowed himself to break and scream as well.

He hunched over, banging his fists into the cold pavement and screaming. Tears were now streaking his face as well as he failed to maintain any sense of composure.
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

The others cried. Jack couldn't blame them, Teddie's mind broke from the grief and even while he was in control Jack could still feel Teddie's misery. Jack's mind was a mess, there were questions about his identity if this was all just Teddie falling into madness. Unfortunately, the answers to these pressing questions can only be answered with time, and the only way Jack was going to get time Is to win the game.

Jack moved to Eden's body, placed a hand on her face, and muttered "Sorry...You deserved better than this...We all do." Jack then stood up, he took a single step before collapsing. With the wound on his leg, jack hobbled over to his pack, grabbed his medkit, and began to disinfect and then wrap his wound. Jack was already starting to feel light-headed but he wasn't sure whether that was from blood loss or from his coming into being. Jack looked around, Tim was laying in the snow, while Ellis was breaking down. Once he was finished, Jack hobbled over to Timothy, "Hey, Timothy...You ok?" Jack tried to lift him. "Come on, I'm not losing someone else right now."
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Great. Timothy was making everything all about himself again. Classic Tims.

He didn't accept Teddie's help, flinging the other boy's hand away as he squirmed on the ground, his face red from the cold, the misery, the humiliation.

"Just leave me the fuck alone!" he snarled, folding himself deeper into the icy ground, words drenched in toxic venom.
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

There wasn't much that Jack wouldn't give to smack Timothy across the face. This wasn't the time for this.

Though to be fair there was no time for this. Jack's annoyance and frustration flashed across his face for a moment before going back to the default neutral expression. "We don't have time for this Timothy! There is a time for this! A time to greave! A time to regret! A time to wallow in self pity! This is the time to fight!" Jack turned around and hobbled over to Ellis and placed the boy's arm over his shoulder to support him. He muttered to the boy, "Come on buddy... We got to go... Can't let Eden die for nothing." With Ellis in hand Jack moved back over to Timothy. "Come on we got to leave... I know your going though a lot, so is Teddie...But I'm not leaving you here, so either come with me willingly or..." Jack's face hardened. "I'll make you come by force."
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

"You don't know shit about me, Teddie." Timothy swiped wildly at Teddie's direction again before getting up and rising on his own.

He glared at Teddie, the tears steaming off his eyes. His face was so hot you could cook an egg on it sunny-side up.

He marched towards Teddie with a scowl, jabbing his pointer finger right into the know-it-all's chest.

"You don't know shit about me, and I'm not your fucking buddy."
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

"Your right. I don't know shit about you. Technically speaking, this is the first time I truly met you, but what I can say is. First, my name is Jack, and second your spewing a lot of venom at the wrong person." The displeasure on Jack's face was palpable, still stained with blood, snot, and tears. "Tim, you're not the only person who lost someone today. All four of us lost a friend, and I'm willing to bet that out there on this island-" Jack raised his free hand and pointed to the distance of the island. "Someone else is dying or going through the same thing. So are you going to keep picking a fight with the guy who also lost Eden? Or are you going to fight the one who caused it?"

Jack coughed a few times before he looked back to Timothy. "You may not be my buddy, but you are my ally." Jack's face softened a little. "Please, let's just leave. If not for me, then do it for yourself. For Eden. She wanted us to survive, and I don't want to stay here and wait for Juanita or Ash to come back to finish the job."
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

"Shut the fuck up, Teddie," Timothy snarled under his breath but intentionally just loud enough to be heard as he wandered over to where his bag had fallen into the snow.

He looked away from Teddie, Ellis, and the trail of blood as he gathered his stuff.

Soon he rose himself upright, bag in hand and kept walking forward.

"Don't follow me."

He made sure Teddie heard that one.

((to be continued))
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

Jack scowled at Timothy's words. "DON'T DIE ASSHOLE!" Jack yelled at Timothy as he left.

Jack was alone now. Well, Ellis was still there. Teddie wouldn't take being left well. "Good thing he's not here I guess..." Jack muttered under his breath. Jack set Ellis down in the snow as he walked over to Eden's pack. After a transfer of anything useful to his own and stealing a pair of scissors from a first aid kit. Jack grabbed Ellis's and hobbled back over to him.

Jack stopped when he was about to pick Ellis back up. He looked at Eden's corpse. Jack sighed as he made his way to Eden's body. After a quick search of the body, Jack walked back over to Ellis with a skull necklace, skull earrings, a hair clip, jacket, and a black woolly hat. Eden now had both her hands covering her wound and was mostly buried in snow, save for her head.

Jack put the jacket and the hat on and shoved the rest into his pack. "It's something to remember her by, and to give to her family after." Jack gather all of their stuff. Gave one more look to the garage then followed Juanita, Ash, and Timothy's lead.

He was picking somewhere else to die.

(Jack and Ellis continued in Comedy Unfiltered.)

Return to “The Garages (DANGER ZONE)”