SOTF Song Contest #130 — Return of the League of Song-Based Villains

TIME FOR A NEW TAKE OVER

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
TheLordOfAwesome

SOTF Song Contest #130 — Return of the League of Song-Based Villains

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Greeting, members of the Survival of the Fittest Roleplay Forums. The League of Song-Based Villains has once more seized control over the operations of the Song Contest in search of a new member to join the ranks of our most heinous organization of song-based crime and world domination. For this purpose we shall layout the theme of this contest:
Villain Songs 2

That's right, the same theme as the last time when we took over, only with a two. The rule is the same as last time: Songs submitted must be ones that are from the perspective of a villain. Songs that are about a villain or are a theme of a villain will not be acceptable, but there shall be some wiggle room for the latter if it has lyrics that specifically meant to be from the perspective of said villain.

Do not fail us.
[+] Rules
No Eurovision Songs

No reality show/competition covers.

Please don't use anything we've used in a prior songtest (Master Songtest Sheet here).

There's no need to relentlessly slag songs in chat. This is for fun and we all have different tastes, which is part of the experience of participating in these.

Songs will be randomly divided into 2 or 3 semifinals depending on turnout. if you're going to be away at some point in the next couple of weeks, let me know and I can try to put your song in a round when you'll be here.

Listen to every song and give points to your top 10 favorites: 12 to your favorite, 10 to your second, 8 to your third, 7 to your fourth, and so on down to 1 point for your tenth favorite.

If your song is in a given round, you must vote that round or you'll be eliminated. if your song isn't in that round (or you aren't in the contest at all), your vote will be counted as a public vote, which counts for half points. If you're doing a public vote in chat, tag me in Discord with @burnitup so that I can find them.

Public votes will all count as half-votes.

The top songs will move on to the final; the number of top songs depends on the number of contestants. Repeat the process for the finals and we get a winner.

The winner gets to hold the next contest, or they can pass the job along to 2nd place if they don't want to. 2nd place can pass down to third, etc, until someone wants to host.

Each semifinal and the final will last for three days.

If you know at the start of your semifinal that you wont be available to vote for those four days, let me know and I can move you to another semifinal, if we aren't on the final one already.
Contest will begin two days from now, signups will be open until then. You can send songs to me either by board PM or through Discord.

The League Hopefuls:
1. TheLordofAwesome
2. Fiori
3. Dr. Adjective
4. Ahab
5. Laurels
6. dmboogie
7. Pippin
8. Zimikyu
9. DerArknight
10. Dancake
11. Pan
12. MurderWeasal
13. Slam
14. Charlisle
15. KamiKaze
TheLordOfAwesome

I'm extending the deadline for submissions by a day!
TheLordOfAwesome

The Finals

The Supervillain Hopefuls

Murder Weasel, Exactly What It Says On The Tin.
Zimikyu, the evil anime magical girl.
Slam, an evil lawyer-friendly Hulk knockoff back after resolving the copyright dispute.
dmboogie, AKA Skin-Man — Villain in Disguise.
Charlisle, the evil wizard.
Captain Ahab, from Hell's heart he stabs at thee!
Dr. Adjective, a supervillain who commits crimes based on adjectives.
Pancapples, his motive for being evil? Wants to fuck a skeleton.
KamiKaze, the weather-based supervillain.
TheLordofAwesome, song contest host who came back from the dead.
Furious Fiori, the angriest supervillain in the world.
Dr. Dancake, the evil botanist.
Laurels, a person of wealth and taste.
Pippin the Dreadful, voted "Most Likely to Shank A Person In A Alley" three years running.
Der Arknight, the time displaced black knight.

Songs of Villainy:

“When You’re Evil” by Voltaire
“Heel Turn 2” by The Mountain Goats
“My Heart Feels No Pain” by The Glass Pyramids
“How Can I Refuse” by Barbie Cast
“You’ll Be Back” by Jonathan Groff
“Fiend Like Me” by The Stupendium
“Such Horrible Things” by Creature Feature
“I'm the Slime” by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
“Circe” by Ghost
“Get the Girls/Song 5 (First Demo - 2012 Remaster)” by Interpol
“Dead Man Walking” by SVEA
“Katrinah Josephina” by Universal Hall Pass
“Backlight” by Ado
“undress me” by Cö shu Nie
“The Gardener” by The Tallest Man On Earth
Please send in your top songs in the following format:

12- Song Name
10- ...
8- ...
7- ...
6- ...
5- ...
4- ...
3- ...
2- ...
1- ...

With 12 being your favorite song, 10 being your second favorite, and so on. The top 10 songs will continue into the finals. Public votes count for half.

Remember to tag me in Discord for public votes, or post in this thread.

Votes by board PM or Discord are both perfectly acceptable. If you're in this round and you do not vote, you will be disqualified.

Good Luck! You'll need it. You have four days before the heroes come to stop your plans. The round ends Tuesday, November 28th at 11PM PST.
TheLordOfAwesome

The Results

[+] DQed
“I'm the Slime” by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention submitted by Pancapples, who failed to fuck a skeleton.
It received 41 points, including a 12 and a 10.

“undress me” by Cö shu Nie submitted by Zimikyu, who became a good anime magical girl.
It received 75 points, including a 12, a 10, and two 8s.
[+] 13th Place
“Get the Girls/Song 5 (First Demo - 2012 Remaster)” by Interpol submitted by Ahab, who was pulled under by Moby Dick.
It received 17 points.
[+] 12th Place
“Such Horrible Things” by Creature Feature submitted by KamiKaze, who was blown away.
It received 31 points, including a 10.
[+] 11th Place
“Katrinah Josephina” by Universal Hall Pass submitted by dmboogie, whose plan was seen through by Skeleton Man with his Skeleton Eyes.
It received 32 points, including an 8.
TheLordOfAwesome

[+] 10th Place
“How Can I Refuse” by Barbie Cast submitted by Dancake, who gave up being evil to open a flower shop.
It received 36 points, including a 10 and an 8.
[+] 9th Place
“The Gardener” by The Tallest Man On Earth submitted by MurderWeasal, who was bitten by Murder Snake.
It received 39 points, a 12 and a 10.
[+] 8th Place
“When You’re Evil” by Voltaire submitted by DerArknight, who had to call his duel a draw after losing his limbs.
It received 40 points, including an 8.
[+] 7th Place
“You’ll Be Back” by Jonathan Groff submitted by Fiori, who got anger management.
It received 43 points, including a 10 and a 8.
TheLordOfAwesome

[+] 6th Place
“Heel Turn 2” by The Mountain Goats submitted by Pippin, who is actually pretty nice and wouldn't shank anyone.
It received 49 points, a 12, two 10s, and a 8.
[+] 5th Place
“Fiend Like Me” by The Stupendium submitted by TheLordofAwesome, who was once more voted as the worst songcontest host.
It received 56 points, including a 10 and two 8s.
[+] 4th Place
“My Heart Feels No Pain” by The Glass Pyramids submitted by Laurels, who lost all their money in Vegas.
It received 58 points, including a 10.
[+] 3rd Place
“Circe” by Ghost submitted by Dr. Adjective, whose crimes were actually really easy to solve.
It received 76 points, including a 12 and three 10s.
[+] The Final Two
Dead Man Walking vs. Backlight
TheLordOfAwesome

And now we come down to the final two. One of these villains will ascend to the ranks of the League of Song-Based Villains, while the other shall perish like those that came before. Now... onto the results.
[+] 2nd Place
“Backlight” by Ado submitted by Slam, who got sued for copyright infringement.
It received 76 points, including three 12s and three 8s.
[+] The Victor
“Dead Man Walking” by SVEA which received 85 points, including five 12s and an 8.

Charlisle reigned supreme over the forces of good by casting the Mega Spell, securing their victory.

Spreadsheet

Return to “Song Contests”