Real Housewives of Mafia: Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

I picked Lady Boo, but I never got a chance to use it.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Fenris wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:49 am
MK Kilmarnock wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:33 am Beyond that, when pressed, he really didn't burst and give us juice under pressure.
idk what more juice you can get out of someone under pressure than a role/flavor claim tbh

i had boogie as a light scumlean before what rugga says and i'm back to a null read on him now. i'm getting Mixed Messages. i'm still working on my reads list, i'll have it posted before bed
Fuck, he DID give us a claim, didn't he?

That honestly causes me to reconsider a lot of what I just said. That said, this is a pretty tiny game so I'm trying to consider exactly how many vanilla townies we're really gonna have?
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Probably all of us are vanilla except a cop and maybe a doctor. Neither would out themselves this early in the game.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

So there are 8 of us left. Figure 2/3 mafia.

That leaves 5 or 6 townies

I'm vanilla, that leaves 4 or 5. Minus a cop, 3 or 4 vanilla townies. Minus a doctor, 2 or 3. I don't know for sure that we have a doctor though.

So the answer is either 3ish vanilla townies who aren't me.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

the absolute max number of vanilla townies we could have is 7, assuming a 2-person mafia and no town power roles, both things that seem pretty unlikely. i have no doubt that at this point literally everyone would claim vanilla if forced because the doctor and/or cop shouldn't be outing themselves at this point and the mafia would be real ballsy to claim anything else. i give points to boogie for full-claiming and for doing it without anyone really asking for it but i'm still null on him because anyone who's thought thru the setup at all would claim vanilla.

wow thank u board for the "u missed this post" feature featuring rugga basically saying what i just said
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR CALLING ME OLD

Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHHHHHHHHHH

Fenris

Post by Fenris »

wow there are a lot of wine tossing gifs from this show

anyway actual reads from most to least Town:

MurderWeasel: i really want to put him lower because i feel like he's just really good at mafia and could just be playing us all for fools but i don't actually have any evidence for that whatsoever so here we are. he's provided good insight since the beginning, was one of the first few people to put the game on a more serious track, and has generally made points that i agree with. and even the points i don't agree with i understand the reasoning for. pretty good townread with the caveat that one day toben will murder us all
Blizzard: basically everything i've seen from here says "new player excited to figure things out and participate". new mafia players tend to be more skittish than blizzard is being, in my experience. townread with a note of caution bc new players can sometimes be more wily than expected and i could be underestimating her
Ruggahissy: i'm still not 1000% sold on a townread but like, Signs Are Looking Good. good engagement, willingness to change opinions based on evidence, and like i said before the whole "rugga wouldn't vote off someone this good at flavor" thing isn't a Definite Town Sign but it's still like a slight nod in town favor. townlean for the time being
MK Kilmarnock: uh basically null honestly based primarily off a lack of engagement. not a suspicious lack of engagement, just a "i think work may be killing him slowly" lack of engagement, from what he's said. not a huge amount to go off of here.
dmboogie: eh. ive been going back and forth between a light scumlean and null read here and i'm stuck on a null read now. on one hand claiming was the right move in his position, on the other hand his eagerness to do so makes me wonder if he knew that claim would take some suspicion off him? or maybe i'm reading too far into things now lmao.
Skraal: came out of the gates Swinging huh. swinging Hard. honestly i understand the urge to go in hard after missing basically all of day 1 but honestly i feel like he's been a little too aggressive with limited reasoning, on both rugga and boogie. scumlean for me. i don't like it. it imo hasn't been warranted and feels to me like an excuse to try to start a lynch train on someone, even and tbh especially when he said re: rugga that it wasn't worth starting a lynch train over. like you say that but it kinda sounds like that's what you're doing!!
jimmydalad: i went over all my evidence here in my big long essay post but honestly my biggest scumread by a mile. he's been parroting, pushing for others to start bandwagons and then jumping on boogie 6 seconds after he says he'll be posting his reads later. while hiding behind flavor for a lot of it, too. i don't like it One Bit

i'm okay with lynching boogie if that's where the wind blows. i'm not like. Not suspicious of him. with < 24 hours to go my main worry is that we don't have the time or momentum to shift the lynch train onto anyone else. i'd like to hear from more people re: things that have been said, especially skraal & jimmy re: my reads on them.
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Oh wow, like, a lot has happened since I’ve been asleep. You girlies have been busy!

Though personally, I’m not liking the way this wind is blowing with regards to accusations that my fabulous self is mafia so I’m going to talk about Fenris’ reads like they requested.

The parroting was mostly coming from the fact that I had similar opinions to a lot of people in the first day and thought I should speak them as well. As for why I was pushing Rugga for which inactive person to go after, while Skraal was the least inactive, we had quite a few other inactive day 1 like DM and MK. I didn’t want to go guns blazing day 1 in throwing out accusations without hearing other people’s opinions hence why I was asking around and trying to get an answer plus she was the one that suggested it so I thought she had someone in particular so I was curious to hear about that. As for why I expressed support for piling in on Skraal, I was expressing similar concerns to Kermit that we’d have a no lynch day 1 and was trying to get a lynch out so that we’d have more information going into the next day.

Day 2. What I was talking about with Blizzard’s newness is that I was under the thought that without someone to buffer suspicions like Kermit, Blizzard would do things that would make her look suspicious due to being new to the game and the mafia could use those things to be like “aha! She’s totally mafia!” Bit of a leap in logic, I know, but I’m just throwing out reads here to try and get some discussion going. As for why I jumped on Boogie, I was getting really anxious about going a second day without a lynch and the thread seemed to have stalled so I got a bit impatient. I thought that the vote would get them to post their reads sooner so we’d have more time to discuss them plus at the time, I wasn’t 100% sure if he was going to actually post anything cause I thought his response was a joke response based on the music link and all.

In general, I’ve been really anxious about the thread stalling and the mafia winning due to inactivity that I’ve been jumping on bandwagons or starting votes to try and get something to happen and for discussions to take place. It’s a bit difficult when pretty much everyone else lives in a different time zone to all the other girls so maybe I’ve been a bit too OOT about trying to get votes and stuff to happen. Plus, I haven’t played mafia in ages so my reads can be rusty, though I can see how I have parroted some things like Fen pointed out and how that can come off as suspicious. If anyone has any other questions for me, please let me know and I’ll clarify my stance and opinion on things.

As for DM’s reads, im Happy that he came out with them and the fact that he roleclaimed Dorinda as a vanilla townie seems to be a good once since, as Rugga pointed out, she’s pretty innocent in the Houseviews-verse. I’m inclined to believe his role as I don’t think DM would have/care enough about real housewives to do a deep dig into all the different series to pick out one that would be the best fake claim for him. Unless Brackie has been given out faceclaims. I know tha5 has been a thing in previo7s mafias iirc but I’m not 100% sure. For the moment, I’ll UNVOTE
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: http://sotfmini.com/SurvivalOfTheFittes ... 6632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Version 8
Relationship Thread - Link

Declan Jones - Profile
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

As for hiding behind the flavour, I’m just having a lot of fun with it. I mean, who doesn’t want to be a suburban housewife who is passive aggressive, petty and has much more money than sense? It’s like super fun and stuff :D
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: http://sotfmini.com/SurvivalOfTheFittes ... 6632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Version 8
Relationship Thread - Link

Declan Jones - Profile
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

too tired to respond to the rest of it atm but i don't wanna accuse you of Hiding behind flavor necessarily. i just feel like being in character-ish helps make you seem more engaged than you necessarily actually are, if that makes sense. i'll respond to other things in the morning im sleep
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Brackie wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:46 pm
Brackie wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:56 am Votes:
dmboogie (2): Skraal, Blizzard
Skraal (1): dmboogie

8 alive means 5 to lynch.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

last note before sleep (im typing this on my phone and everything)- we should be lynching someone. we Are gonna stagnate going the way we are and just letting scum do whatever. we have information, we can make an informed choice here.

night y’all
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I'm in for another looong stretch of work and won't have time to look at this again, so with the understanding that things will be coming down to the wire rather soon-ish:

Vote: dmboogie
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

VOTE: SKRAAL

I believe Boogie's claim and he's acting really erratically which isn't his normal MO for mafia. I get a weird vibe from Skraal's kind of aggressive behavior, even with trying to walk back a slight push to lay scum foundation on me.

Return to “Mafia”