Puella Magi Mafia Game Thread

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

@Blast why did you claim exactly? I still don't get it and if you've already explained I missed it.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Polybius wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:45 am Re: what info from a MeS lynch

I was pretty suspicious of the people who jumped on the train with little reason after it started gaining steam, bringing him so close to lynch fairly early in the day phase (Boogie, Goose, Prim, Irina, Blizz)
i literally only voted for MeS because he voted for me first
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

dmboogie wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:55 am
Polybius wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:45 am Re: what info from a MeS lynch

I was pretty suspicious of the people who jumped on the train with little reason after it started gaining steam, bringing him so close to lynch fairly early in the day phase (Boogie, Goose, Prim, Irina, Blizz)
i literally only voted for MeS because he voted for me first
I view that as having "little reason", especially since you weren't really in danger at that point
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

yeah, but i didn't jump on after it started gaining steam, my vote was what made the train start gaining steam

if it hadn't been for that, his vote could've easily ballooned into a train developing on me
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Poly wrote:I was pretty suspicious of the people who jumped on the train with little reason after it started gaining steam, bringing him so close to lynch fairly early in the day phase (Boogie, Goose, Prim, Irina, Blizz).
Pretty funny how you never brought this up on day 1, dontcha think?

Sudden suspicion of boogie is weird. Anyone else you noticed on your re-read? Did boogie do anything else to incur your suspicions?

Boogie’s defense is weird. Are you saying you wanted votes to balloon on MeS just because you didn’t want them to balloon on you?
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Zetsu wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:34 am Boogie’s defense is weird. Are you saying you wanted votes to balloon on MeS just because you didn’t want them to balloon on you?
well, yes? it was day 1 and lynch trains happen for arbitrary reasons based on whoever manages to dominate the conversation first
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

Polybius wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:53 am @Blast why did you claim exactly? I still don't get it and if you've already explained I missed it.
I thought that I was going to get steamrolled by the vote train, so I decided that I was going to claim in order to defend myself/share the knowledge that I had before being booted from the game. It was premature and foolish, honestly. Showed my hand when I wasn't actually in danger yet.
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Posting to note that I've been in band camp for a while and will try to catch up tomorrow with a post with like thoughts and stuff okay thanks bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Hope springs eternal. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Blood is thicker than water. Seeking his sister's comfort, Arthur takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.

———The Hell Panel———

¿
S080: Kyle 'K' Emerson: [?]. You can never really know a person. Determined to return home to his elder sister, K. Emerson tries to wait it out while he still can.

S089: Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne: [X]. Rise from your grave. Witnessing herself at her worst, Amaryllis tries to sustain her belief that a better world is possible.
[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Grim Wolf wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:52 am Sorry for the double-post, but it's important info for gathering data: does this forum have an equivalent to the old "see posts only by this user" thing you could do?
Yes!

Click the number under the "Replies" column and it opens a pop-up. That'll let you isolate. Note that it comes in reverse chronological (so new posts go at the top).
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

I trust Blast's claim quite a bit, because of a few bits in the framing. Basically, he's used a term that's not in common SOTF parlance but is in use in the circles this game draws some of its rules/setup info from. I don't think Scum!Blast (and particularly Mafia!Blast) would fakeclaim using that terminology, and I think Mafia!Blast would also know better than to claim a role with a pretty heavy history of being on the baddies' side too.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

Zetsu wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:53 am MW has been providing onions but few reads and has generally been quiet by his standards. MW whomst are your suspects?
RL is hard. ;-;

Still catching up--will dig into it some more at the end.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

Zetsu wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:02 am It's been a long time but didn't we have a discussion way back when about how info-lynches tend to benefit scum since all these non-commital votes don't actually reveal information? Since lynching for info is much much less productive than lynching for scum? since lynching for scum tends to provide much more information than lynching for info anyways? please vote for people, but please vote for the person you think is scum, not the person who you think will result in a successful lynch. (I'll make an exception if you vote for an info-lynch towards the end of a day-phase with, like, actual reasoning as to what the flip would tell us.)
Sorta. So, basically, you're 100% right in that info lynches need to offer info. And the problem is, "We're doing it for the info!" is a great way for everyone to shrug and climb onboard a stupid lynch and make it really hard to tell scum from town because everyone has the same bad reason. If a lynch is at, like, <50% and people pile on for "info" that's usually of extremely suspect value.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

Deamon wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:59 am
Zetsu wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:53 am Some more thoughts: if MeS is scum then everyone who dropped a soft info-lynch vote on him gets a hard townread from me. Scum in our games can be quick to bus but that would really be a rather absurd bus.
Just want to point out that this thinking, while seemingly logical is flawed. The best place for scum to hide is in a lynch on their own guy, especially when the train was slow and didn’t seem likely to succeed like it was yesterday.
Yes and no--you don't want to be a weak +1 because it's not too hard to read between the lines and catch someone sandbagging a lynch from the inside. There's no hard and fast perfect way to hide, and any given ploy can be spun a whole lot of ways.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

@mw what’s the term, or is there a reason for not naming it? Also, what’s the difference between scum!blast and mafia!blast? (I mean that in the general sense of the difference between a scum and a mafia, though I won’t mind some elucidation on blast specifically)
Grand Moff Hissa

Grim Wolf wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 pm My guess about game structure is as follows: assuming one Mafia and one-third party (SK or Arsonist), Mafia either consists of Witches, or the Mafia consists of Magical Girls. If Mafia consists of witches, I imagine those witches would have safeclaims, and I am fairly confident Mami wouldn't be one of those claims. If Mafia consists of Magical Girls, however, I would absolutely expect Mami to be among their number. Blast is still my prohibitive favorite for a lynch, because a) losing them doesn't cost us that much, since the odds of their power being useful are pretty low since they'd both have to know someone had a power and jail them on a night when they tried to use their power and b) I'd get a lot of info out of their flip about the game structure (if they flip scum) and players (if they flip town).
Counterpoint: Blast is effectively a doctor, regardless of whether his target has an action or no. This makes it extra verifiable even accounting for scum holding/redirecting their kill; a town kill role need only take a shot to see. Yeah, there's a whole cascade of potential stuff, but scum would need a particular setup to counter that and honestly killing Blast will probably be easier.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Mafia”