Puella Magi Mafia Game Thread

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

I would need to reread which I do not currently have the time to do, though Kami and boogie (who have already answered) definitely were.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

If necessary I can clarify some stuff? I feel like I may have been a little vague/unclear in my phrasing, so I could elaborate on my reasons a bit more.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

I was rather satisfied with your explanation myself.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

As likely one of the specified late-comers, I'm pretty sure I already explained myself on that one.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

As another of the latecomers, I must also confess to being...blindsided? My working theory was that blast was legitimately scum and I had a vague idea that Zetsu and Murder were his scumbuddies which is, uh...seeming less and less likely.

I...had a pretty extensive reads list I was working on prior to the Poly train appearing out of nowhere. That reads list has been thrown completely into disarray and I...currently have no idea what to say or to vote for. I am seriously adrift. Poly wasn't twining my scumdar and I have no idea what to make of either their role or their claim. I am baffled.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

EBWOP: and by latecomer I mean "got super into my reads list that was probably gonna end in me voting for Poly but still soft-pushing for blast so boy howdy I fucked up"
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

grim townnull. unnecessarily honest for scum
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Also, keep in mind we shouldn't just look at the latecomers, but people who didn't vote for Poly, period.

Final vote, taken from the Fen lynching post:
Polybius - 9 (Zetsu, MurderWeasel, General Goose, MethodicalSlacker, Primrosette, Emprexx Plush, Cactus, dmboogie, KamiKaze)
Primrosette - 2 (blastinus, Polybius)
blastinus- 1 (Riki)
Emprexx Plush - 1 (BlizzardeyeWonder)
So, Blastoise is out (and had a verifiable town claim anyways), and so is Poly (we lynched his ass). But, if we're looking at the latecomers, might it make sense to look at the people who voted elsewhere if we're going with that logic? Thoughts on that?
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Grim Wolf wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:06 am As another of the latecomers, I must also confess to being...blindsided? My working theory was that blast was legitimately scum and I had a vague idea that Zetsu and Murder were his scumbuddies which is, uh...seeming less and less likely.

I...had a pretty extensive reads list I was working on prior to the Poly train appearing out of nowhere. That reads list has been thrown completely into disarray and I...currently have no idea what to say or to vote for. I am seriously adrift. Poly wasn't twining my scumdar and I have no idea what to make of either their role or their claim. I am baffled.
If you still have that list, even in partial form, would you be willing to toss it up? While understanding it won't be current, it may do a lot to help sorta contextualize last phase and how you were reading the game at that time.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

'kay, tier list time!

I am very darn certain these people are Town, like as certain as I can be without mod confirmation:
  • Me: My PM says I'm Town and stuff.
  • Paige: Paige's play has fit what I've come to expect from their Town game to a t. It's basically jokey and fun times when there's nothing to dig into but swings hard when there is. Seen this progression a few times, and their calls, while not necessarily in sync with my reads, have all followed a logical pattern. Very very town.
  • Cactus: similar stuff, this reads like Cactus in typical Town form. The bafflement at points has read as very genuine, the quiet poking in the direction of shifty folks makes no sense from a Scum perspective, and just in general if this isn't Town play I'll eat my hat.
I think these people are pretty town but I've been known to be wrong:
  • MethodicalSlacker: So, there's a lot to unpack here, but basically the play pattern was crazy risky for a Day One Scum gambit and the payoff for such was lol, what payoff? Just no reason for any of this as scum, and generally a strong set of reasons/rationales for a Townie to do what he's done.
  • Boogie: Boogie's play just doesn't seem like vintage Boogie Scum play. He feels like he's sifting for the truth, and his role in the Poly lynch looks decent to me--he sorta grudgingly jumped to it. That doesn't really make much sense as scum; it feels like he's kinda setting up an I-told-you-so! on Prim but like, Poly was scum. Doesn't make sense as a busing maneuver.
Well, I'm not sure but I guess leans Town?
  • Kami: Kami hammered Poly instead of dithering, and has been active and engaged in the game. More than that, she wasn't on the MS lynch Day One, but was on the Blast train until further consideration, which is a good look because it means she's not avoiding all bad lynches mysteriously bus is considering, analyzing, and not just following the trends.
  • Prim: Prim's behavior has been here and there, but trying to duck trouble is fairly classic Town Prim and she was obviously the target patsy to divert Poly's lynch. If we're in multiball, my trust goes down some, but I at least don't think Prim shares a faction with Poly, which is better than what I have for a lot of people.
  • Grim: Grim's reasoning, style, and methodology all strike me as generally what I expect. I like the way he backed off, and I like the way he went on about a theory he was building even after it was debunked. Still really wanna see whatever of that reads list is there, but generally if I had to guess I'd peg him Town.
/shrug
  • Mimi Neo-Zetsu: We have a single post from Mimi with nothing much to go on, and a post from Neo-Zetsu that was admittedly written in part prior to the slot swap, which means barring editing it was 100% from a Town perspective and could thus be a perfect smokescreen. For various meta reasons I have very limited trust of this slot, but I don't really want to pursue that path without some further reads to back it up and it lives very much in the paranoia region.
  • Jilly: Activity pls? Early stuff was a mixed bag but also first phase and kinda uncertain. Would love to have more to work off of.
  • Blizzard: Some good stuff, some bad. Very interested in how the vig works, yet is not the vig. On the other hand, bailed on the MS train for actually really good reasons that don't make too much sense as Scum (barring "Hah, bet they'll do the exact same thing next phase if we stall this!")
  • Goose: Goose has had some decent leanings so far, has explained himself pretty well, has made a few mistakes about where it's logical and has generally made sense. On the other hand, gave Poly townpoints and was interested in shoving the MS lynch through regardless. Doesn't feel like his Scum game, but... eh, could be an evolution?
So a thing or two is bothering me here...
  • Bik: The thing is, Bik has yet to be on a good wagon (fair enough, only one option) but has been on a few bad wagons, often rather quietly. More than that, though, I'm looking a bit askance at his push against the MS lynch. I actually agree with some of his points, but he's more interested in pivoting off the MS wagon into another lynch. It feels like someone setting up to reap rewards from a bad lynch more than trying to prevent one.
  • Deamon: Quiet... too quiet. So Deamon's laid kinda low this phase, but his contributions so far have been softly defending sketch folks (notably Poly) and pointing at some sorta askance Scum thought processes. All this without a legitimate vote or even a fully expressed opinion on any of the major wagons! Hmm...
So, with my Townish barrel comprising over half the game, it's time to take a shotgun to the rest in the interests of rounding up some reads and some activity where the well's been dry. Let's go ahead and toss out a quick VOTE: Deamon. Would love thoughts from him and others on my little list here and so on (though may be kinda quiet until tomorrow myself).
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Alright I just wanted a final few reactions before revealing. I have a role that I have no idea what the meta is, but I figure might as well step out now and clarify the state of play a bit.

I am the innocent child. Fen can confirm
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

I can confirm.

General Goose is Madoka Kaname, the INNOCENT CHILD, and is, without any doubt, a member of the Town.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

well nice

im pretty busy with death stuff atm so i cant go too into reads but like

goose, as the only Bona Fide Town TM here, could you please try to get up at least blurbs on your thoughts about every player in the game? if something unfortunate happens to you in the night it'd be nice to have something to work with
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

I shall try!

I am useless but trustworthy
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

So we can probably rule out Goose, then.

I checked Deamon's posts after reading Toben's analysis, and:
Sorry, I won't ask questions anymore dad, my b
This is from when MS was FoSing him Day 1. Nothing else. Oddly defensive. Hmmm.
Sorry bro, did you read Day 1? Because neither of these two were driving the bus on MS. Prim just put a vote on and stuck with it and Poly was actively defending him. So please explain what your reasoning here is.
This was when Dodd said that if MS flips town, Prim and Poly become suspicious, but if he doesn't, it's good. The tone here is... weirdly confrontational? There's a bit of back-and-forthing between Dodd and Deamon afterwards where he (Deamon) pushed the issue a bit. He does admit it might be scum bait, but... hmmm.

Combined he hasn't posted much aside from that, and...

Hmmm. 🤔

Return to “Mafia”