SotF Board Mafia Game Thread!

IT'S HAPPENING

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Fenris wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:59 am id sooner bet on it being Not a second faction primarily because those are a huge pain in the dick to balance, and also flavor-wise having staff broken up into two opposed factions is kinda Hm?
(SOTF_Help looms in the distance, polishing its knives)

In seriousness I tend to assume all vigs are non-compulsive (I've never seen one that had to shoot but I'm sure somebody's used it!) and that town probably has some kind of kill role (Vig, JOAT, some weird jailer hybrid, whatever) just because it helps balance stuff out. re: third party, the site meta as a whole really likes third-party games, usually SKs, but it's a big unknown for now.

re: Kermit/Fenris, I think the issue is less the phrasing and more any sort of, like, celebratory stuff after the night phase tends to be kinda suspect/scummy behavior. I'm not seeing it that hard here (but also need to comb through again). I will say I was kinda looking askance in the first phase at Kermit's and Yugi's jokes... especially Yugi's, because hiding a real claim in a memey fake-claim for eventual bragging rights is like right in the playbook there. However, the fake claim is (presumably) town-aligned, so I guess I'm mostly pulling this as an example of odd behavior and also if for any reason we start to think there's a frog-flavored SK I think Yugi's on the biology lab menu. :P
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

Yugikun wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:44 am Meanwhile, I'm going to have to deal with the fact that I was wildly off base day one and also still alive. If anyone is willing to ask me questions (other than "provide a readlist on THE ENTIRE GAME" because i'm not really a player who does readlists) I will do my best to answer them and provide my thoughts on things.
Who on the Decoy lynch feels most scummy to you? Who feels least scummy? Like, let's say top two of each, and a quick reason why--feels more honed than a grand all-encompassing readlist.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

*hears a rumbling noise*

Wait, that sounds like Tobe-

*run over by Tobenposts*
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Grand Moff Hissa

Deamon wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:50 pm looking less suspicious mostly
Town points to Deamon!

Deamon's, like, always in the back-and-forth but generally when scum it's from a spot of sitting quietly back and then having a go at whoever defends him, while town is more proactive. If Fen ultimately flips scum maybe we reconsider, but even then I dunno, don't think sticking his neck out to bail out a scumbuddy is totally his vibe?

Note that discourse is currently swirling towards Fenris at the point I'm quoting despite lack of votes--that's a sorta volatile situation that has an eyebrow half-raised because plenty of folks seem interested in the case but not enough to put their names down starting it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

Slam wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:27 pm MurderWeasel - Said nothing during the Decoy lynch. I know Tobe likes to write novels for posts, but his staying out of it entirely is just a little bit eyebrow raising.
Mentioned it at the start of the phase, but tragically I missed the deadline getting announced and was busy IRL and went "Oh yeah, phases are always 5-7 days, what could possibly go wrong if I take 36 hours off?" Came back to night phase. ><
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

MethodicalSlacker wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:17 pm I do want an explanation for MW's silence. His was a noticeable absence in the first day and I think we all took it as a given that he'd have some kind of thing keeping him from posting and once he came back he'd have a novel length take, but I don't really see that yet? It could be he's just catching up. But idk it's a little worrying. MW's playstyle and constant presence has become meta-defining, even with a year's gap between games, so much so that we effectively decided to declare him an illegible target during the last day-phase. I don't like the future implications of this.

So I'm going to FoS: Murderweasel so that he might want to explain that.
Explanation (hopefully) given above. Basically, we didn't get the deadline in the OP so I assumed standard operating procedure. Whoops, shorter deadlines! Life is nuts 'cause I work at a place where people are shopping to stockpile for the zombie apocalypse so while I wish I'd been cleverly drafting a novel throughotu the phase the truth is I assumed I'd get another 48 hours and didn't read a thing between the time I made my single post and the time the hammer fell. Came back, went "Oh great, 15 pages," clicked the last, went "Oh huh," clicked through. Have been trickling thoughts out since!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

Irina Ivanov wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:15 am Also, MW, if you're away or town, don't post too quickly, it sounds less like a 'sorry I was quiet' and more like you WERE lurking around and added in a post for some reason. Still, I DO think the reads were alright, but it's not unlynchable status
Basically, when I catch up I go through the thread and respond to things one at a time (if I want people to read what I'm saying--If I don't I make walls :P). This does get a bit machinegun, but I've found it beats most of the alternatives (also hi for today and tomorrow my work schedule is I'm here only from ~half an hour before now until when I go to bed, unless I click the thread on lunch which is a bad idea as it loses my place--just preemptive warning).
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

My brain runneth over with weasels-

Also sorry Cactus, I was reading through your posts now, you're right, I thought you were one of them later bangwagoners tbh sorry. That was a pretty nice defence
Currently not in anything!
[+] The Future
Annalise Meyer - Self-Assured Introvert
Robin Wang - Belligerent Socialite
Brittany O'Doyle - Recovering Pollyanna
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

MethodicalSlacker wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:17 pmI like Slam's reads, on another note, especially because it's consistent with my own view on Deamon. Dea struck me as sort of weird earlier. It's very Dea-playstyle, but it's deflection and disruption based. I'm especially side-eyeing Dea's somewhat snide introduction of Slam's FoS on Fen. He does this thing where he brings up this piece of evidence, suggests there might be something going on, and then retreats, likely waiting for others to jump in. Nobody did, however, so after Slam's defense he responds somewhat confusingly (Mafia is a game about communication) and snappily, again not committing to his own FoS or vote but trying to get something out there.
that’s not how the interaction and day one went but sure
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Polybius wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:33 pm
Polybius - Hopped on a bandwagon with momentum without much justification. Could easily be read as trying to cover their tracks by throwing Decoy under the bus.
If I was scum I would've pushed the Jace vote when it was popular. Unless all three of us were scum, anyway.
you wouldn’t have had to remember, decoy was just a goon so easy lynch to jump on for points
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Slam

Post by Slam »

Deamon wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:00 am
MethodicalSlacker wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:17 pmI like Slam's reads, on another note, especially because it's consistent with my own view on Deamon. Dea struck me as sort of weird earlier. It's very Dea-playstyle, but it's deflection and disruption based. I'm especially side-eyeing Dea's somewhat snide introduction of Slam's FoS on Fen. He does this thing where he brings up this piece of evidence, suggests there might be something going on, and then retreats, likely waiting for others to jump in. Nobody did, however, so after Slam's defense he responds somewhat confusingly (Mafia is a game about communication) and snappily, again not committing to his own FoS or vote but trying to get something out there.
that’s not how the interaction and day one went but sure
Would you like to tell us your version of events?
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

pointed out your fos looked suspicious, you defended yourself and we exchanged two more posts, that’s about all it was

also i wasn’t deflecting during last phase because let’s be real there was nothing to deflect

you and ms seem pretty pally though, reading each other as town and you jumping in to defend him here, so that’s interesting
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Slam

Post by Slam »

I wasn't defending, I was asking you to elaborate. Sarcasm by itself doesn't reveal very much.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

just a heads up i’m going to be busy for the rest of today (irl saturday) so i probably won’t be able to respond to anything until sunday
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Slam

Post by Slam »

(That doesn't mean other people can't contribute btw!)

I don't really have any additional analysis at this time.

Return to “Mafia”