XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

unvote

im really not seeing the dodd case yall
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

There's a few people in general I would like to hear more from, but I understand sleep is a thing. There is someone in particular I'm kinda looking at for how few posts they have, but would like to hear from Yugi since I know for sure it's afternoon for him Also, what's the vote count, gm? I'm going to put down a vote if it doesn't cause any problems.

Yeah, kinda got the feeling you were frustrated Dodd, mafia kinda turns into that at times, sorry about that :/

Also, what are you thoughts, boogie?
Currently not in anything!
[+] The Future
Annalise Meyer - Self-Assured Introvert
Robin Wang - Belligerent Socialite
Brittany O'Doyle - Recovering Pollyanna
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Jace wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:37 am
Emprexx Plush wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:25 am I will say if jace flips scum I want to look at Yugi because he more or less handed him an out with the Advent soldier prompt, which could be scum coaching without day chat in the event that scum don't have fake claims(and since this is a game with relatively few named characters on the town side it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't)
I also would like to revisit this later though. I've said all I can in my own defense so regardless of where the suspicion goes, I would like to point out that I was making that post when Yugi posted the thing you guys saw as an 'out'. I chose to ignore all the new posts that were made in the 5-ish minutes I spent writing those bits, because I was trying to focus on getting them finished. I did not see that 'out' until after I had already posted. I don't know if it's suspicious though, because while he could have easily just accidentally provided that (had I needed it, which I didn't), it would be a pretty clever move to sneak that in before I can defend myself so that any defense I give from then on is debatable.

Anyways that's for a later time. I'm sticking to Dodd for now.
Very interesting timeline when Yugi makes the point in post 106 at 8:36 PM my time and you make your claim in post 117 over an hour later at 9:57 PM my time. Your first post on the tear is is post 109 at 9:30 PM my time, still just under an hour later. Yugi's post was cold long before you started your defense and you had close to half an hour to reference back to it between starting up and when you made your claim. Bit more than five minutes innit?

Y'all we got the receipts I can keep doing this all day, if you're gonna make claims about when things happened you best be double checking them because I will be.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Jace

Post by Jace »

Oh wow, you're right. That's totally my bad. I thought at the time since it was on the same page, it had been way less time than an hour. That's my mistake. I'm sure that suspicion isn't gonna go away but I probably misremembered the timeline. The fact remains though, I did not get that info from Yugi's post, I got it from my role pm.
Jace

Post by Jace »

@Boogie

I am alot more wary of bandwagon-y actions now that I'm under the same microscope you all are. I had an out before because I was new and wasn't ACTING nooby, but rather just WAS. I'm in a better position now to pay closer attention and make real effortposts now though. I know you are saying based on the info you don't see the case but I cannot shake the suspicion I have regarding his commitment to lynching me so early on.

Any other jokey or serious but probably hesitant votes for me (because the case against me was weak), would have been closer to getting me lynched because there were already two votes on me. It just looks like a tactic. He didn't even unvote or change course until I pointed out he hadn't. And considering there's no effort made to defend or participate.. idk what else to think or do. I feel for his situation but this is a game, and that isn't part of the game.
Jace

Post by Jace »

Jace wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:44 am I am alot more wary of bandwagon-y actions now that I'm under the same microscope you all are. I had an out before because I was new and wasn't ACTING nooby, but rather just WAS. I'm in a better position now to pay closer attention and make real effortposts now though.
Just wanna point out before we move on that I said that to acknowledge my tendency to lazily get on bandwagons before. Now that I've evolved beyond that though, it strikes me as incredibly suspicious. Not sure if that was clear when I reread it.
Latin For Dragula

really enjoying this shonen protagonist right after training montage but right before getting btfo by the new arc antagonist energy jace is putting out, it's a good look
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Jace

Post by Jace »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:54 am really enjoying this shonen protagonist right after training montage but right before getting btfo by the new arc antagonist energy jace is putting out, it's a good look
Yeah ngl I was talking and eating dinner with my family between posts and kinda was skimming before then bc I was getting overwhelmed with the amount of things I had to respond to. I mis-stepped with that mistake, so I don't blame you for being suspicious, and I accept that's prolly not going to go away.
Latin For Dragula

lmao this bit isn't suspicion it's just with all the growth and evolution you're setting us up for some shocking day 2 drama when you get sniped by the BBEG in the name of making the fangirls weep
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Jace

Post by Jace »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:59 am lmao this bit isn't suspicion it's just with all the growth and evolution you're setting us up for some shocking day 2 drama when you get sniped by the BBEG in the name of making the fangirls weep
With my luck, I mean, probably lol
Jace

Post by Jace »

Irina Ivanov wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:21 am The defeatist attitude Cactus is giving off is giving me weird vibes but idk what what to think about it, scum doesn't usually do this, but it could be a psych out considering how sudden and...strong that was?
I just noticed this bit upon reread and..

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6903&start=840

He did actually give up last time he got confronted with large amounts of suspicion. Personal life notwithstanding, he used the same tactic last time he tried to deflect suspicion as a last ditch effort, and he was scum last time.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

genuinely im with lise when she said last game that going off of irl stuff is bad form but like. jace is right
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I'm glad Jace noticed what I was going to point out, as cold as it is for me to say it but like, I was kicking myself going "He's scum and even if he's having a hard time, bringing real life into the game for pity points and getting away with it? Really shitty." Real life doesn't come into the game, sorry. And after THIS:
alright, fine.

do what you wanna do.

unvote

i will not be participating the remainder of the phase.

lynch whom you want.

if you lynch me, you will be mistaken.
Nah mate.

Vote: Cactus
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

i brought it up first :(

(inb4 Paige finds proof I didn't know that I did not, in fact, bring it up first)
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

B???: Valentin Shulgin — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME:

G???: Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME: Rina Sawayama — Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)

G???: Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: N/A | SM: N/A | Present:
THEME: The Killers — Spaceman
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Sorry bud. As I am wont to do, I must have ignored wherever you said it.
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in

Return to “Mafia”