XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Sounds like a good way to miss out on post count clout to me 🤔
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

VOTE: Cactus('s spot)

yeah i agree with Paige. also lynching a spot being replaced is in and of itself a legitimate policy lynch so that you don't add the complicating factor of a role with two possibly conflicting isos because that shit gets weird and confusing fast, though i guess less so with it happening on day 1.

(with that aside i stand by my prior assertions but won't repeat them because it seems rude to dodd at this point)

also, @ jace:

i was reading umineko mafia on tapa on a whim last night some and i got hassled for saying too many words without enough information a Lot, and i found it super discouraging and it kinda made me want to stop participating. my take at this point is like: don't worry about it. say what comes to your head. ur new and newly trying to do real Analysis and thats rad of you, keep it up my dude

(none of this is to side-eye slam either, because putting thoughts together in a more succinct way Is good advice, but i am terrible at that and i just word dump my brain out most of the time when im effortposting, and if ur having a hard time being succinct we'd rather u word vomit than not post at all!)
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

VOTE: CACTUS'S SPOT

no arguments against it
Latin For Dragula

14 alive means we are 8 to lunch yes? Which puts us at L-2 between me, jace, ricky, slam, fen, and Boogie.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:32 pm Sounds like a good way to miss out on post count clout to me 🤔
when you're not being directly called out but you feel called out anyway

I was going to do a big long takes post, but in the wake of Cactus' departure I think the case for a policy lynch on his seat is pretty strong. Night'll give out more information to feed into said post (which I might split up into three or four to make up for my missed post count UBI) so if the general mood is to move to that, I'm for it.

VOTE: Cactus
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Hope springs eternal. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Blood is thicker than water. Seeking his sister's comfort, Arthur takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.

———The Hell Panel———

¿
S080: Kyle 'K' Emerson: [?]. You can never really know a person. Determined to return home to his elder sister, K. Emerson tries to wait it out while he still can.

S089: Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne: [X]. Rise from your grave. Witnessing herself at her worst, Amaryllis tries to sustain her belief that a better world is possible.
[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
MethodicalSlacker

EBWOP: I mean to vote for Cactus' spot, more explicitly.
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Hope springs eternal. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Blood is thicker than water. Seeking his sister's comfort, Arthur takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.

———The Hell Panel———

¿
S080: Kyle 'K' Emerson: [?]. You can never really know a person. Determined to return home to his elder sister, K. Emerson tries to wait it out while he still can.

S089: Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne: [X]. Rise from your grave. Witnessing herself at her worst, Amaryllis tries to sustain her belief that a better world is possible.
[+] Other Threads
MethodicalSlacker

EBWOP*2 Combo: The previous EBWOP may be regarded as a dubious distinction to make. Please note that all opinions expressed by the Methodical Slacker account in Mafia threads do not represent the collective official opinions of the Methodical Slacker Writing Team.
—The Heaven Panel—

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

———The Hell Panel———

¿

[+] Other Threads
Jace

Post by Jace »

Slam wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:16 pm You know what that sounded a bit dickish. I apologise.
It's fine to say that, because I respect your opinion. But you've seen me in discord. That's just how I am. I'll work on it but if it hinders my participation I'm not going to stop doing it.

That said you're good, I'm not offended by your opinion. But voting for me for it was unnecessary. I'm gonna start having some sportsmanship issues in this game if that continues.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

I'm down for lynching Cactus's spot as, yeah, it's basically free info and doesn't deprive us of actual players.

But I won't vote yet because that'll hammer, I think? And I think we're good timewise and I don't wanna prematurely shut debate and discussion up.

Also
UNVOTE
Jace

Post by Jace »

It's up to you guys - I don't really have much more to say for now about this. I'd like to just see if Dodd was actually mob or not both out of genuine curiosity and bc I know if I'm wrong, I'm gonna look super scummy so the anticipation is kind of hard to deal with right now lol
Latin For Dragula

@MS Winning is fleeting but post count is forever we gotta do what we gotta do

I don't have much more I want to tip until I see a flip because I don't want to give potential scum a night of prep time for tomorrow, and there aren't other leads screaming at me rn
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

im tired and i have stuff to work on but quick thoughts:

no hammer yet, i want to see mw's thoughts

Townreading Paige if cactus flips town, townnulling if he's scum. If I were in Paige's position and cactus were my scumbuddy i'd hard bus him for a slip-up like that. That said, policy lynching townies makes me feel kinda like I'm winning cheaply, whereas I feel much less bad about policy lynching scumbuddies. Thus why my townread is stronger if cactus is town. It's a townread regardless tho.

Cactus being scum would make boogie look pretty good imo

I like the doubling down from Jace, that's either town play or good scum play.

Inclined to townread Slam if Cactus turns out to be scum. Scumread him if he's town/third party.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

ebwop: if cactus is town/third party, that is.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I was gonna say that until Dodd dropping is official my vote remains unchanged but I see we're voting for his spot now or whatever, so vote goes unchanged from that.

re: Irina's scumminess, just repeating what I said from the fallout of the previous game/various things I said in the deadchat as mod, that even knowing who was scum and who wasn't, I was in disbelief at how scummy it all seemed. Some people are confused at this but others definitely had her on-lock for scumminess (and I'm totally gonna name names because I'm that kind of guy, but Deamon and Slam were just two of them). If you want me to explain why, sure, but... ... I don't want to because I'm really fucking lazy and that involves me going back and reading a bunch of stuff from an old game? So ask one of them.

Here, it's just more of the same and I have to understand that Irina will just always have something of a scummy vibe to me (like Boogie's very existence for some, for instance). I'm not saying this actually means anything beyond 'Irina is literally always a scumread for me' which means false positives.

... So what Fen said, this is gonna fuck us if Irina's actually a godfather or something.
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I basically have nothing else of value to add until a Dodd flip.
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in

Return to “Mafia”