XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Strengthening my read on Slam: if Dodd town and Jace scum, then Slam scum. If Dodd scum and Jace town, then Slam town.
Slam

Post by Slam »

What if Dodd town/Jace town or Dodd scum/Jace scum?
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

if two town were on the moon and one killed the other with a rock would that be scum or what
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

dmboogie wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:42 pm if two town were on the moon and one killed the other with a rock would that be scum or what
Idk did you bring the password from the other timeline or
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Jace

Post by Jace »

Zetsu wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:37 pm Strengthening my read on Slam: if Dodd town and Jace scum, then Slam scum. If Dodd scum and Jace town, then Slam town.

Could you elaborate on this for me please?

Also slam, I’ve been open since the beginning that my reasoning isn’t based in any irrefutable evidence. People have been wanting me to explain my bunches and I have been trying to. I’d like to take a look at your iso once Dodd flips scum, if he does and I don’t get immediately dogpiled. Poking holes isn’t gonna change that. I have small hunches about everybody and like I said earlier, I’ll get to it when I have enough time to go back through the thread to isolate the bits that make me suspicious.
Jace

Post by Jace »

Jace wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:46 pm People have been wanting me to explain my bunches
Jace wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:02 pm
Zetsu wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 am Jace is probably the most informative lynch if y'all can argue me off of a policy lynch, but I'm not sure on voting him out today in that case given how much I feel like a Cactus flip would inform my view of Jace.
Can someone actually fr explain this to me because I don't see what legit info we get from killing me if I flipped scum (which I wouldn't). Maybe I just don't pay close enough attention to that but the only people it seems to give any real info about is me, and MAYBE Paige? Everyone else that followed my logic did it for reasons clearly explained, and I don't see how turning either way would reflect on the rest of you at all.
In all seriousness, I am genuinely curious about this bc I want to learn where you guys are getting these conclusions from. It's not for any kind of investigative reason.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Aight you have fun with that.

I stand by a Dodd/Jace flip being the most informative at this point and I'm pretty sure the former explains most of the latter, so I don't expect I'll have much else to add at this point unless someone does something cray cray.
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

jace you're an informative execution just because you've been the main character of today on twitter dot com, y'know

you've basically been the focus of this day phase, you've posted a lot, basically everyone has had some interaction with you; knowing your alignment puts those interactions into perspective
Jace

Post by Jace »

dmboogie wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:12 pm jace you're an informative execution just because you've been the main character of today on twitter dot com, y'know

you've basically been the focus of this day phase, you've posted a lot, basically everyone has had some interaction with you; knowing your alignment puts those interactions into perspective
Okay fair. Well like I said I know it's gonna happen so I'ma just keep trying to figure stuff out until then, maybe once I die and flip town I'll have left something that you guys can work with.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Slam wrote:What if Dodd town/Jace town or Dodd scum/Jace scum?
Dodd scum/Jace scum looks like an outside possibility to me. I can see scum!Jace pushing scum!Cactus, but the way Cactus pushed Jace, I'd be just very baffled if they were both scum. Would probably have to revise a whole bunch of reads if that turns out to be the case.

For them to be both town is more likely to me; Cactus looks scummy, and Jace would look very scummy if Cactus were town, but hey, townies look scummy all the time.

If Dodd scum and Jace scum, then Slam scum. If Dodd town and Jace town, then Slam :shrug:
Jace

Post by Jace »

As requested, here is my effortpost @toben

I'm doing full ISOs ofveverybody so I am not quoting anything rn because if I do this post is going to be too long for anyone to be expected to actually read. But if anyone wants specific quotes that I get any of these opinions from, lmk and I'll throw them up. I'd also like to note that I've made it clear multiple times that these are just gut feelings and paranoid hunches that I am only elaborating on bc MW asked me to, so please do not take these all as lynch votes, bc that is not what this is.
[+] Zetsu
Zetsu my read is leaning more toward town, but I still would like to know how me being town (which I am) would clear Slam. I don't want to make any snap judgements yet though, because I don't know the logic behind his defense of slam (I know it's not an actual defense, but it can be interpreted as that if they're both scum because if they are, they know that I'm town already)
[+] Yugi
No read on Yugi yet, due to lack of substantial reads or opinions I've seen.
[+] Irina
The only real personality I've seen Irina take so far in this game is passive. Like, her posts are active, yeah, but they all seem to be informed by other people's thoughts and opinions, like she's sorta just riding the wave which could either mean she's having trouble keeping up (That's why I was so passive last game), or she's keeping suspicion off of her by avoid drawing attention or making any groundbreaking observations. She has the added benefit of always being scummy and never being scum, so there's also that.
[+] Paige
I'm inclined to believe Paige is town, but she's the only one who pushed Cactus as hard as I did before it became a discussion of policy lynch, and if she knew that Cactus was town then it makes sense to push the way she did because even if he just misplayed his town hand, there was nothing but logic backing Paige's read of him up.
[+] Blizzard
Blizzard hasn't really participated enough for me to see anything worth calling out, but if Slam turns out to be scum down the road I'd be inclined to question why Blizzard rode his thoughts on lynching me. Blizz didn't vote of course, but there was a little bit there.
[+] Gooser
Similar read for Gianni, but pulling away from lynching Dodd's spot opens up the conversation to turn over to lynching me instead, which could tie in to something in the future.
[+] Multiple Sclerosis
MS has been either memeing or high most of the phase so I don't really have any reads on him yet, as playing passively is something I'd be more inclined to scumread in later phases moreso than the memephase.
[+] Toben
Toben I would be suspicious of in general because from what I've seen from him in two mafia games is that he is very good at taking a leadership role by way of being the biggest effortposter here with some of the most independently acquired reads. But I also get the sense from his back and forth with me and everyone else regarding me that he genuinely doesn't know if I am town or not, and wants to figure it out. And if he was scum he would know that I am not.
[+] Ricky
I don't have anything on Ricky since he's only posted a couple of times, and I don't think a town or scum flip from Dodd's spot would do anything to him bc Ricky had understandable reasons for lynching him even before it was 100% clear to us all that Dodd was actually quitting the game and not just throwing a fake out at us (i genuinely apologize for thinking that was the case by the way, but I stuck to my guns more because of the reasons I laid out before that. My vote for Dodd even now wasn't made because he quit, but because I feel confident he was playing scum before he vacated the game)
[+] Slam
I also don't really suspect Slam much, contrary to his own belief. I just think that if Dodd flips town it will make him look bad for defending him. Any further analyses you can find in my earlier posts about it. It's just by virtue of not having anyone else I suspect more right now that I am more focused on him than anyone else.

EDIT: I meant if dodd flips scum then it'll make me suspect slam. My bad
[+] Fenris
Fenris made a post early in the phase that said he didn't know the difference between human/alien in the game like me, and the context for the post leads me to townread him for now. There's not much more sticking out rn because the conversation is about me and Dodd for the most part.
[+] Boogie
Dmboogie is the only 100% idk I have right now because my gut is telling me to be sus but I also didn't see much in his iso to justify that.
I hate how long this post turned out to be but those are my hunches. None of them are thoughts I am passionate about, and I am fully open to any of them being disproven or poked full of holes. I made it clear these weren't informed opinions, so do what you will. I don't feel comfortable coming to any conclusions until Dodd's spot is out of the picture because like I said, with the exception of me and MAYBE paige (if you reach), I don't see what info we can get on anyone (besides me) regardless of how he flips.

Like I said before, I'm more suspicious of anyone who is AGGRESSIVELY suspicious of me, especially this early because all the scum know I am not scum.

Parting thoughts: I got interrupted by guests so many times writing this that it took me over an hour. :(
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

wew thanks for the effort post!

(i use she/her/they/them pronouns, jsyk)

Basically, if Dodd's scum and you are town, then Slam is knowingly going to end up inviting pressure on himself next phase. I struggle to see what he would get out of such an action if he were also scum.

If Dodd and you are both town, then my read is a shrug because on the one hand resisting a townie lynch in favor of lynching another townie is smart scum play, but on the other hand, a townie totally can do the same.

Having thought some more, I'm feeling less and less sure about my read on Slam if you and cactus are both scum. Might swap that to thinking it looks town. His approach to both of you just look very...risky...if he's y'all's scumbuddy.
Jace

Post by Jace »

Zetsu wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 am (i use she/her/they/them pronouns, jsyk)
Sorry for the mistake! There's a few people I only know through their handles, you being one, so my bad
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

ngl i respect the hustle jace
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

heh... you're gonna go far, kid...

is shot immediately

Return to “Mafia”