XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

this game has no inactivity rules lmao
Jace

Post by Jace »

Oh okay lol well I think that's what she meant, based on her response to Toben, point still stands, however minor it is.
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Zetsu wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:49 am Wotcha make of Paige catching him out lying, though
I honestly forgot about it. I did my stuff based on ISOs and that came sometime in the span leading up to the drop and got responded to in briefest passing without a quote for context.

That said, looking it over now? I don't think it's a clean-cut getting caught lying. I think it was, at worst, puffing for credit. The thing is, I was intentionally vague in my initial comment, and Boogie chimes in with a jokey reply about the fluff but in neither case is it strung together in quite the way Dodd did. Sure, it was basically my case (except he got half of it wrong), but I'm not gonna grill him for not being in my head.

Now, this is complicated because his defense on this point wasn't great. "Oops didn't read" is not a good look... especially when there's a pretty fine and presumably true defense that comes to mind more easily (what I wrote like two sentences ago). But I don't super wanna dig into that because it lands in the middle of the dropping-out situation.

So, rereading? Does it change my read to "Dodd's slot is scum"? Actually, no. Does it weaken my already middling suspicion the slot is town? A bit, yeah. Does it mess with my read on Paige? Nah, they're not wrong either--just focused on a different aspect and perhaps intentionally applying pressure to a point of seeming contradiction as reaction test, and in a world stuff shook out differently and we got a material reaction and continued presence from Dodd I'd probably have a whole lot more certainty based on his responses to it.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

Irina Ivanov wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:56 am Sorry, meant myself although obviously ideally no one gets modkilled : P Been super unmotivated since isolation
Sweet, thanks, that downgrades my response from a max rank both-eyes-side-eye to like a suspicious squint. But the squint is still suspicious. ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

I'll hammer tomorrow morning before noon CST (unless I forget, in which case someone else do it for me), so get your thoughts in now.

@Paige, thoughts on Murder, my love? If you get a chance to peek at the thread tomorrow before work, otherwise don't worry about it~ :kiss:
Grand Moff Hissa

As promised:

VOTE: CACTUS('S EMPTY SLOT)

That leaves us one vote shy of hammer (I double-checked before voting so I wouldn't blow it by mistake) and Zetsu has given her intentions to drop it tomorrow. We should of course have someone on hand as backup just in case for whatever reason the time approaches and something came up, but please don't jump the gun while there's still talk to be had.

Maybe further thoughts before night phase but real talk probably not--I'm not setting an alarm tomorrow morning, and I already gave my reads as they currently stand.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

[quote=MurderWeasel post_id=76034 time=1586748713 user_id=48and an admitted desire to lay low until Day Two (after scum have a whole night to shoot the breeze)
[/quote]tbh I've had absolutely no idea what's been going on at all this day phase post Dodd's dropping out and given how much of it just feels like noise and deflection to me I don't personally really think I'm going to get a lot out of looking through the thread again and just kinda want the record to be reset again so that things can make sense to me.
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

B???: Valentin Shulgin — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME:

G???: Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME: Rina Sawayama — Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)

G???: Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: N/A | SM: N/A | Present:
THEME: The Killers — Spaceman
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Slam

Post by Slam »

Jace wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:11 am I also don't really suspect Slam much, contrary to his own belief. I just think that if Dodd flips town it will make him look bad for defending him. Any further analyses you can find in my earlier posts about it. It's just by virtue of not having anyone else I suspect more right now that I am more focused on him than anyone else.

EDIT: I meant if dodd flips scum then it'll make me suspect slam. My bad[/spoiler]
Jace wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:43 am EDIT: My intention in the roleclaim bit was to reiterate that if I knew claiming even convincingly VT would've guaranteed my death, I wouldn't have done it, and if I was scum I wouldn't have been so careless to make ALL of these mistakes.
Please stop using this tag. I can't tell if you've actually edited your post or if this is a late addition to the post while you were writing it, but it's confusing and you're not supposed to edit posts period.
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Yeah, EBWOP please.

And I disagree with Toben on FoS so yeah just putting that out there

I can hammer if people want, or do we want to leave that to Zetsu?
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Hi there! There are 7 hours left in the phase as can be seen from this timer

Here is the current vote count, 8 required to lynch:
Cactus: 7 (Emprexx Plush, Jace, Ricky, Slam, dmboogie, MethodicalSlacker, MW)

Also, since I've seen instances and been made aware of people editing their posts, I've removed the edit function from the mafia board for regular users using my staff superpowers to prevent this from occurring anymore.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Also, since I've seen instances and been made aware of people editing their posts, I've removed the edit function from the mafia board for regular users using my staff superpowers to prevent this from occurring anymore.
this seems smart tbh
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

I would like a hammer for safety cuz lise's promised deadline is gonna be right up to where we'd get a no lunch if my sleepy bitch math is right
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

3 hours and 10 minutes remain in the day.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

It's 11:47 AM my time, so here it is.

Vote: Cactus['s slot]
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

The first moves in the conflict were tense as all the forces moved into position...unfortunately one of leader units ADVENT deployed seemed to suffer from an issue, whether it was a malfunction or sabotage the result was the same.

Lynched:

Cactus - Archon King, Watcher

13 remain. Night 1 begins now and will last until the 15th of April, 19:00 GMT (15:00 EST, 12:00 PST and 5:00 on the 14th for Aus. It's 48 hours from now) or until I receive all night actions.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7

Return to “Mafia”