XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Zetsu wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:42 pm @Paige, any preferred lynches atm?
Not yet, phase started after I got to work so I haven't done the ISOing I' d like to commit a vote
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:12 pm
Slam wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:04 pm did we have to do 25 pages for day 1 guys geez
Rookie numbers tbh
Slam

Post by Slam »

I'm a bit concerned about how much we can pull out of that policy lynch. It's a pretty easy wagon to hop on to, and I think there's good justification for scum to both stay off it and slip on to it. I guess the best approach is to look for someone who's wagon position doesn't line up with how they viewed the Dodd situation (either a heavy promoter of policy lynching/killing dodd/avoiding needing a new person who then didn't vote, or someone who only really posted to hop on board).

That said, I don't think we'll get a lot from lynching Jace right now. There seems to be a mindset that Jace was acting over-eager in chasing after Dodd. I'm not dismissing the chance that he's trying to pull the wool over our eyes, but I'd rather lynch him when there's good evidence that he was rather than just to see if we're right.

I'm kind of groaning at the thought of reading through day one stuff because christ guys don't say so much please but I guess I'll have to.
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Jace wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 pm
MurderWeasel wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:35 pm
Jace wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:17 pmRicky is slightly affected because he was one of the view that lynched Dodd's spot for reasons of suspicion not policy.
Can I get a quick take on how this is affected? I actually have a personal thought but I wanna see if we line up first.
My noobiness is shining now bc I don't know what your thought process is, because what I mean is I read Ricky slightly more as scum for the same reason you guys would see me as scum - because he was one of the only ones that supported lynching Cactus for real reasons.
Interesting.

Personally, I pull the opposite from it. To me, it looks good for Ricky to randomly come in and tilt at behavior as scummy only in one case which ends up being a misfire. Especially given the context, he took a lot of potential heat to advance a theory that if he was scum (obligatory barring multiball etc) he'd know wasn't going anywhere. And, unlike in your case, there was no real pressure pointing his way, so no prospective diversion as motivation (unless... I guess he was covering for a scumbuddy, but in my experience not really his style to do so, especially not obviously).
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jace

Post by Jace »

MurderWeasel wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:49 pm
Jace wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 pm
MurderWeasel wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:35 pm

Can I get a quick take on how this is affected? I actually have a personal thought but I wanna see if we line up first.
My noobiness is shining now bc I don't know what your thought process is, because what I mean is I read Ricky slightly more as scum for the same reason you guys would see me as scum - because he was one of the only ones that supported lynching Cactus for real reasons.
Interesting.

Personally, I pull the opposite from it. To me, it looks good for Ricky to randomly come in and tilt at behavior as scummy only in one case which ends up being a misfire. Especially given the context, he took a lot of potential heat to advance a theory that if he was scum (obligatory barring multiball etc) he'd know wasn't going anywhere. And, unlike in your case, there was no real pressure pointing his way, so no prospective diversion as motivation (unless... I guess he was covering for a scumbuddy, but in my experience not really his style to do so, especially not obviously).
This is certainly a good point. I believe when I first did my read that was the same direction I was leaning. I guess it kind of evolved in the opposite way when I thought about it the past few days. Paige and Ricky did both vote for Dodd for reasons they clearly came into independently (mostly). I just think if either of them were scum and knew that Dodd and I are both town, it would make sense to fuel the train i was running on him, as it would be reasonable to athink that doing so would get both him and me killed.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Slam wrote:I'm not dismissing the chance that he's trying to pull the wool over our eyes, but I'd rather lynch him when there's good evidence that he was rather than just to see if we're right.
Can you just clarify this for me? What do you mean by pulling the wool over our eyes, and what do you mean by 'good evidence'?
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

i just went to tapawasteland to try to ISO some of y'all's old games but it appears that tapa lacks that function. has anyone had any success there?
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

@Y'all reading Jace as flailing newbie town rather than newbie scum

Explain? What would you point to as evidence that this is flailing town?

Also, gonna try to stay away from mafia for the rest of the (ooc, hopefully not ic but it's possible) day. I desperately need to get work done >.<
Slam

Post by Slam »

Zetsu wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:13 pm
Slam wrote:I'm not dismissing the chance that he's trying to pull the wool over our eyes, but I'd rather lynch him when there's good evidence that he was rather than just to see if we're right.
Can you just clarify this for me? What do you mean by pulling the wool over our eyes, and what do you mean by 'good evidence'?
Pulling the wool over our eyes = deceiving us. Acting like a newbie flailing around to mask drawing attention to himself as scum.

Good evidence would mean a stronger pattern of suspicious behaviour rather than just 'him being a flailing newbie is potentially a cover for scum'. That scenario is still plausible even if we shouldn't sign off on it.
Slam

Post by Slam »

'That scenario' in the last sentence referred to Jace just being a flailing newbie town, which is a scenario we shouldn't sign off on without discounting.
Latin For Dragula

I think Jace's frustration reads as genuine, and his day one panic spiral would have gone harder on avoiding claiming if he was scum. Claiming vanilla townie is a weak ass move he just watched Decoy get lunched for Day One in the last game. He's a newb but not so much a newb to repeat the mistakes of the scum team in a game he just played. There's more but it plays into stuff I don't want to tip yet.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

(breaking my vow of silence, ugh, pls help me with my self-control)

a thing that bugs me about jace is how much he's doubling down on certain behaviors, e.g. constantly talking about how he's gonna be lynched for messing up. now, usually, doubling down looks vaguely townie from newbie players, since new scum are prone to going along with the flow. The thing is, this only holds if the doubling-down serves a purpose for town. This kind of focus on his own play serves no purpose from a town perspective. I'm thus inclined to read doubling down as performative in this instance.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Also, despite Murder's push on Jace, I think there is every possibility that the two are scumbuddies.
Latin For Dragula

How does repeatedly drawing attention that it looks like you're scum and you have no defense benefit scum?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:32 pmThere's some info in day one that has me pretty sure Yugi and Jace are both town or both scum beyond the coaching.
Before I realized that I was replying to Paige themselves here I was going to say that I'm pretty sure 'oh yugi slipped info and is possibly scum-coaching Jace in the thread' would not have been as much of a topic as it was in day one if Jace didn't keep bringing it up as a point in his own defense (?). Obviously since you're the person who brought up the possibility of me scumcoaching in the first place its kinda moot as a response to you specifically, but in regards to your other points (even if you haven't said what other things point to us both being aligned together) I personally feel that its Jace trying to buddy up and attach myself to him rather than the other way round or anything mutual? Like, I know that this can very easily be seen as 'scum Yugi trying to excuse himself from the narrative' and that I'd at least be competent enough as scum to not obviously align myself with any of my theoretical scumbuddies, but from my perspective the Jace/me thing has been a way more one-sided thing than anything actually intended on my own part.
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

B???: Valentin Shulgin — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME:

G???: Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME: Rina Sawayama — Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)

G???: Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: N/A | SM: N/A | Present:
THEME: The Killers — Spaceman
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."

Return to “Mafia”