XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

town points for blizz if Jace is scum, in other news
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:56 pm Please stop transparently attaching yourself to him
Emprexx Plush wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:32 pmThere's some info in day one that has me pretty sure Yugi and Jace are both town or both scum beyond the coaching.
so you ever going to say why you think I'm attaching myself to him rather than blanket stating 'yugi is attaching himself to jace'

believe me, its very hard to defend yourself when the person accusing you never actually gives you anything you can defend yourself from
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

B???: Valentin Shulgin — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME:

G???: Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — "..." — 0%
THEME: Rina Sawayama — Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)

G???: Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: N/A | SM: N/A | Present:
THEME: The Killers — Spaceman
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Jace

Post by Jace »

dmboogie wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:58 pm
Jace wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:57 pm Yeahhh I'm not seeing the benefit of doing reads into people anymore under the circumstances. Do your worst fellas
noted pro-town move, giving up
I'm curious whether or not you're suggesting that you already KNOW I'm town or just suspect it, unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Yugikun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:29 pm
Emprexx Plush wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:56 pm Please stop transparently attaching yourself to him
Emprexx Plush wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:32 pmThere's some info in day one that has me pretty sure Yugi and Jace are both town or both scum beyond the coaching.
so you ever going to say why you think I'm attaching myself to him rather than blanket stating 'yugi is attaching himself to jace'

believe me, its very hard to defend yourself when the person accusing you never actually gives you anything you can defend yourself from
You could read zetsu's post where she quotes all the ways I've already done that my guy
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Latin For Dragula

But like if I'm gonna sum it up again you coached his roleclaim down to the same flavor change, you backed up that error by claiming your own VT role to back him up, you diverted that with a gambit you can't explain and immediately abandoned, and you keep calling attention to how you're Totally Not Supporting Him through all this even tho the only reason for any of the play you have reasons for is to help him out
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Jace wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:33 pm
dmboogie wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:58 pm
Jace wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:57 pm Yeahhh I'm not seeing the benefit of doing reads into people anymore under the circumstances. Do your worst fellas
noted pro-town move, giving up
I'm curious whether or not you're suggesting that you already KNOW I'm town or just suspect it, unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say.
if you're town and you're saying 'i give up im not posting anymore' thats one of the worst moves you can possibly make because people won't hesitate to take you up on your offer of an easy kill
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Jace wrote: feel like it's getting in the way of my ability to actually do any reads or participate the same way the rest of you guys
You know you don't actually have to respond to every accusation thrown your way, right? Accusations only keep you from making reads when you spend your time defending yourselves against them.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

was gonna say that boogie's probably being sarcastic but then i got ninja'd by the bot himself
Jace

Post by Jace »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:43 pm But like if I'm gonna sum it up again you coached his roleclaim down to the same flavor change, you backed up that error by claiming your own VT role to back him up, you diverted that with a gambit you can't explain and immediately abandoned, and you keep calling attention to how you're Totally Not Supporting Him through all this even tho the only reason for any of the play you have reasons for is to help him out
This is the reason why, no matter how much Yugi complains about it, I suspect bits of scum in this play. Because I am town, as you will all see when I am lynched. And when I flip town, I could see Yugi getting confirmed town in your guys' eyes. And trying to make it look like scumcoaching then being townread by my town flip would be a clever way to keep suspicion off.
Latin For Dragula

Boog got a point, I get the frustration but learning not to give a fuck is good townplay
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Latin For Dragula

Jace, if you're town how does Yugi's play make sense as scum? Walk me through the reasoning here. What does he get from this tsundere ass defense of an easy mislunch?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Jace

Post by Jace »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:54 pm Jace, if you're town how does Yugi's play make sense as scum? Walk me through the reasoning here. What does he get from this tsundere ass defense of an easy mislunch?
I'm still new to this and not on the level of actual informed analyses as you guys are but the way I see it, going through all this effort to be my fallback at more than one point makes it look like I'm being coached even though the reality is Yugi has nothing to do with any of my answers/defenses/plays. And people's scumread of them is based in the context of a scumread of me. So when I flip town, I figure that could take suspicion off Yugi because it'll reveal that I was not being coached. So if Yugi is scum, making it look like I'm being coached until I flip town on purpose is, imo, some decently clever misdirection.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

notes:

if Jace and Yugi scumbuddies, then Murder looks pretty town. This would be a pretty audacious double-bus, since we're probably dealing with 3 people on the scumteam (possibly 4 if town have a bunch of power roles, but that doesn't seem to be the case). Also, MW would have to be godfather for a double-bus to be a viable move, since Murder rarely lasts the game without being investigated.

if Jace scum and Yugi town, then Murder trends a little worse (but not to the point of being straight-up scummy).

if Jace town and Yugi scum...idk. No read on Toben in that case.

If they're both town, it's a shrug read on Murder. They both look scummy, so it makes sense for town!Murder to think they're scum, and it makes sense for scum!Murder to want a mislynch.
Jace

Post by Jace »

Jace wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:57 pm And people's scumread of them is based in the context of a scumread of me
Would like to elaborate real quick in case it isn't clear. The impression I'm under is that if I was to flip scum, it'd make Yugi look bad because it'd make it look like I was
coached. But since I'll flip town, I expect the opposite to be the case.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:43 pm you backed up that error by claiming your own VT role to back him up, [...] even tho the only reason for any of the play you have reasons for is to help him out
I know this is approaching WIFOM territory (and that this idea of 'my ideal scum play' is instantly undermined by me being the one who brings up what 'my ideal scum play' would be), but tbh I feel like what I'm doing would be remarkably suicidal if Jace were my theoretical buddy? Even if the initial talk this day phase was 'y'know maybe Jace is actually maybe town?' as soon as the officer/trooper stuff got brought up Jace's ship began sinking very fast and I don't see any reason why I would try to salvage what is obviously a sinking ship.

The current narrative is "if Jace is town, Yugi is town. If Jace is scum, Yugi is scum." If I'm scum, the only way this narrative can work to my benefit is if Jace is town. If Jace is scum, there is no way dragging down his hypothetical buddy with him works for him in any way. I'm willing to believe that if Jace is scum, he's being coached himself to basically undermine everything I say (like he's been doing) so that next day phase can focus on me.

(not going to respond to the other stuff because really the only response I can give there is 'whoops, my bad')
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

B???: Valentin Shulgin — "..." — 0%
THEME:

G???: Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — "..." — 0%
THEME: Rina Sawayama — Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)

G???: Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: N/A | SM: N/A | Present:
THEME: The Killers — Spaceman
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."

Return to “Mafia”