XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

On second thought: if jace is town and Yugi scum, murder starts looking scummy to me.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

But Yugi would have to know that before pressure ramped up on you, yeah? Because if he's coaching, it came before your big multi post that started turning people on you.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Jace wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:57 pm
Emprexx Plush wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:54 pm Jace, if you're town how does Yugi's play make sense as scum? Walk me through the reasoning here. What does he get from this tsundere ass defense of an easy mislunch?
So if Yugi is scum, making it look like I'm being coached until I flip town on purpose is, imo, some decently clever misdirection.
If I'm scum and you're town, this is wayyyyyyy too galaxy brain of a move to feasibly work.
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

B???: Valentin Shulgin — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME:

G???: Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — "..." — 0%
THEME: Rina Sawayama — Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)

G???: Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: N/A | SM: N/A | Present:
THEME: The Killers — Spaceman
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Latin For Dragula

@yugi the wifom is cut through by assuming your mistakes are mistakes. If he's town and so are you and you share roles, you overextended trying to support someone running the same case you'll have to. If he's scum and you're scum, you over extended helping your scumbuddy and tried to play it off with artificial distance, but after your first slip up with the trooper thing you don't really have a choice but to support him in this way cuz his claim blows your claim for the future.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Jace

Post by Jace »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:03 am But Yugi would have to know that before pressure ramped up on you, yeah? Because if he's coaching, it came before your big multi post that started turning people on you.
This post reminded me of what I keep forgetting, that scum don't get scumchat until after the first day phase, making it impossible for him to know I was town until after that first post regarding flavor text. Nvm. I think it would be a clever play if it was true but that does eliminate like half of the evidence I had going for that theory.

I'm not drawing any hard lines, like I said I am open to holes being poked in my logic. I've been saying that since my effortpost.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Yugi wrote:as soon as the officer/trooper stuff got brought up Jace's ship began sinking very fast and I don't see any reason why I would try to salvage what is obviously a sinking ship.
You were already tied to the sinking ship insofar as people were already saying that you should be next if jace flips scum. Might as well try to keep the ship from sinking, at that point.
Latin For Dragula

Scum know each other by their PMs generally
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Jace wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:10 am
Emprexx Plush wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:03 am But Yugi would have to know that before pressure ramped up on you, yeah? Because if he's coaching, it came before your big multi post that started turning people on you.
This post reminded me of what I keep forgetting, that scum don't get scumchat until after the first day phase, making it impossible for him to know I was town until after that first post regarding flavor text.
Unless Deamon's really going crazy with this setup scum would know who other scum are, even if they don't get initial scumchat.
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

THEME:

[+] The Past
Image Image Image

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

[+] The Future
ImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

I'm going to stop posting for now because there's not much more I particularly feel I can say (+ do not want to be a hypocrite about having 50+ posts and hyperfocusing the discussion entirely down to one topic) but otherwise hi @ Methodical Slacker I keep forgetting you're in this game, mind talking about things
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

THEME:

[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImage

Jace

Post by Jace »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:12 am Scum know each other by their PMs generally
Oh okay idk then. I still haven't played all the roles of this game so I don't know enough about how it works to make accurate calls I guess.
Latin For Dragula

Unfortunately I can't give you town points for not knowing scum PM info since this all started because you didn't know town pm info 😔
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Jace

Post by Jace »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:29 am Unfortunately I can't give you town points for not knowing scum PM info since this all started because you didn't know town pm info 😔
That’s fine whatever ends this agoraphobic nightmare :)
Jace

Post by Jace »

In seriousness tho idk who else I have any informed suspicion towards. I can speculate all I want about galaxy brained plays but I’ve been doing that all game and it keeps twisting back to being about me
Latin For Dragula

How you feeling about Irina, MW, Kilmarnock, and Slam?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

if yugi's scum, then the lightest of townreads towards MeS

i know this isn't @me but ricky's a townnull for me atm

oh, and how you feeling about blizz, jace?

Return to “Mafia”