XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Jace

Post by Jace »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:47 am How you feeling about Irina, MW, Kilmarnock, and Slam?
Irina and MW I suspect minimally for the reasons I had before. Irina's passive af and has been riding alot of waves and not really contributing anything major, but she also has said several times she's only participating because she doesn't wanna be inactive and isn't really feelin it so idk. Toben I suspect just because I feel it's unsafe not to be wary of the most authoritative effortposter here. I townread him before because he seems genuinely unsure if I'm town or not, but I've been questioning that.

I'm null on Slam now because the only thread that was there for me to pull at was the Dodd defense and Dodd flipped town, so.

Ricky I scumread a little bit for reasons mentioned before, but he could've easily just been going off of clear evidence and Dodd's strategy last game like I was. I townread him more tho because I don't think he would've made himself one of the big three to present actual logic in support of lynching Dodd and invite that suspicion if he was making a play.

Blizz I haven't really been paying much attention to if I'm honest, but I was planning to read back once I get home from work so I'll answer that later tonight if we haven't hammered by then.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

okay so paige and I kept on having the same number of posts in this thread throughout the day, but now i'm one behind so this is kind of a filler post because i must have the same number of posts as paige in this thread

sorry

uuuuuh let's pick someone @Slam uuuuh do you have any thoughts on *throws darts at a board* MW?
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

How dare you
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

hey there stop moving one post ahead of me
Latin For Dragula

Make me!!!
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Zetsu wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:03 am On second thought: if jace is town and Yugi scum, murder starts looking scummy to me.
The situation I'm looking at as more likely is Yugi town, Jace scum. I still don't get the sudden push on him, until the part where he throws in the towel and if we're being charitable we MIGHT be able to chalk that up to Jace just kinda being new at this? Like this is his second game ever I think.
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

pwease?? uwu

*bats eyelashes at paige*
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

@Ricky, to clarify, do you mean the sudden push on Jace, or Yugi?
Latin For Dragula

[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Latin For Dragula

I can see Jace scum, Yugi Town, though it feels unlikely. The only shake up that makes no sense at all to me is Jace Town, Yugi Scum.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

i can see the latter but it'd require (i think) a really weird mix of sophisticated scum play and careless scum play which is just? ??? i mean fair enough i feel like i've definitely had games where i was competent one minute and then incompetent the next, but that's not really a likely possibility i think
Latin For Dragula

my secret is to only play games where i'm incompetent
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Yugi wrote:hi @ Methodical Slacker I keep forgetting you're in this game, mind talking about things
I can give some short thoughts! Things are moving pretty fast this time around and it's sort of hard for me to keep up, it's sort of exam week right now so I can do a lot of passive absorption of stuff but it's harder for me to synthesize, like, opinions. But I'll try!

Jace gives me a scum read. He could also be flailing because he's a power role that hasn't attained any useful information yet, and thus is afraid to say as much because he doesn't have anything to back it up. But I think a lot of the ways that he's tried to throw Yugi under the bus are pretty insidious, and read scum to me. Trying to implicate him in a sort of weird coaching gambit is a flail that reads like, Jace kinda has his finger on things that could happen in some universe, but not this one right now, and in that sense is way off the mark. Yugi comes in with facts and logic (TM) that feel, on the whole, stronger to me, but not by much. I haven't really been in a game with significant SK presence, or with multiple factions, but XCOM is a game with lots of aliens I don't know.

Re: Toben: he did the same thing of laying low last game and wound up flipping scum (I'll never stop being proud of the fuck-around-and-find-out-combo I pulled off) but he's had a good deal more presence this time around. It doesn't come in the form of quantity (he has no reason to care about post count smh), but of quality. The catch with the syntax difference between Advent Trooper and Officer made a lot of sense to me early on, and I think it could use more investigation once there's more cards on the table.

There's this post in there where Paige's post history is looked at for some reason that I don't quite understand the reasoning behind. Zetsu, if this line of questioning is still relevant to you, I'd like to hear maybe more of your thoughts here.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Hope springs eternal. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Blood is thicker than water. Seeking his sister's comfort, Arthur takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.

———The Hell Panel———

¿
S080: Kyle 'K' Emerson: [?]. You can never really know a person. Determined to return home to his elder sister, K. Emerson tries to wait it out while he still can.

S089: Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne: [X]. Rise from your grave. Witnessing herself at her worst, Amaryllis tries to sustain her belief that a better world is possible.
[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Yugikun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:56 am For the record, for the sake of providing more info re the Advent Trooper/Officer thing (and since I don't think I'm reasonably going to bluff a more powerful role than I actually have), I am an ADVENT Trooper, and I am a townie.
So I'm cooking dinner and I see we have five pages of stuff.

That said this does not make me feel better about Jace necessarily. Actually sorta the opposite--I can easily see this being Yugi covering, but I can also see a world in which we have a bunch of different generic fluff vanilla townies (even if I have an eyebrow raised at that). What's hard for me to see, though, is a world in which we've got one Officer, who is just a VT (that's mod-confirmed, too, since we have the flip) and also a bunch of Troopers who are... also just VTs. That setup just kind of boggles me on a thematic level and I find it pretty unlikely.

That said, this does not account for any discourse on pages 31-35 which will come after dinner in ~60-90 minutes.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

That was an explanation for why I’m town reading Paige. Is there some part of my explanation that was confusing?

Return to “Mafia”