XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:02 am Ngl I feel weird on boogie to a degree but I have that "i already answered B the last four questions" anxiety cuz what are the odds he's scum twice in a row and he's not screaming tells to me
it turns out it's a lot easy to concentrate on a game when you know 75% of the board and you have clear objectives each phase

now im town and theres just so much going on all the time and i have to actually pay attention to it im outta my element

idk theres just something about this phase's discourse in particular that just slides right through my brain
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

MW makes an incredibly fair point that math and i are strange bedfellows tho

[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Jace

Post by Jace »

Any read on Zetsu, Toben? I've noticed you've read all the big players right now (and Irina) except them.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:01 am Lise I love you very much but remember when you thought you were being super obvious scummy scum as Jester and literally everyone hard townread you into endgame?

Consider your scumdar might be less than accurate
The only reason everyone hard townread me was because I attached myself to the decoy train and decoy randomly flipped scum and then I buried cactus for amusement points and he also flipped scum ;-; I maintain that my play was scummy though
Slam

Post by Slam »

Shit I'm still alive.

I'm not going to be peer pressured into reading through this entire game and coming up with individual analyses. I could do that for the last mafia because the last mafia was less than half the size at the time (including a lot of meme content). Maybe instead of saying 'oh man Slam's scum because he's not doing that thing he did last time!', you should do your own lists if you think they'd be so useful?

Not moving my vote though. I think Jace's statements that I've been aggressively pushing him is BS when it's that I just haven't moved my vote off of him and I've explained why when asked. I'd say that I'm also reevaluating my gut opinion that he's town, but no doubt people would leap on that as more ironclad signs that I am scum.

Unfortunately my enthusiasm for this game has been thoroughly killed by the tone that was used in pushing on me yesterday. People ike to say 'leave your feelings at the door' but it's actually not fun at all to just have everything you put forward written off in a condescending manner.

I'm checked out at this point in time. Kill me or don't, right now I'm whatever. Maybe my spirit will return to me before this phase is over, but again, don't really care.
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
Latin For Dragula

This is more a post game discussion than an ongoing one but the short version is how is the dismissal you put up with for a couple hours different from what Jace has been going through for days? From the jump you've called his play noise, disruptive, a black hole, newbie flailing, and insisted even though he's probably town the game is better off if he gets lunched. And you're just one of like, eight people hyper focusing him.

If that's scum play and this is scum sour grapes about getting caught when you don't think you deserve it, w/e.

If that's 100% genuine though, taking it personal cuts both ways. Can't speak for anyone else who jumped on suspicion but I chose the language I did(noise, flailing in particular) specifically to evoke your characterization of Jace back at you. To pull a corny paraphrase, don't act surprised my guy cuz you wrote it.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Slam

Post by Slam »

You're right, this is a post game discussion.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

So I've read through the past few pages and tbh am finding it hard to follow all the twists and turns, so it's entirely possible I've remembered something wrong, but I feel I should say what my gut feeling is right now: I don't think Jace is scum. Their play reads more like how they say it is: eager to stay in the game, eager to put everything on the record, a bit too all over the place in both days 1 and 2 that I reckon if they was scum they would have been told to change tack overnight by scum buddies. And I was still sympathetic to the value of an info lynch on them but somebody brought up how we likely don't have much room before we're in LyLo (see I know some terminology) that I am very hesitant.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

And if someone said anything that rebuts these points I missed it because 99% of my catch-up was done lying in bed with a hangover so yeah
Latin For Dragula

As all reading should be tbh
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Thanks for your understanding
Jace

Post by Jace »

Slam wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:08 am I'd say that I'm also reevaluating my gut opinion that he's town
Jace

Post by Jace »

Also..
Removed so he doesn't get pinged again wrote: People ike to say 'leave your feelings at the door' but it's actually not fun at all to just have everything you put forward written off in a condescending manner.
Telllll me about it Sorry you feel that way but you're a large part of why I had to spend what, like, 4-5 days straight dealing with the exact same thing? To a higher degree? It's annoying yeah but I don't see why that's a reason to quit. Also I'm not dismissing everything you say as noise like you were doing to me, I'm bein real about why your play is rubbing me the wrong way. That's not gonna change bc the pressure is frustrating.
Slam

Post by Slam »

I apologise if my phrasing caused distress or was considered hurtful. It was not my intention.
Jace

Post by Jace »

In all seriousness, you good. I may have had momentary bits of frustration in the past but, what happens here stays here. I'm not thinking anything of it yo we just playin.

Return to “Mafia”