XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

It's cuz we're mostly going in circles to a degree we don't this early. But cut and dry its pretty simple. Slam, MW, Irina, Blizz, Zetsu, and me are the main players on the Jace Lunch. Jace and Yugi have claimed the same role and flavor of ADVENT Trooper(Townie). This is a different Townie than Fen, who flipped ADVENT Trooper.

MW, Zetsu, and I pushed hard on Jace being scum because of this, MW and Zetsu thought his play was scummy, Slam/Blizz/Irina all pushed Jace as a policy lunch for info while claiming he was varying degrees of town. I got suspicious of Slam and continued suspicions on Irina because of this, and dug into slam's ISOs from today and yesterday to the conclusion he's been more active but much more cautious/hesitant to provide scum reads than last game, which looks like scum hedging. That combined with pushing an info lunch when in a game this side we hit mylo/lylo super fast made Slam my main scum read. Jace followed up with similar analysis, boogie jumped on. Zetsu defended slam, MW sees a case but thinks Jace is scummier.

Blizz unvotes and is still looking at ISOs last I remember. Ricky is also suspicious of Slam's activity. Slam's defense has been that Jace makes the game too noisy and he doesn't think read lists are worth the effort as a result, and that the tone of the push against him was too condescending. He has also moved off the Jace Lunch, which is now mainly pushed by Zetsu and MW.

Goose weighed in that Jace doesn't seem scummy based on reading his posts.

Think that's the main highlights of the day but I'm at work so I'm not isoing in detail w/ a phone post. The trains are Jace and Slam. I'm staying on Slam unless someone gives me another scum option.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Latin For Dragula

Ebwop: fen flipped ADVENT Officer not Trooper
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

dont put words in my mouth, if lynching you looks impossible i'll happily pivot to a slam lynch.

I feel like I've laid out where I want to go with this, but it might've gotten buried. If You're scum, yugi's scum. Paige is a townread no matter what flips look like because despite being brilliant as scum i feel like they'll have to be improbably galaxy-brained in order to pull off all the opinion shifts they've done this phase in as coherent a manner as they have done. If anyone could do something like this it'd be paige, but probably still no.

Slam's play looks scummy at, like, a lot of points, but tbh I read the frustration as genuine and, since I tend to be reluctant to get emotional when I'm scum under the spotlight since it feels like I'm guilt-tripping people into not voting for me and thus avoiding a lynch by playing dirty (mind, this gets into some annoyingly tricky ethical things where you can play dirty as town by getting emotional in order to garner townreads, but eh). The scenario where you and him are both scum comes from him pushing a weak case on you on day 1 that he knows isn't going to go through, which lets him get townpoints if you flip up at some point (as scum) without having to actually lose a scumuddy. Like bussing, but you don't even have to lose your scumbuddy. Do I think this is what's happening? Not if Jace and Yugi are both scum.

MW is shaky town for me. Playing this actively is dangerous for scum!MW because he has a Reputation, and thus tends to get investigated. If you're town and Slam's scum, then he starts looking quite a bit worse. If you and Slam are both scum, then he looks townier (especially if one of you flips godfather).

Boogie is ??? to me, and my reads there are kinda contingent on how MW flips, but even then it's kinda shaky. Going back to a lurker-ish playstyle is, like, zero in terms of town utility, but I get feeling disengaged. Then again, I know he's reading, his stuff is always topical when he posts. There's very little care being put towards optics; disregarding optics makes sense as a way to get townread, but like has very little actual town utility. So, scummy, I guess. Lack of engagement feels ever so slightly performative.

MeS is townish rn. If MW flips scum, then his reads on MeS will be a WIFOM clusterfuck, but I still lean town, I think.

Irina is perpetual ??? to me.

Goose being in persistent shitposting mode is 1) appreciated, and 2) townish.

Blizz is shrug. I see her as town if MW flips scum.

Ricky's still townnull to me. Focused on stuff weirdly, which suggests that he's sorta off asking his own questions. Easy enough to fake as scum, but pending more info, that's my read on him.
Latin For Dragula

My quick and dirty reads spectrum purely on play is

Town

Goose
MS
MW
Jace
Yugi
Ricky
Boogie
Blizz
Zetsu
Irina
Slam

Scum
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Votes are very nearly split at the moment, and we have, like, 20 or 21 hours last I checked. Jace has, like, two votes? And slam has 3. I don't want a no-lynch.

So, I'm claiming.

I am an ADVENT Officer.

I am a Townie.

(vanilla townie, if that ain't clear)

aka, same role as fen

I was hoping to secure the Jace lynch without having to give up this info, but oh well. I think the most probably scenario is that scum messed up their claims. Deamon might've done something weird with the setup in which case @Deamon you're next (i'm kidding i'm kidding)

Getcha Jace steaks here, everyone.
Latin For Dragula

[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

i will not
Latin For Dragula

Where do you think the ADVENT Trooper claims come from then? What's the scum logic behind them?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

so like do you think jace and yugi are both scum that both decided to claim vanilla townie (noted way of staying alive) with the same flavor
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

whatever this is three vanilla townie claims chop chop we've got some fat to trim

UNVOTE: SLAM

VOTE: JACE
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

oh, also @Deamon can we have a covetbunt please (somehow my fingers made the word covetbunt when i meant to type votecount so i'm leaving it there bc it looks funny to me but uh yeah i am in fact asking for a votecount

@boogie yup. The way I see it, Yugi was probably gonna be pressed into claiming next anyways if jace flipped scum. by claiming in the way he did, before pressure started, he gets to look town (and indeed garnered a bunch of townreads off of that) for looking helpful. Done right, this townread might even hold up after Jace's flip.
Latin For Dragula

My question is still where scum gets the idea for claiming Vanilla Townie: ADVENT Trooper. Are you asserting that all vanilla townies are officers in this game?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

MethodicalSlacker wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:33 pm
Goose wrote: for some reason
And what reason would that be? Genuinely curious. You say "but wait there's more" and then you don't say much more, is the thing here
"But wait there's more" was me doing a billy mays style shitpost than a connective between thoughts

Like I was commenting that like
You had noticed there was still more to read
And then I was riffing on that fact

And yeah I didn't actually have any idea what that reason was otherwise I would have said
But i find Paige's explanation of why the day has been hard to follow plausible
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:08 pm My question is still where scum gets the idea for claiming Vanilla Townie: ADVENT Trooper. Are you asserting that all vanilla townies are officers in this game?
this is a good question yeah

it seems a pretty risky thing for two (2) scum to double down on, even with a fakeclaim
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

logic for jace was that he was flailing and that either scum don't have safeclaims or he missed the fact that he had them, logic for yugi was that he was desperately trying for a galaxy-brain all-or-nothing we're-probably-both-gonna-get-lynched-anyways-if-i-don't-do-something-crazy move. I don't completely love this reconstruction of events, and am open to alternative suggestions, but, like.

1. Jace looks scum to me
2. While his claim could theoretically coexist with mine and with fen's, it''d be weird if it does

im not guaranteeing that all vt's are officers, but that's what I'm guessing. like, idk, it's possible that deamon gave multiple generic roles for vt's so that you got a couple of officers, a couple of troopers, a couple of whatevers, but that would feel really rather weird to me.

Return to “Mafia”