XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Vote: Deamon

>:C
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Assuming a lynch and a kill per phase, we got two lynches left.

With Watcher dead and Rolecop dead, I really doubt we still have anything left in the way of investigative roles. Is it time for a massclaim?
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

MurderWeasel wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:56 am re: voting and flips I dunno, I mean I'm out for real (cut me some slack, it wasn't midnight yet, few minutes pre-pumpkin :P ).

I'd sorta like to hear more from Goose because the one commit being "That dude we're about to blow up seems fine to me" is... a take! Especially absent much reasoning (like how do you parse the claim stuff? How do you explain his play, and if he's town does that make Yugi town, and what does that mean for Jack, and, and...?)

But also I do not expect scum to shoot Goose assuming he's not scum bar something screwy.

I'm honestly too tired to make the call. I feel like there is a middle ground between "Hammer right now!" and "Wait until jjjuuussstttt before deadline" but also it's gonna be the middle of the night for a bunch of the game so are we really gonna see material activity anyways? And I imagine you need to sleep eventually as well.
So, because I didn't get the chance to answer last day phase, let me clarify - my read of Jace was that he genuinely was just a flailing town play, that he genuinely was as he said, just exasperated and aggravated and trying to stay alive but also really keen to be in the thick of it. I hadn't read enough to, like, actually respond to those specific points that you raised, and I have no idea about the ripple effects of my reads because I've already forgotten all the twists and turns from yesterday.) Ultimately, I found it hard to believe that a scum-player - especially after the nightchat opportunity to be coached - would behave like that, and far easier to believe that he was just caught digging himself into an unfortunate grave. It was gut-feeling, and I get the impression that until we actually get a scum Jace to compare to, VT Jace will always attract this kind of furore.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Zetsu wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:39 pm Assuming a lynch and a kill per phase, we got two lynches left.

With Watcher dead and Rolecop dead, I really doubt we still have anything left in the way of investigative roles. Is it time for a massclaim?
Is there a chance we have a normal Cop about?
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

I'm very skeptical, given that we have 4 people who are (to me) confirmed VT's. I'd consider it possible in a role madness setup, but rolecop and watcher is arguably already a more powerful combination than the usual tracker/cop combination (a rolecop is weaker than a cop, yes, but a watcher is much, much more powerful than a tracker, to the point of arguably being about equal to the cop in terms of utility). Expect a very powerful scumteam if we still have a cop on deck.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

@Ricky whomst are your reads
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

@boogie you too dude you’re kinda my main suspect right now

Gonna have to ISO mw now, sigh

I was very much counting on some kind of investigative role id’ing mw for us
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Zetsu wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:20 pm @boogie you too dude you’re kinda my main suspect right now
lmao care to elaborate
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

jace, paige, AND slam all flipping town kind of did a number on my thoughts i need to recalibrate
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

What were your reads before the jace flip? And before the slam/Paige flip but after the jace flip? I want this in as much detail as you can remember.
Jace

Post by Jace »

Told u so
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Zetsu wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:33 pm What were your reads before the jace flip? And before the slam/Paige flip but after the jace flip? I want this in as much detail as you can remember.
before the jace flip i figured that either jace or slam was probably scum, then jace flipped and i was like "oh shit i bet it's slam, and also this looks really bad for zetsu and toben" and then slam and paige flipped and i was like "lmao"

right now i think im side-eyeing our quietest players. MeS, Irina, Gianni, i'd bet five dollars that there's scum in there
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

My thoughts on Slam were kinda townnull and Paige being one of the two most active participants in the game swung either hard scum or hard town with very little in-between. I have to regard Paige much in the same way I have to deal with Toben, which is 'basically always treat them as scum for safety purposes'. Speaking of Toben, if he lives through tonight I'm like 98% sure the dude is scum.

Yugi muddled things up a bit since the time where I declared he was my hardest townread but he's still firmly town for me after the Jace flip (which also struck me as town-flailing rather than scum). Gianni's been awfully quiet this game and I want to hear a bit from Irina before I read on her. As for you, Zetsu... hmm.

I'll get back to you.
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Also every time Paige posts I think it's Elena and thank god I don't have to deal with that confusion anymore, Elena's not even in this game
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in

Return to “Mafia”