The 90th (wow) SOTF Songtest

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Spindarene

The 90th (wow) SOTF Songtest

Post by Spindarene »

Hello, everyone!

For our next songtest, we will be doing songs about...

THE CIRCUS!

Songs about the circus, or that give you a circusy vibe, or something that reminds you of the circus.

Sign-ups will be open for 1 week (so until October 2nd at 1:00 p.m. PST), please get your submissions to me by then.
[+] The Rules
- Please submit your songs to me via Discord if you can. I realize that not everyone who participates in Songtest is on Discord, and that's okay. I will still check my PMs, but Discord is definitely the easiest and quickest way to communicate with me.

- Songs will be randomly divided into 2 or 3 semifinals depending on turnout. if you're going to be away at some point in the next couple of weeks, let me know and I can try to put your song in a round when you'll be here.

- Listen to every song and give points to your top 10 favorites: 12 to your favorite, 10 to your second, 8 to your third, 7 to your fourth, and so on down to 1 point for your tenth favorite.

- If your song is in a given round, you must vote that round or you'll be eliminated. if your song isn't in that round (or you aren't in the contest at all), your vote will be counted as a public vote, which counts for half points.

- The top [x] songs will move on to the final. that number depends on the number of contestants.

- Repeat the process for the finals and we get a winner.

- Winner gets to hold the next contest, or they can pass the job along to 2nd place if they don't want to. 2nd place can pass down to third, etc, until someone wants to host.
Have fun!

Sign-Ups So Far:

* means no song submission yet

1. Me
2. Toben
3. Dm boogie
4. Slam
5. Kami
6. Zetsu
7. Methodical Slacker
8. Random Stranger
9. Laurels
10. The Lord of Awesome
11. Ruggahissy
12. Kilmarnock
13. Midnight Twelve
14. Fenris
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Paint my face let's go.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

When you're attacked by a group of clowns, go for the juggler. I'm in.
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

S.O.N.G.
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

Toben
Laurels
Kami
Slam
Dm boogie
Me
Kilmarnock
The Lord of Awesome
Methodical Slacker
Ruggahissy
Fenris
Zetsu
Random Stranger
Midnight Twelve

and the songs are...

1. A Big Top Medley by Anton Lavey
2. Freak of the Week by Freak Kitchen
3. Blue Shades by North Texas Wind Symphony
4. Tightrope by Walk the Moon
5. The Greatest Show Unearthed by Creature Feature
6. The Ringleader by The Venetia Fair
7. Circus by Lindsay Mendez & Drew Gasparini
8. Mr. Capgras Encounters a Secondhand Vanity: Tulpamancer’s Prosopagnosia​/​Pareidolia (As Direct Result of Trauma to the Fusiform Gyrus) by Will Wood & the Tapeworms
9. Hurt by Christina Aguilara
10. Carnival 2000 by Prefab Sprout
11. The World Revolving by Toby Fox
12. Circus by Britney Spears
13. Applause by Lady Gaga
14. Freakshow on the Dance Floor by The Bar-Kays

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted. Because of this, I am going to give you all until a week from Saturday to get your votes in. So you have until October 16th, 1:00 p.m. PST to get your votes in. Let me know ASAP if any of the links don't work in your country/region and I will find you a substitute. EDIT: Having both a semi-final and a final doesn't really make sense, so there will only be one round total. This is both the beginning and the end.

Have fun!
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

48 hours for Songtest votes
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

Okay, since I forgot to give people a 24 hour ping and I've been busy, I'm going to give y'all a 24 hour extension. Your votes are now due on Sunday. I will ping those who owe me votes tomorrow.
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

24 hours for songtest votes
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

14. Hurt by Christina Aguilara, submitted by Laurels. It received 33 points, including one 12.

13. A Big Top Medley by Anton Lavey, submitted by Toben. It received 40 points, including one 10.

12. The Ringleader by The Venetia Fair, submitted by Fenris. It received 44 points and tied with Blue Shades and received two 10s and two 8s but no 12s.

11. Blue Shades by North Texas Wind Symphony, submitted by Zetsu. It received 44 points and tied with The Ringleader but received a 12 and two 8s.
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

10. The Greatest Show Unearthed by Creature Feature, submitted by Kami. It received 49 points, including three 8s.

9. Freak of the Week by Freak Kitchen, submitted by dm boogie. It received 50 points, including one 12 and one 10.

8. Freakshow on the Dance Floor by The Bar-Kays, submitted by Rugga. It received 55 points, including one 12 and one 8.

7. The World Revolving by Toby Fox, submitted by Kilmarnock. It received 58 points, including a 10 and two 8s.

6. Tightrope by Walk the Moon, submitted by Midnight Twelve. It received 61 points, including a 12 and an 8.
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

5. Carnival 2000 by Prefab Sprout, submitted by Methodical Slacker. It received 64 points, including a 12 and two 10s.

4. Circus by Britney Spears, submitted by Random Stranger. It received 71 points, including three 10s.

3. Applause by Lady Gaga, submitted by Slam. It received 74 points, including three 12s and one 8.
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

The runner up is Circus by Lindsay Mendez & Drew Gasparini, submitted by The Lord of Awesome. It received 83 points, including three 12s, a 10, and an 8.

The winner is: Mr. Capgras Encounters a Secondhand Vanity: Tulpamancer's Prosopagnosia / Pareidolia (As Direct Result of Trauma to the Fusiform Gyrus) by Will Wood and The Tapeworms, submitted by me. It received 87 points, including two 12s, three 10s, and an 8.

While it's been fun hosting this songtest, I am happy to pass the hosting duties to The Lord of Awesome, who can do what he so chooses with them.

Until next time...

Return to “Song Contests”