My Hand is Cold Without You

Open, early afternoon

Just off the shore of the island, the partially submerged wreckage of an old, four-passenger propeller plane can be found. While most of its body is jutting out of the water, the tail is submerged and buried in sediment. Luckily for the adventurous, the cabin doors are still accessible and provide access inside the craft. The interior is also relatively intact, although it smells strongly of mold and rocks gently with any large waves or high winds.
Laurels

My Hand is Cold Without You

Post by Laurels »

((Ellis Wheaton continued from Summer Diamonds))

Ellis continued to run, even though his throat was dry and aching and his face was redder than his hair. After he ran from the changing room, he had just picked a direction and ran. He didn't really think much about where he would go when he realized Armand was gone. He sure wasn't as physical as one would be running across an island, but Ellis had managed to keep going. Granted, he had to stop a few times to spit up bile and catch his breath, but most of his running was determined to not stay in one place. After all, each break left him in a different part of the forest, and the horror of being lost in the woods motivated him to keep going.

After some time, Ellis's legs finally lost all feeling and he collapsed to the ground. He moaned as he laid on the cool ground. He must have looked so foolish being there on the ground. He could also tell some of his stuff had spilled out of his backpack.

Ellis sat up and realized why the ground had felt particularly cold and brittle. He was looking at a shoreline, watching as waves crashed into the shore. He noticed something queer off in the distance. He squinted, and realized it was a crashed airplane.

Ellis laughed to himself before he spat more bile into the sand.

"A crashed plane. What a fucking joke," he muttered to himself.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"O-Oh god. There you are, Ellis!" A voice called out as their footsteps were stomping through the snowy sand and the girl stopped right by Ellis' side, panting softly in exhaustion.

((Eden Glass continued from Summer Diamonds))

"Oh boy! I almost lost track of you a few times. But well, the footsteps in the snow and the yucky vomit helped me on the right path again." She was still trying to catch her breath and she made sure to point the naginata upwards to not catch herself or Ellis with it. Gotta not be dumb, you know!! "Hey, sorry about what happened back there. I didn't think that she was going to slap you like that. It was really uncalled for."

Eden scratched her chin awkwardly and she glanced over at the messed-up plane, humming softly.

"Oh, geez. Do you think there is anything useful in there?" She nodded towards the plane, tapped the end of the naginata on the sandy ground. ".... Eh, maybe not."

She glanced back at Ellis, and she gave him a friendly smile to keep herself sane.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Ellis's head quickly snapped at the voice that called out to him. His eyes widened. It was the blue haired girl who was in the locker room. The girl had run up to him, showing concern for him. She was talking about the crashed plane and if there were supplies.

What the plane held didn't matter. This girl followed him. She wanted to come with him when he ran away. She chose him over that crazy girl. She cared about him. And she was smiling at him.

If Ellis hadn't done a ton of crying already, he felt like he could cry again.

"You...you came after me?" he asked without realizing he said it loud enough.

He quickly shut his jaw and then stammered.

"Oh, uh, maybe?" he said. "If it hasn't all drifted away in the sea."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Eden was almost surprised by Ellis' question about her following him and she knew it was about she had planned to leave with him anyway. She needed a partner in crime, right?! Ehhh, maybe partner in crime was a poor choice of words honestly. But still, she didn't want to leave an emotional guy like him on his own. Besides, if she had left him alone, it was more likely someone crueller would have come across him and well...

Death would have likely happened.

Eden bit down on her lower lip for a moment.

"Of course! I couldn't leave you out here on your own." She commented brightly, glancing around the area once more. "I did want to come with you anyway. If I hadn't come after you.... I would have been worried that someone else might hurt you. ...Not that I'm saying that all of our classmates would go the murder path! Oh, boy."

She let out a light-hearted laugh and kicked at the sand, making it spread in chunks a little.

"Eh, might not be a good idea to try to go out there to the plane. Could be dangerous, you know?"
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Oh, okay, yeah," Ellis said. "We don't have to check it out. We can just...uh...admire it? I guess?"

Ellis stood up and brushed some sand off his pants. He then turned to the girl. Holy crap, he actually got an ally this early in such a nightmare like SOTF. This was fantastic.

"Anyways, um, so..."

God, Ellis wished he was better at small talk. He wasn't sure what to say to her now. What else was there to say in this place besides poo-tee-weet?

"Oh, I'm Ellis, by the way," he said. "Ellis Wheaton. Sorry, I don't think I introduced myself."

Ellis held a hand out to the girl. He then remembered that she had called out his name, so yeah, she knew damn well who he was. But he still didn't know her name, so he may as well introduce himself properly now.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Eden let out a light-hearted laugh. "Admire a damaged plane.... Mmm. Yeah, there are people who would call it art or something like that."

She was relieved to see that he had calmed down and seemed to be no longer crying. She wouldn't have been good at trying to comfort him with words anyway.

"Hey, no worries, Ellis!" She said cheerfully and she reached out her free hand to him, giving it a firm shake before letting go. "Eden. Eden Glass. I'm the resident weirdo who likes tarot cards a little too much. Haha."

She then pulled her hand away and then she glanced around again, humming softly.

"Are you going to be okay?" She asked quietly.
[+] V7
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Eden. Her name was Eden. Ellis felt glad to know that. She was already showing herself to be his paradise in this hellscape. He really appreciated the feel of her handshake as she shook his.

She then asked if he was going to be okay.

He paused.

"...I really can't be sure..."

Ellis scratched the back of his head.

"At least for now, sure," he explained. "Overall? Yeah, I'm probably already traumatized."
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

((S042 - Teddie Boyd start))

Teddie missed Rambo.

He had woken up quite some time ago, and when he did he cried. That was a bit ago, now all he felt was a general numbness and fear.

Teddie was alone. His thoughts drifted to how Rambo was doing and if he was being taken care of while he was away. Possibly forever. He shook his head to clear himself of those thoughts.

Teddie had yet to even check his pack instead he picked a direction and walked. Which ended with him at the shoreline looking at old plane in the water.

And two people who were looking at it.

"Hey! " He called out as he waved his hands in the air, "I'm friendly!" Teddie hoped they were too.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Eden couldn't really blame Ellis for a pretty honest response to her about her question. Seeing two of their teachers being killed in such brutal ways had been horrifying and the only way that she could cope was trying to keep herself as positive and as light-hearted as she could be. She didn't want to be like a negative nancy or whatever. It was better to be a positive ray of sunshine. Being all doom and gloom wasn't going to cut it at all!

"Mmm." She hummed thoughtfully and then she pulled her hand out of shaking his hand. She didn't want to grip it for too long. That would have been very awkward! "I understand that feeling. It's not fun to be caught up in a death game and being forced to... well, you know."

She didn't like the idea of saying killing each other. But that was basically it. She might be a happy person at heart, but she wasn't naive about the situation that they were in. She might have been excited about the naginata that she had gotten, but she knew that she had to take this all seriously. They were pretty much hostages to those terrorists right now!

She blinked when she heard a male's voice calling out to them and she turned her head towards where the voice had come from. She noticed a boy who was waving to them and calling out that he was friendly. Oh, it was Teddie Boyd. She didn't know him personally, but she had cheerfully said hi to him in the hallways and tried time and again to tell him what her tarot cards said about him.

"Hey there!" She called back to him, and she raised her free hand to wave back to him, a smile was printed firmly on her face. "We're friendly too!"
[+] V7
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Ellis nodded along to what Eden was saying. He was glad she was as uncomfortable with all of this as he was. He would hate to meet someone who was actually having a good time here because they were probably a psychopath. At the very least, they could at least start to become friends in all of this. Like Band of Brothers or something. Ellis hated his brothers, so having a girl-brother would probably be better.

Before Ellis could say anything else, another person started shouting out to them. Ellis jumped a bit in place and turned to the sound. It was another guy running towards them waving and smiling.

Oh crap there's someone happy to be here.

Ellis had to shake the thought out. Odds are this guy was just trying to be friendly, like Eden already was. As the boy got closer, Ellis remembered that this was Teddie Boyd. He knew Teddie was a social guy with an emotional support ferret. That was kind of cool. It was almost like-

Ellis paused.

"Armand..." he muttered to himself.

Ellis crouched down to the ground. He was suddenly back to feeling the separation anxiety he felt earlier. He never considered Armand an emotional support puppet, but he was starting to wish he was registered as one.
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

They are friendly. Teddie could have cried with joy if he didn't spend an hour crying when he woke up.

A smile was plastered on his face that the first people he found were friendly, not insane, and didn't want to shoot him. He hoped.

As Teddie got closer he found that the people he called out to was Eden Glass and Ellis Wheaton. He didn't hang out with either. But that's fine! A friendly face is a friendly face!

"Thank god the first people I see are sane! I was a bit worried that some people would be reall-" Teddie's sentence was cut off the distinct look of a strange spear in Eden's hands.

He almost jumped out of his skin, as he jumped sending his body down to the cold sand. "What the hell are you doing with that!?"

Teddie was less afraid of Eden and more afraid of the weapon. She had already stated that she was friendly but with that spear thing in her hand. It could really just be a way to get him to come closer. So she could...

The thought sent tears into Teddie's eyes. "Please don't!" Teddie yelled as he raised his hands.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Uhm..."

Was all she could do when Ellis seemed to be crouching back down again and she wanted to reassure him that everything was going to be okay as long as he didn't fall into despair. It looked like Eden was failing on that part once again. She had to keep calm and well, that normally was not her role. But well, she couldn't act like the perky, gothy weirdo that she was.

"Uhm...!"

Her uhm was louder when Teddie seemed to suddenly be freaking out and Eden found herself blinking a few times in surprise. She hadn't thought that the weapon would make him cry as she was making sure to have it point upwards towards the sky, but she guessed in a way it made sense. Not everyone was going to react that well to weapons. At least she didn't have a gun! ...Not that she would know how to use one and would likely shoot herself.

"Oh, hey. Sorry about that, Teddie. This is what was given to me. Look, I'll just put it down..." Eden said as she placed the naginata in front of her on the ground and she place one of her feet lightly on top of the handle. She then turned her attention back to Teddie and she still had a reassuring smile on her face. "Sorry for scaring you like that, Teddie. Still as friendly as cherry pie!"

She hated that she was the only one that was not in a wave of anxiety or despair or depression or anything negative.

Was it too weird for her to be positive and hopeful? Well, she had to figure that out at some point.
[+] V7
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Ellis was broken out of his Armand funk when the approaching boy had a very strong reaction. Ellis looked up and saw Teddie on the ground as well, freaking out over Eden's weapon.

Ellis quickly got up from his crouching position and stepped away from Teddie, moving closer to Eden.

"Yeah, calm down, dude," Ellis said.

He wondered how he could calm the boy down. Perhaps a joke?

Ellis pulled the knife he got from Manic Marian and held it up to show him.

"You know what they say? 'Guns don't kill people, the government does.' Well, we're too young to work for the government, so it's not like we're going to kill people with guns. Or, knives. Or, whatever Eden has. Um...wait..."

Ellis could feel his face growing redder. Armand probably could articulate that better than he just did. A knife was no substitute for a friend.
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

Teddie was panicked and stressed out. He knew that he was probably being irrational but he couldn't stop his fear. Teddie wanted to trust his classmates and to be able to boldly say that they would never kill anyone but the weapon in Eden's hands served as a kind of wake-up call.

People were going to die. He was going to die and there was nothing he could do about it.

Eden dropped her spear and apologized for scaring him. It made him feel pathetic like a child throwing a tantrum that needed to be calmed down. Though he would be lying if he said it didn't make him feel a little better. He couldn't have a breakdown here, he looked pathetic right now. Still crying on the cold sand, he tried to pull himself together.

Then Ellis told him to calm down. "I-I know...I'm sorry it's just..." Just as he managed to make the tears stop flowing, Ellis pulled out a knife. All the progress that Teddie had made in calming down was dashed in an instant, and while he made no real moves to show this the tears started up again. Then Ellis made a dumb joke about the government. "...Heh... hehe... Hahahaha." He started to laugh even while he was crying. The joke wasn't funny and would have probably made him feel worse. But the end where he stumbled over his own words and blushed made him feel more at ease than Teddie ever thought it would.

Teddie felt a little better. Even though he was still scared shitless, he finally smiled even if it was accompanied by tears. "I'm sorry. This game has got my nerves. Thanks, I feel a bit better now." Teddie said as he picked himself up and wiped his eyes with his hand. "I'm sorry for breaking down on you guys like that... Really thanks..!" as he said that he walked over to Ellis and moved to pulled him into a tight hug.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

What just happened? Was all that Eden could really think about in that moment. It definitely felt like the boys had really strange mood swings than her sister and that really was something that Eden had to deal with constantly. Ellis' joke had been very awkward. At least to her, it had been. But hey, it looked like it had kinda worked on Teddie. So that was better than nothing!

She could only watch while Teddie was hugging Ellis and she scratched her cheek awkwardly.

"Soooo.... are we all cool now?" She asked as she took a few steps closer to both of the boys, making sure to keep a vague eye on her weapon. She didn't want it to get kidnapped or anything like that. "Because if we're all good, I think that it would be a good idea to move onto a different location. We are out in the open and I don't think that we would like to get shot by anyone."

Serious mode really was a bummer for her!
[+] V7

Return to “Downed Plane (DANGER ZONE)”