Songcontest #117 — Narrative

Once upon a time...

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
TheLordOfAwesome

Songcontest #117 — Narrative

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Welcome to the 117th SOTF Song Contest!

Today's theme is:

Narrative

Players must submit a song that that has lyrics that have a narrative in their lyrics! So be sure your song submission tells the listener a story of some kind!

So yeah, that's that. Here come the rules.
[+] da rules
No reality show/competition covers.
Please don't use anything we've used in a prior songtest (Master Songtest Sheet here).
Be nice about the songs, even if you don't like them. This isn't the actual Eurovision, the people submitting these songs are people too, not a conglomerate of hairstylists/lyricists/producers, people have feelings..

Songs will be randomly divided into 2 or 3 semifinals depending on turnout. If you're going to be absent at any point during the song contest (so basically over the next 2 weeks or so), let me know and I'll place you appropriately.
Listen to every song and give points to your top 10 favorites: 12 to your favorite, 10 to your second, 8 to your third, 7 to your fourth, and so on down to 1 point for your tenth favorite.
If your song is in a given round, you must vote that round or you'll be disqualified. If your song isn't in that round (or you aren't in the contest at all), your vote will be counted as a public vote, which counts for half points. If you're doing a public vote in chat, tag me in Discord so that I can find them.

Public votes will all count as half-votes.

The top songs will move on to the final; the number of top songs depends on the number of contestants. Repeat the process for the finals and we get a winner.
The winner gets to hold the next contest, or they can pass the job along to 2nd place if they don't want to. 2nd place can pass down to third, etc, until someone wants to host.
Each semifinal and the final will last for roughly three days, depending on turnout. We just had first rolls, so if people would like a round extension because of the need to kill our kids, let me know via any means and I'll consider/probably implement it.
Sign-ups will take place over the next few days, until Feburary 6th at 11PM PST. You can send me songs through either DIscord or board PM.

Contestants:
1. TLoA (Me!)
2. Fiori
3. CardboardAirplane
4. Cicada
5. DerArknight
6. Dr. Adjective
7. MurderWeasal
8. Jilly
9. Laurels
10. Zimikyu
11. dmboogie
12. get krabby, eat patties
13. Maraoone
14. DES
15. Dancake
16. Skraal
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

I'm a poet, but let's try writing a narrative.
TheLordOfAwesome

FINAL ROUND

The Authors:

Zimikyu
Skraal
MurderWeasal
Jilly
TheLordofAwesome (That's me!)
Fiori
Maraoone
Laurels
get krabby, eat patties
CardboardAirplane
DES
DerArknight
Dancake
Cicada
Dr. Adjective
Dmboogie

Table of Contents:

Prologue — “Another New World” by Josh Ritter
Chapter 1 — “Love For Long” by Jenny Owen Youngs
Chapter 2 — “hangar” by 8485
Chapter 3 — “Bank Job” by Barenaked Ladies
Chapter 4 — “Mephisto” by Bushido
Chapter 5 — “Children’s Story” by Slick Rick
Chapter 6 — “Shia LaBeouf Live” by Rob Cantor
Chapter 7 — “Up the Junction” by Squeeze
Chapter 8 — “Paciencia y Fe” by Olga Merediz
Chapter 9 — “Sleep in the Heat” by Pup
Chapter 10 — “Drink With The Living Dead” by Ghoultown
Chapter 11 — “The Ballad of Smoking Joe Rudeboy” by Tom Cardy
Chapter 12 — “Two Doors Down” by Dolly Parton
Chapter 13 — “Come On Back This Way” by Jack Ladder And The Dreamlanders
Chapter 14 — “When The Tigers Broke Free” by Pink Floyd
Epilogue — “Daily Growing” by Atlan

Voting will go on until February 14th at 11 PM PST. Be sure to get your votes in by then! Happy listening!!
TheLordOfAwesome

RESULTS PART 1

[+] DQd
“Shia LaBeouf Live” by Rob Cantor, submitted by CardboardAirplane. It received 47 points, including a 12 and a 10!

“Daily Growing” by Atlan, submitted by Zimikyu. It received 97 points, including four 12s and an 8!
[+] 14th place
“Mephisto” by Bushido, submitted DerArknight. It received 25 points, including a 12 and an 8!
[+] 13th place
“When The Tigers Broke Free” by Pink Floyd, submitted by Skraal. It received 33 points, including three 8s!
[+] 12th place
“Paciencia y Fe” by Olga Merediz, submitted by Laurels. It received 35 points, including two 8s!
[+] 11th place
“Come On Back This Way” by Jack Ladder And The Dreamlanders, submitted by MurderWeasal. It received 35 points, including a 10!
TheLordOfAwesome

RESULTS PART 2

[+] 10th place
“The Ballad of Smoking Joe Rudeboy” by Tom Cardy, submitted by me! It received 37 points, including a 12!
[+] 9th place
“Children’s Story” by Slick Rick, submitted by Pan. It received 43 points, including a 12 and a 10!
[+] 8th place
“Another New World” by Josh Ritter, submitted by dmboogie. It received 44 points, including a 10!
[+] 7th place
“Bank Job” by Barenaked Ladies, submitted by Dancake. It received 44 points, including a 10! (tie broke by it having a 7)
TheLordOfAwesome

RESULTS PART 3

[+] 6th place
“Up the Junction” by Squeeze, submitted by get krabby, eat patties. It received 54 points, including three 10s!
[+] 5th place
“Love For Long” by Jenny Owen Youngs, submitted by Dr. Adjective. It received 60 points, including two 12s!
[+] 4th place
“hangar” by 8485, submitted by Cicada. It received 62 points, including two 10s and two 8s!
[+] 3rd place
“Drink With The Living Dead” by Ghoultown, submitted by Fiori. It received 63 points, including a 12, two 10s, and a 8!
[+] The Final Two
“Sleep in the Heat” by Pup vs. “Two Doors Down” by Dolly Parton
TheLordOfAwesome

RESULTS THE FINAL

And the winner...

Of the 117th SOTF Songcontest...

Winner of the narrative theme...

And thus the greatest storyteller on the board...

With a grand total of 74 points, including two 12s, a 10, and two 8s...

is...

[+] THE WINNER
“Two Doors Down” by Dolly Parton, submitted by our very own Jilly!!!

That makes the runner up “Sleep in the Heat” by Pup, submitted by Maraoone! It received 64 points, including a 12, a 10, and an 8!
Congratulations to our glorious winner! With that victory they may now have the honor of hosting the next contest, OR can pass it on to the runner up if they so desire!

And for those of a curious disposition, here is the chart containing the vote!

Return to “Song Contests”