Songtest #128 - Songtest of the Fittest

The Unofficial SOTF Soundtrack

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

48 hours to send in votes!
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

24 hours (and 15 minutes) to submit votes!

[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

After some deliberation, going to give y'all one more day to get your submissions in.

Consider the new deadline to be Monday 23rd October, 18:00 EST

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

23 hours to submit votes!

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Time's up

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

SONGTEST OF THE FITTEST
RESULTS

Extreme Steve Reality-portrait.jpg
Extreme Steve Reality-portrait.jpg (248.81 KiB) Viewed 655 times
FIRST ROLLS
[+] 16th
Soundtrack
Sam Tinnesz - Far From Home (The Raven)
27 points - Including one 10!

Submitted by Dogs231
[+] 15th
An ode to survivors
Paramore - Franklin
33 points - Including one 8!

Submitted by Dr Adjective
[+] 14th
End Credits
The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
36 points!

Submitted by Pancapples
[+] 13th
Post-Murder Melancholia Music
Neko Case - Furnace Room Lullaby
37 points - Including one 12, one 10 and one 8!

Submitted by Blizzard
[+] 12th
Rat King
Modest Mouse - King Rat
42 points - Including one 12!

Submitted by dmboogie
[+] 11th
Title Theme
MilkMan-Dan - Lighting A Candle
45 points - Including one 10 and two 8s!

Submitted by Deblod100

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

SECOND ROLLS
[+] 10th
Matt Moradi's death
John Maus- Hey Moon
48 points - Including one 12 and one 10!

Submitted by Slamexo
[+] 9th
Soundtrack
Kero Kero Bonito - Battle Lines
53 points - Including one 12 and one 10!

Submitted by Jilly
[+] 8h
Mood Music
The Killers - All these things that I've done
56 points - Including one 12, one 10 and one 8!

Submitted by Maraoone
[+] 7th
Soundtrack
Lacrymosa - Evanescence
63 points - Including one 12, one 10 and one 8!

Submitted by Carlisle
[+] 6th
Slow pan through an area where horrible violence has occurred, now still after it becomes a Danger Zone
Colin Newman - Alone (On Piano)
68 points - Including three 12s!

Submitted by Grand Moff Hissa
[+] 5th
Soundtrack
Sin Shake Sin - Can't Go to Hell
70 points - Including one 12, one 10 and one 8!

Submitted by TheLordOfAwesome

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

ENDGAME ROLLS

[+] 4th
V8 death montage
Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal
71 points - Including three 12s, one 10 and one 8!

Submitted by midnight_twelve

[+] 3rd
End Credits
My Chemical Romance - The Light Behind Your Eyes
73 points - Including three 10s and two 8s!

Submitted by DerArknight

[+] 2nd
V5 Theme
Muse - Survival
77 points - Including one 12, three 10s and one 8!

Submitted by Fiori

AND

The "final montage of the episode leads into the end credits" song
The Cranberries - Zombie
77 points - Including one 12, two 10s and two 8s!

Submitted by Laurels

[+] WINNER
Soundtrack
My Chemical Romance - Teenagers
81 points - Including two 12s and four 8s!

Congratulations to the winner and soul survivor of Songtest of the Fittest: Zetsu!

Google sheet with the deets

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4

Return to “Song Contests”