Laurels' slowly developing character concepts

Let's see what I come up with

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Laurels

Laurels' slowly developing character concepts

Post by Laurels »

Ok, I wasn't sure if I was gonna do V9, but the Vegas setting gave me some ideas. I only have two for now, but I'll add as more come in.

Enola Berkeley
[+] Enola
Enola is from the other side of the tracks, having grown up in poverty and an unstable home life. This has made her quite scrappy and tough as nails, specifically her sharp, well manicured nails. Enola's found some solace in dancing, having mostly taught herself from watching videos as she hasn't been able to afford formal lessons. This has helped her join the Red Rock dance team, although she is at odds with another member, Delphine Davenport, who she has gotten into scrapes and arguments with. Enola is hoping to get a dance scholarship so she can further her career and escape the trailer park.

Enola, despite her issues, is loyal to those who are kind to her and help her out. She is well-meaning but a bit selfish at times, which means she can take advantage of those she considers friends and loved ones. She is also quite impulsive and hot tempered, but is also determined and dedicated to her crafts. She finds kinship with those who are also towards the bottom rung of the social pyramid and for the less prominent dancers.

Delphine Davenport
[+] Delphine
Delphine comes from a wealthy Vegas family and has had everything given to her. She primarily has focused on her passion for dancing, which has allowed her to get the best lessons. She has also made her way into the Red Rock dance team, although this put her at odds with Enola, namely due to Delphine's classist behavior towards the lower class girl. Delphine expects the best and seeks the best.

Delphine is quite magnetic and charming as a person, although she is a bit classist and judgmental of those she finds below her. She's definitely known to be a bit of a schemer, but tends to pass her behavior off with charisma. She's definitely running with the popular kids and probably has had a few boyfriends or not.

Looking for any kinds of relationships with these two.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

こんにちは

Marcy will definitely know both Enola and Delphine, as she's a prominent member of the dance team herself. Between the two I imagine she'll probably lean more towards Delphine, at least back when she was more associated with the popular crowd than Beel's gang.
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Ginger is a sleazy rich girl who underage gambles, and hides her more questionable activities by being a good student with no disciplinary record.

Delphine might be friends with her. Enola might hate her for the same reason.
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

Enola Berkeley

Edwin is one of the rich kids that looks down on Enola, probably mocks how poor she and her family are. She'd probably be another candidate to roast him on a silver platter if the opportunity arose.

Enola would definitely hate Skyla for her perceived perfectness. Skyla feels your pain.

Keiko's an introvert, not particularly high up the social pyramid and she's relatively quiet. She might not be the keenest if Enola's really extroverted, but if she's able to tone things down, Keiko might warm up to her.

Delphine Davenport

First off, I love the name. Alliteration is always fun!

Delphine feels like someone who would suck up to Skyla, because she knows that everything she does is perfect. Skyla would see her as a nuisance.

Now Maggie is interesting because she's trying to find some sort of personality quirk that makes her stand out, so Maggie might try to hang around her, try and get pointers because Delphine is a charisma goldmine and Maggie is not. At some point, Delphine might have gone behind her back because...yeah, Maggie can be a bit overbearing with this whole personality quest thing. I also feel like Maggie and Delphine's parents might have seen each other in the past so there's some connection between the two.

...Can Murray be one of the boyfriends? I don't know why, the idea of the big dumb jock with a heart of gold and the charismatic but rough around the edges cheerleader just meshes well in my mind.

It must be a full moon day because I actually think Edwin respects what she's done in her life and...well, I guess I'll be honest, he probably would simp for her? I can't see Delphine reciprocating those feelings though, Edwin can and should have no nice things.

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”