Vegas Bay-Bay! Fiori's V9 Pregame Planning thread

4 out of 4 ready to review

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Was going to have the following be part of the initial post, but for some reason I couldn't attach another image. So fuck it, since I've already got three up may as well add the fourth.

Obviously, WIP and in need of further development/fleshing out, yadda yadda. Florida and Johnny are both fairly recent creations who could very easily undergo significant changes before their initial profiles are submitted, but figured I'd showcase my current thoughts regardless to get balls rolling early.
[+] Florida Riley
Florida Riley - The Saint

Florida Riley Copy-portrait.jpg
Florida Riley Copy-portrait.jpg (79.52 KiB) Viewed 479 times

Elevator Pitch: Friendly Mormon bookworm and science fiction enthusiast.

Background: Hello! Florida hails from a fairly typical nuclear family of Latter Day Saints, and - shockingly - isn't particularly rebellious in the slightest. In fact she's actively giddy about going on her mission once she's finished up with high school, before then pursuing her dream of becoming a bestselling author.

What kind of author you might ask? A sci-fi author of course, after her trekkie mother introduced her to the genre. She's already planning out an epic three-part space opera trilogy, just... Don't ask her why the two female leads seem awfully close and affectionate with one another, or why she has posters of Kara Thrace and Seven of Nine all over her bedroom wall.

Personality Florida is friendly and polite, if somewhat meek, and generally tries to get along with others. She isn't particularly preachy about her beliefs, as she's aware she's one of the few LDS students at Red Rock, but if given an opening is more than happy to overshare about it. She does tend to be a bit on the conservative side, though has lately begun to... Question things.

She's studious by nature, being the kind of person who actually enjoys doing homework and answering questions in class. Unsurprisingly she tends to score highly, especially in humanities subjects such as History and English, but this has also resulted in her earning a reputation as something of a teacher's pet.

Interests
  • Science Fiction: Florida loves science fiction, particularly space operas that lean on the harder side of things, with some of her favourites including Battlestar Galactica, The Expanse, Honor Harrington and - the one that started it all - Star Trek.
  • Creative Writing: Florida's an aspiring author, having dabbled in fanfics and other forms of microfiction, with aspirations of getting something published after she's completed her mission.
  • Linguistics: She's a bookworm at heart who often finds herself spending the majority of her lunchtimes in the library, with English being her best subject by far given her interest in writing, linguistics and etymology.
  • Multilingual: In preparation for her mission, Florida has been trying to learn as many languages as she can, primarily focusing on those of European origin. So far she can speak reasonably good Spanish and French, and is trying to learn Portuguese.
  • Baking: Florida loves baking. Cookies, cakes, bread, she adores creating treats in the kitchen for friends and family.
  • Charity/Volunteering: Florida is more than happy to take part in charity events and volunteer to help her local community.
Looking For
  • Fellow Mormons(?): Very unlikely, but if for whatever reason anyone else also decides to run an LDS student, she will want to be their friend.
  • Fellow bookworms: She spends most of her free time in the school library, so anyone likely to frequent that space will regularly cross paths with her.
  • Fellow sci-fi enthusiasts: Florida will gleefully discuss sci-fi with anyone who shows a similar interest in the genre, as long as they're not talking about something gauche like Star Wars or Rick and Morty.
  • Rivals: She isn't the type to actively antagonise anyone, but her religious background and meekness will likely get on some people's nerves.
  • Crushes: There are likely girls amongst her classmates whom Florida harbours affectionate feelings towards, in a wholly platonic and strictly heterosexual fashion of course.
Established Relationships
  • Nothing: Yet...
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

Florida Riley

First off, honored to have my state be a name for a character! Let's see who she winds up meeting from this Montley Crue.

Keiko isn't as dedicated to creative writing as Florida is, but I feel like they would share ideas for prompts together and be pretty chill with one another. She'd also try and pick out a soundtrack for Florida's space opera story.

Skyla is probably okay with Florida, she doesn't seem like the person who would put pressure on her to be perfect. The two might also trade tips on how to learn languages (fun fact: Skyla speaks Turkmen among other langauges).

Maggie isn't a Mormon, but she's definitely a Christian, so hopefully that will be enough for Florida to consider her a friend. Maggie would definitely be excited to learn more about her space opera series and partake in some charity stuff with her.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

JacobAllTradez wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:13 am Florida Riley

First off, honored to have my state be a name for a character! Let's see who she winds up meeting from this Montley Crue.

Keiko isn't as dedicated to creative writing as Florida is, but I feel like they would share ideas for prompts together and be pretty chill with one another. She'd also try and pick out a soundtrack for Florida's space opera story.

Skyla is probably okay with Florida, she doesn't seem like the person who would put pressure on her to be perfect. The two might also trade tips on how to learn languages (fun fact: Skyla speaks Turkmen among other langauges).

Maggie isn't a Mormon, but she's definitely a Christian, so hopefully that will be enough for Florida to consider her a friend. Maggie would definitely be excited to learn more about her space opera series and partake in some charity stuff with her.
Coolbeans, that all works with me. I imagine if there's some equivalent of a Christian Society at Red Rock that Florida would want to be involved, even if she might be seen as a bit of an outsider for being an LSD.

[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

Beau:
Beau might be friends with both Marcy and Johnny. For Marcy, Beau might've been attracted to the way she dressed herself and maybe came up to her once or twice to get fashion tips. Maybe he also got into ear piercings because of her? (<Still working on his appearance)
As for Johnny, they could be standard friends who got along somehow. I think Beau may have fallen in love with him for a while until he noticed he was already dating someone else so that died down quickly.

Storm:
Storm wouldn't exactly trust Marcey for being a part of Beelzebub's gang, seeing how Beel likes to bully Inessa.
However, Storm might be interested in Koa for his interest in fighting. Maybe he asked Koa for help to determine if Aikido could be applied against others with different fighting styles, this being wrestling.

Inessa:
Inessa can get along well with Koa and Florida. Koa and Inessa are both big fans of anime while she and Florida are fellow bookworms, although Inessa has different book preferences. As for Marcy and Johnny, she's taken pictures of them for the student yearbook but doesn't know them that well.
Magnum 0pus

Post by Magnum 0pus »

Howdy, I've been meaning to talk and give you suggestions for relations that your characters could have with my character, Claude. This is what I think would work well;

JOHNNY BENOWITZ

Since they are both on the baseball team, Johnny being relatively chill with Claude would make a lot of sense. But, because of how Johnny styles his hair, I could see my gentle giant occasionally asking Johnny for hair styling tips which is something I feel they could both share an interest in... amongst other things like sharing similar tastes in music, both having a vibe/aesthetic akin to that of the early-to-mid 20th century!

KOA TAGALOA

I can see Koa and Claude being very great friends and wrassle buddies. They are both really nice people who aren't afraid to make more friends, and the fact that Claude shows interest in wrestling to the point of occasionally wrestling with the other wrestlers of Red Rock so that he could see how good he is. Another few things that further solidifies them being friends is how they are both gentle giants... and how since Claude is an out-of-touch guy, Koa could likely explain some of the things he enjoys; for example, professional wrestling, anime, and tabletop role-playing games!

MARCY VALERIO

Despite how wildly different they both are, I can see them having a friendship dynamic where Claude is sort of along for the ride when it comes to her antics. He wouldn't really mind and would actually enjoy everything she could bring to the table when it comes to their friendship; if anything, he's also the type who is genuinely an understanding dude, so her fiery temper wouldn't be something that actually sets him off. Instead, Claude would more than likely be sort of like a therapist for her who talks to her about her anger and gives her tips on how to control it.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Oh sugar, sorry Flock, didn't realise I never got around to responding here.
FlockOfHens wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:17 pm Beau:
Beau might be friends with both Marcy and Johnny. For Marcy, Beau might've been attracted to the way she dressed herself and maybe came up to her once or twice to get fashion tips. Maybe he also got into ear piercings because of her? (<Still working on his appearance)
As for Johnny, they could be standard friends who got along somehow. I think Beau may have fallen in love with him for a while until he noticed he was already dating someone else so that died down quickly.

Storm:
Storm wouldn't exactly trust Marcey for being a part of Beelzebub's gang, seeing how Beel likes to bully Inessa.
However, Storm might be interested in Koa for his interest in fighting. Maybe he asked Koa for help to determine if Aikido could be applied against others with different fighting styles, this being wrestling.

Inessa:
Inessa can get along well with Koa and Florida. Koa and Inessa are both big fans of anime while she and Florida are fellow bookworms, although Inessa has different book preferences. As for Marcy and Johnny, she's taken pictures of them for the student yearbook but doesn't know them that well.
Beau: Potentially, though neither Marcy or Johnny are really into outdoorsy type stuff. Will reiterate that I'm still undecided on whether or not Johnny's starting out dating anyone.

Storm and Inessa: Likely on bad terms with Marcy on account of her being part of Beel's crew, yeah. Have some other thoughts on this, so might message you directly for a follow up.

All good on Koa and Florida being on good terms with Inessa.

Magnum 0pus wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:05 pm Howdy, I've been meaning to talk and give you suggestions for relations that your characters could have with my character, Claude. This is what I think would work well;

JOHNNY BENOWITZ

Since they are both on the baseball team, Johnny being relatively chill with Claude would make a lot of sense. But, because of how Johnny styles his hair, I could see my gentle giant occasionally asking Johnny for hair styling tips which is something I feel they could both share an interest in... amongst other things like sharing similar tastes in music, both having a vibe/aesthetic akin to that of the early-to-mid 20th century!

KOA TAGALOA

I can see Koa and Claude being very great friends and wrassle buddies. They are both really nice people who aren't afraid to make more friends, and the fact that Claude shows interest in wrestling to the point of occasionally wrestling with the other wrestlers of Red Rock so that he could see how good he is. Another few things that further solidifies them being friends is how they are both gentle giants... and how since Claude is an out-of-touch guy, Koa could likely explain some of the things he enjoys; for example, professional wrestling, anime, and tabletop role-playing games!

MARCY VALERIO

Despite how wildly different they both are, I can see them having a friendship dynamic where Claude is sort of along for the ride when it comes to her antics. He wouldn't really mind and would actually enjoy everything she could bring to the table when it comes to their friendship; if anything, he's also the type who is genuinely an understanding dude, so her fiery temper wouldn't be something that actually sets him off. Instead, Claude would more than likely be sort of like a therapist for her who talks to her about her anger and gives her tips on how to control it.

I can definitely see Johnny and Claude being friends, what with both of them being on the baseball team and having similar 1950's throwback schticks. Same goes for Marcy being on decent terms, given her involvement in the sports scene as part of the cheer squad.

Koa and Claude likely get along more personality wise, both being gentle giant types, and Koa would be more than happy to enthuse about his nerdier interests to anyone willing to hear them out.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”