Three children that are GONNA DIE THEY'RE GONNA DIE SHERMAN!

The Strongman, The Wannabe, and The Casanova (HA!)

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
EllisWilson

Three children that are GONNA DIE THEY'RE GONNA DIE SHERMAN!

Post by EllisWilson »

Hello, I'm just making this new thread because the first thread I made is woefully outdated to what I'm going to be doing now. I also wanted to once again thank FlockofHens for letting me adopt Londyn Mackred.

Onto the meatbags!
[+] Wade Colter

My big strong boy who has three true loves in his life: his family, horror films, and wrestling. He's lived in Vegas his whole life with his Mom, Dad, and his younger brother and sister, that's not even getting into the extended family. His life is about as close to that old 'Nuclear Family' stereotype as you can get in the modern day, and his parents are confident that he's on the fast track to success. He's not even secretly miserable about it, aside from one specific issue.
Wade is neurodivergent (Autism specifically, he got diagnosed when Aspergers was still in the DSM-5) and, while this caused some social problems when he was younger, he also received enough support that its now a non-factor. The issue is that he feels like people coddle him due to this, which he keeps to himself because he doesn't want to come off like an asshole. It weighs on him, though, and this manifests in him putting a lot more pressure on himself than is realistic.
While he's able to control his emotions well enough, losing even one wrestling match (outside of practice, I mean) is enough to make him well up with tears, which he hates but can't stop. Good thing for him that he's good at the sport.

His sore losing is generally restricted to the wrestling mat, and his attitude in the day to day is friendly, if a bit taciturn. He'll talk your ear off about his interests if you prompt him, or if he feels like you did, but he's otherwise placid. He's probably straight, but he's mistaken enough guys for chicks that it makes him wonder. He tries to avoid serious relationships, because even though high school dating worked out for his parents, his own love for wrestling will take precedent every time, and he intends to take that relationship to college and beyond, with his aspirations reaching much higher than the colligate level.

Appearance: White boy. Black hair in a crewcut. A mustache of the same color. Average height. Slightly overweight, enough to have a paunch. Otherwise in shape, with a noticeably wide back and thick neck. Will wear sunglasses even on overcast days (not inside). Likes to wear athletic clothes as much as possible, gravitating towards tank tops and sleeveless t-shirts.

Interests:
Wrestling: Back when Wade was a small sad boy (as opposed to a big strong boy), he liked the WWE a lot. So, when he saw that his middle school had a wrestling team, he joined up purely because of that. This would turn out to be a lot different than WWE, but he found an emotional release in slamming the fuck out of people that basically changed his whole way of life. Pro wrestling has a place in his heart still, but that place is much smaller than the one he holds for Wrestling.

Horror media: One of Wades cousins was moving states one time, and decided to give Wade a box of old movies that he wasn't gonna need anymore. Every single one of those movies was from the Scooby Doo franchise, which caused Wade to develop an interest in monsters that later blossomed into a love of pure horror from there. He's mainly into horror movies, but other avenues are acceptable to him. His favorite one is Hostel, and he will furiously argue with you if you don't think it's peak.

Reading/Writing: This one branches off a bit from the horror one, as he decided at some point he wanted to try his hand at writing horror instead of just consuming it. He's really bad at it, and generally avoids showing anyone what he's written. In his attempts to get better, he's paid some visits to the school library, which has turned into something he enjoys independent of his other obsessions. He's still terrible at writing, though.

Weightlifting: Wade wanted to get stronger for wrestling, so he decided to hit the gym. He likes being able to life heavy things. That's all there is to it.

Ancient history: This is the most recent one, as Wade is fascinated by how far into the past some events have happened, as well as how they impact the future. This is more of a casual interest than the other ones because I kind of just added this in on a whim.

Relationships:

Friends:

Acquaintances:

Neutral:

Dislike:

Enemies:

Girlfriend/Love Interest: Some additional context for this one: I'm open to pretty much anything here, mutual pining, one sided pining (on either side), an actual relationship between characters. This isn't strictly necessary for his character even, but, again, I'm open to basically anything here.
[+] Londyn Mackred

Adopted from FlockofHens

Red Rocks own TikToker, or at least that's what they want to be known as. If Wade is devoted to wrestling, then Londyn is obsessed with becoming an influencer. They have an account on basically every social media platform that would be available to a reasonably well-off high school student with too much free time, and Londyn does a little bit of everything on those platforms. Vlogs, gaming walkthroughs, prank videos, challenge videos, reaction content, etc etc. They have countless videos focusing on countless things, and not a single one of them has broken into triple digit views. They barely break double digits on a good day. This is because Londyn, in their haste to be famous, has been latching onto whatever trend he can find and adhering to them to the letter, without any attempt to do anything more creative or come up with a wider vision for their online presence beyond clout chasing.

Some of this is spurred on by jealousy for their older brother Lio, who is part of a successful YouTube group called Tru Colors. Londyn is largely modeling themself after whatever they're doing. Another, much more unpleasant factor in this strive for fame is Londyns mental state, which has been steadily worsening over the years due to their lack of success and how they don't have any real friendships, which has caused Londyn to cope by secretly looking down on others, excusing their lack of real friends by acting like they aren't worth the effort. Londyn is also still reeling from the death of their mother, who got cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic and with whom Londyn felt much closer to than with other people. Obviously, this has not done the kid any favors.

At school, Londyn is known for being a bit of a nuisance to people, whether its badgering known youtubers for collabs or trying to film videos in the school (no longer during class after getting in trouble a few too many times). There was also a phase two years before the senior year where Londyn was constantly pulling pranks on people, which got them suspended for doing something I still need to come up with. Londyn is also the school mascot, Ronnie the Rattlesnake, and has also been posting videos in costume on TikTok, which has actually been a lot more successful than anything else they've been doing, though not nearly to Londyn's satisfaction. Londyn intends to continue trying to become famous, and their college plans are to go into a filmmaking course.

Appearance: White, I think. Short. Has braces and a cast on their left arm after trying to take a shitty plastic sled down a flight of stairs. Brown hair. Dresses with a "VSCO aesthetic" of ripped jeans, oversized shirts, crop tops, all that jazz. Has Fox ear headphones and a fox tail keychain.

Interests

Online Trends/Challenges: Londyn follows closely with whatever new trend or challenge crops up on social media and will go about following them as much as possible for clout.

Furry Fandom: One of their brothers' collaborators is known for their furry animations, which Londyn took an interest in. Their fursona is a fox.

DIY crafts: Londyn's mother used to teach have them help her with DIY projects, and Londyn was interested in being able to make things on their own. They take a lot of pride in their skills here, and while they've used it for their internet presence as much as anything else, this is one of the things they genuinely enjoy doing outside of that.

Filming: When I say filming, I mean that Londyn likes to have recordings of just about everything they can, since they're all about broadcasting themselves. They intend to study up on new techniques in college.

Dancing: Londyn took up dance when they were still in elementary school, and they find it to be a great stress reliever.

Gaming: This one was taken up solely for internet content. They play whatever game is trending, and don't typically play in their downtime unless they have nothing else to do.

Relationships

Fans: Just because they don't get much attention online doesn't mean they don't get any.

Acquaintances:

Neutral:

Dislike:

Enemies:
[+] Alec Yves
My newest kid. Alec is more formless than the other ones, but I have the general idea. Alec is a geek at a school with an established interest in school sports culture, and he's not in the slightest bit athletic or interested in sports outside of Hockey (he doesn't play), on top of not being particularly impressive otherwise. Alec has a lot of issues with comparing himself negatively to others because of this, and copes with it through self-deprecation. Other than that, he's focused mainly on improving his art, as he wants to become a comic book writer, and on getting himself a girlfriend, as he really, really wants one.

I'll add more as I get a better grasp on this one.

Appearance: Black hair dyed red, styled into a cowlick. Mixed race (White/Japanese), pale as fuck. Average height, slightly underweight. Noticeable slouch. Dresses in graphic t shirts, usually with some kind of Marvel property on it. Otherwise dressed casually.

Interests

Comic Books: Superhero comics in particular. Alec has poured over more Avengers and X-Men comics than anyone else he knows. He likes to lose himself in the world of them and has every intention of one day making a career out of his passion.
Video Games: Stuff like Days Gone and the Batman: Arkham Series. Same reason as the above but with more beating the shit out of things.
Star Wars: Wants a lightsaber. Also, may complain about the sequel trilogy.
Hockey: HOCKEY!

Relationships:

Friends:

Acquaintances:

Neutral:

Dislike:

Enemies:

Girls that he has hit on:
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Hello! You have adolescents, I have ideas!

Wade!!
Wade has horror club in common with Mercy, but that seems about it. Not sure if there's much there, but it's worth gesturing at in case you have thoughts.
Hope's a fan of wrestling, but of pro wrestling in specific. Might be something they bond over if you're interested in them knowing each other from before high school? Otherwise, also a "not sure there's much there" kinda thing.
Heather'll know him from the gym.

Londyn!!
I could've sworn I had plans with them already... ah wait here we go.
Mercy and LK are both down as someone they've approached for collaboration in influencer stuff; Mercy wasn't down, LK generally was.
Besides those, don't think I've got much for Heather or Hope to offer.

and at last Alec!!
Sincere question, because for the sake of both of their character trajectories it seems like we don't want them to be: why aren't he and Hope dating? Is it too obvious that he wants A Girlfriend rather than actually caring about her, that they're old friends and it'd be like dating your sister, she's just not his type? Because besides that they should get along like a house on fire, other than the difference in sports interests they are nerds about pretty much all the same things.
My other girls don't have much for him, but all are available to be pined after I suppose, depending on what his type is? Heather's buff, Mercy's pretty and popular, LK's a gamer e-girl with some minor overlap in interests.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
EllisWilson

Post by EllisWilson »

Dr Adjective wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:00 pm Hello! You have adolescents, I have ideas!

Wade!!
Wade has horror club in common with Mercy, but that seems about it. Not sure if there's much there, but it's worth gesturing at in case you have thoughts.
Hope's a fan of wrestling, but of pro wrestling in specific. Might be something they bond over if you're interested in them knowing each other from before high school? Otherwise, also a "not sure there's much there" kinda thing.
Heather'll know him from the gym.

Londyn!!
I could've sworn I had plans with them already... ah wait here we go.
Mercy and LK are both down as someone they've approached for collaboration in influencer stuff; Mercy wasn't down, LK generally was.
Besides those, don't think I've got much for Heather or Hope to offer.

and at last Alec!!
Sincere question, because for the sake of both of their character trajectories it seems like we don't want them to be: why aren't he and Hope dating? Is it too obvious that he wants A Girlfriend rather than actually caring about her, that they're old friends and it'd be like dating your sister, she's just not his type? Because besides that they should get along like a house on fire, other than the difference in sports interests they are nerds about pretty much all the same things.
My other girls don't have much for him, but all are available to be pined after I suppose, depending on what his type is? Heather's buff, Mercy's pretty and popular, LK's a gamer e-girl with some minor overlap in interests.
This all looks good.

Wade knowing hope from before school seems cool, and he probably tries to be at least cordial to Heather, even though he doesn't share/care about most of the stuff she's super involved with. Launching Elon Musk into the sun is all good with him, however.

Alec and Hope. is something I see a lot of potential in. As for why they aren't dating, maybe we could combine some of the reasons you came up with? Like, Alec's known her so long it'd be like dating his sister, and he so obviously just wants any girl that it would be a turn off. On that same note, Alec's type is extremely broad, and I'm thinking he's probably leaning a bit too hard on the 'funny sleaze' personality. I'm still working stuff out with him though, so I'm pretty flexible with it.

Thanks for replying to the thread.
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Wade: Simon is a fellow horror fan, so I can see him getting along well with him. Simon would probably introduce him to the concept of liminal spaces and horror video games.

Londyn: Flick has probably seen their TikTok, as she has an account dedicated to short cooking videos. Perhaps they could have collabed at one point. Don is a game streamer, and could have collabed with them too.

Alec: Don is a fellow comic book and gamer geek. They could talk about Marvel and DC, and played video games together.
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk