SotF Board Mafia Game Thread!

IT'S HAPPENING

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Jace

Post by Jace »

Yeah so the reason I didn't vote Poly but only pointed a finger was because I knew Yugi thought it'd be funny if Poly was actually Yugi and Yugi pulled the trigger on himself, and I am a man who enjoys mildly ironic humor. I was going to vote, but the only reason I didn't was bc I knew I'd call the hammer and I wanted to bank on the chuckle I'd get (and did get) if Yugi condemned himself. He really seemed like he wanted to be the one to do it and who am I to rob him of that pleasure.

Anyways I've been suspicious of Kermit the whole game because I find his obfuscating and endless memeing a pretty solid tactic of shoving suspicion off himself, especially bc he gets away with trying to be a voice of reason when he gets serious, and I still have not seem enough memes to be convinced of his innocence, but I don't wanna commit to him just yet bc I feel very strongly about this, regardless of who the bandwagon is running a train on. FoS: Kermit

It's like the third day tho I'm not doin these bandwagon lynches anymore until I actually see a reason to go along.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

UNVOTE

i dont trust any of yall to not go crazy while im playing animal crossing
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

I'll go ahead and vote: kermit on the grounds that i agree jace except for the part where kermit gets away with being a voice of reason when he gets serious

i don't know, y'all, things feel pretty stuck
Slam

Post by Slam »

Before anyone point fingers at me for lurking which I totes have been this phase, it's because I've been very very busy procrastinating.

Will get a proper analysis up later today!
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

I just have been working a lot and drinking a lot. Easy to forget this given the circumstances tbf

Plus I don't really have much analysis to add right now
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

also I guess quote me if you want to yell at me, that'll get my attention
Slam

Post by Slam »

ANALYSIS!!!
[+] Poly Lynch
Poly Lynch:

Fen - Pats self on the back for lynching scum. This is often a bit scummy, but Fen still lynched Decoy to start with. Also pats MS on the back who is town so more town for Fen.
Dodd - AFK but no beef
MurderWeasel - EVIL! Gives Fen a pat on the back for being towny. Now we know Tobe was covering his tracks, like a dick. Also gives cred to late joiners, so maybe look at late joiners on Decoy? Also pats MS and Jace on the back. Could be smokescreening, but Jace's play pattern isn't super scummy atm. Also town reads on Dodd.
Goose - Agrees with Tobe then goes back to sleep
Fen - Speculates about night kill options blah blah
Kermit - Does more joking and leans on Fen while throwing out wishy washy speculation. It's starting to look sus.
Yugi - Postulates about scum bussing Decoy to cover. Slings hash at Fen over it. Apologises for day one badness. Then reads everyone not in the game.
MS - Also goes along with the bussing theory.
Zetsu - Finger Suspects (I'm not writing fingers) for being a liar about being smart. Not sure if srs.
Me - Makes super insightful commentary as usual
Dea - Brings up me being anti-Decoy lynch yesterday to cast doubt on my good name. Like a dick.
Me - Resoundingly deflects Dea's wild accusations
Goose - Jumps to my defence
Me - Provides some super insightful analysis that is very helpful
Boogie - Claims he joined the bandwagon to kill a lurker. Not false but an easy excuse.
MS - Also agrees with my defending and finger suspects Tobe for not posting more. Throws a vote on Dea for being disruptive. Doesn't agree with me that Yugi is sus.
Poly - Defends themself as not pushing Jace when they were the popular vote.
Yugi - Defends himself from my scrutiny. He had the same objection to the decoy lync that I did so I can't exactly fault him
MS - Questions Yugi's assertion that the name was picked out of a hat
Irina Ivanov - Casts sus on early decoy lynch joiners and side-eyes MS and Dodd.
Yugi - Digs heels in that choice of Decoy was not arbitrary
MS - rejects Irina's slanderous claim that I was inactive during the lynch but gives her town points anyway for being well considered.
Goose - Pats me on the back for analysis and suggests Jace is less suspicious than I'm implying
Dodd - Defended his not joining the wagon as feeling Decoy deserved a chance to speak up for himself. Says he has no hard reads but doubts there's two mafias (which I agree with)
MurderWeasel - Speculates about town roles. Finger Suspects Fen AND Kermit. Questions Yugi for more info. Town reads Dea. Doesn't read me as anything, like a dick.
Irina - Backs off Dodd for his defence.
Dea - Accuses MS of misremembering (and then me for asking him to elaborate) and challenges Poly's justification
Jace - Pokes his head in to agree wtih me. Very nice.
MS - Continues town reading me. Makes rude faces at Dea for disagreeing with me.
Zetsu - Hops on a Dea wagon with the suggestion that I be lynched if Dea winds up town. Really, quite suspect.
Poly - Votes Yugi for how he defended the decoy lynch. Splitting the vote. But they're dead and town, so you know.
MurderWeasel - Approves of a Dea lynch but says they don't think it's a great action. Classic scum distant pushing. Also pokes on Zetsu for being quite suspect, which to me makes Zetsu less suspect cause Tobe's a dirty liar.
Yugi - Scumreads MS and Dea, Okreads Fen and Zetsu.
MurderWeasel - Votes Poly, using justifications already presented by other people. Twirls moustache.
Kermit - Hops on the poly wagon with some more vagueposting.
Fen - Pats me on the back for analysis and then analyses more people. Votes Poly.
Me - Votes poly in a very understandable manner given the circumstances.
Dea - Is against a poly lynch. Good vibes.
Irina - Side-eyes Poly without voting Poly. Hm.
MS - Hops on the Poly wagon while side-eyeing Dea. Says he's next. THEN MS DIES??!??
Zetsu - Is against a Poly lynch but then votes for Poly. HM.
Dodd - FoS's Poly but wants a defence first.
Kermit - Continues to be annoyingly obsfucating
Jace - Casts doubt on both MS and Kermit. One of these things is not like the other.
Kermit - Gives Dea Townpoints then makes an alignment list that puts Poly at the bottom.
boogie - Stays off the poly lunch while casting doubt on it
Fen - more deep dive this post is long enough already, go look it up on page 24
Dodd - Continues asking for a defence
Poly - Gives defence. States they were scumhunting and that the idea they didn't post during Decoy lynch was false.
Slam - Says Poly was being disingenous by saying Dea was a favoured target.
Dea - Says I'm only calling him scum cause he called me scum first. Like a dick.
Poly - roleclaims
Irina - Hops on the townie wagon
Yugi - is mildly perturbed
Poly - Votes Irina for bandwagoning and points out they did the same for Decoy. It's a good point.
Dodd - Claims a town Irina flip would make her read neutral. I'd go for more scum than neutral, personally.
Zetsu - Says Poly's analysis makes sense and backs off UNTIL they see the lynch is inevitable then hops back on. ???
Jace - Claims they agree Poly is scummy. Doesn't hammer but that's cause Yugi wanted to off himself.
Nun in Disguise
Dea - Dea's playstyle actually doesn't make a lot of sense for a scum, as he isn't buddying up to anyone and thinks he can fite me. Challenging the Poly lynch is also a good town point getter, although he could've put his foot down more if he felt that strongly against it.
Fen - Haven't done anything since day one to make me give them side-eyes. Lynching decoy still gets town points, but it could still be an elaborate cover.
Yugikun - His reasoning isn't great but it's consistent and unpopular. I like consistent and unpopular.
Cactus - Staying pretty neutral on everything, but wanting to give people a chance to defend themselves rather than try to rush proceedings is pretty town.
Zetsu - Zetsu's pretty tough to read. I think they're just being inconsistent rather than necessarily manipulative, but there's people I'd rather not see lyncehd before them.
Jace - Pretty keen to provide commentary on all these bandwagons but never actually commits to anything. What gives, Jace?
Irina Ivanov - Joined both wagons super late. Doing a lot more following than leading on anything.
kermit - I'm not actually sure if Kermit is scum or not, but his obsfucating is unhelpful and disruptive. I'd like to see him out of the way.
Goose - Actually just buddying up with me at this point. Attaching yourself to the most analytical person in the game (of course) is a convenient smokescreen.
dmboogie - Not saying much of anything; deliberately stayed off the Poly lynch while still soft-pushing it.
Votes for the other Political Party

I have a feeling the last two scum (assuming a four man scum) have buddy buddied at some point in that dialogue. I would consider the Jace, Kermit, Goose interactions, along with Dodd and Irina.

I don't think Kermit is a jester because it's too perfect. But at the same time, it's very Jester playstyle. So if a vig wants to shoot Kermit tonight, that'd be swell. Either way he's just being confusing, and that's not much use to us.

Otherwise, I'd propose lynching either Boogie or Goose. I'm going to go in alphabetical order, because Boogie lurked more.

VOTE: DMBOOGIE
Slam

Post by Slam »

although i should be more respectful of goose's work/drink preoccupations. Soz. Could lynch Kermit before Goose and wouldn't be too bummed.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Alrighty, lemme flex my fingers a bit before my umpteenth meeting of the day.

So the first thing that made me really go "hmm" was this:
fenris wrote:imo town lynches are the opposite suspicion-direction of mafia ones; earlier members of the lynch train are more sus since obvs mafia knows who town is and can just sit out of a lynch so they look less suspect after a bad lynch, but its good for them to Start bad lynches. so that would be kermit, slam, and, uh, me
So this is an interesting thing, and were Fenris *not* pinging strongest town for me all game long, I'd be like "that could be a very impressive gambit" — that being said, I do agree that Kermit has been tres suspicious. On the other hand, if he is truly Chad, it's VERY POSSIBLE that he could be a Jester, rather than a miller. I'm not sure if we want to risk lynching him because of that. I would agree with Slam's call to take a shot at him in the evening if we do have a friendly vig around. Otherwise, we're probably stuck with the brain worms until the bitter end.

Gianni hasn't really contributed much, and I think we all see that, considering that he's gotten several votes on him already. I'd like to get a more in-depth defense and/or reads list from him, else I'm feeling okay jumping on the train with everyone else.

Slam's reads lists are very entertaining and informative for me, especially considering that it lays everything out in a very easy-to-follow manner. The fact that he's putting in this much effort gets some town-points from me.

Deamon's aggressive and one-line style is I think intentional - I'm wondering if maaaaybe it's a posting restriction, though I'm not sure who he's supposed to be. Of course it could always be "got the Dodd role, going to write one liners in ironic protest". With that being said, while he's been very pointed and asking a lot of questions, I think the Poly lynch coming up the way it did really scored him some town points from me.

I still get "new-ish player town" vibes from Irina and Jace, though I do find it interesting as well that Jace has only FOSed anyone and hasn't really jumped on the vote. Is there a particular reason that you haven't jumped on the lynches? While I didn't jump on the last lynch, I would have had Yugi not asked to hammer — what was your excuse? Also - for Slam, why would the Poly lynch implicate Irina rather than exonerate her? It seemed like she was pushing it with logic that appeared sound? Unless I'm reading it wrong.

boogie's also contributed... basically nothing, which earns him some scum points for me, because that's a big lurker strategy. On the other hand, there are people I'd be way more comfortable lynching or killing before him, and since Goose IS on that list, I'm wondering why Slam you'd try and point the wagon in a different direction when time is already of the essence?

I get a big shrug at Zetsu and Yugi right now; neither of them are pinging my radar either which way at the moment. Yugi's had some things which have made him look bad, some that have made him look good, and Zetsu's like, perfect neutral right now for me.

So I guesssssss this is where I'm at right now.

V1 Adam Dodd
Fen
Deamon
Slam
---
Jace
Yugi
Irina
Zetsu
---
boogie
Kermit
Goose
V3 Adam Dodd

The one caveat is that while I have pretty decent reads on the three up top, if any of them flipped mafia I wouldn't be remotely surprised because there are still things that have made me go "hrmmm".

I still think someone NKs Kermit if we decide he needs to go rather than a lynch, because I don't think I wanna risk him flipping jester and losing on that.

So Imma FoS Goose, because I want to hear some depth before I jump on this train (wait, Mara isn't playing this game). Think we can save boogie for later.

Fos: Goose
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

hello im still in bed so i can’t say much but i think post restrictions are unlikely. dunno if any of y’alls are significantly different from mine but my role pm has 0 flavor and having a posting restriction out of nowhere in that sorta game seems unlikely to me? also i think deamon is just like that
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

also i agree with the theoretical vig hit on froggle since he claimed miller so it’s impossible for any investigative role to get a bead on him anyway?
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Also fwiw I should have put Jace at the bottom of the neutral category, my bad
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

EBWOP:

V1 Adam Dodd
Fen
Deamon
Slam
---
Yugi
Irina
Zetsu
Jace
---
boogie
Kermit
Goose
V3 Adam Dodd
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Gianni hasn't really contributed much, and I think we all see that, considering that he's gotten several votes on him already. I'd like to get a more in-depth defense and/or reads list from him, else I'm feeling okay jumping on the train with everyone else.
See, I've always sorta sucked with producing reads lists, especially when it's a game that I've sorta broken away from for a bit, so yeah. As the main issue is my relative lack of activity and engagement (which, y'know, fair, I'm not really equipped to argue against that), I will just claim and be done with it. I am Zetsu, vanilla townie.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

vote: dmboogie
Cactus wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:58 pmboogie's also contributed... basically nothing, which earns him some scum points for me, because that's a big lurker strategy. On the other hand, there are people I'd be way more comfortable lynching or killing before him, and since Goose IS on that list, I'm wondering why Slam you'd try and point the wagon in a different direction when time is already of the essence?
don’t trust this, don’t like it. dodd and boogie have both soft-pushed people then backed off and let the tides take them.

irina might also be scum to

if i’m wrong idgaf
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD

Return to “Mafia”