SotF Board Mafia Game Thread!

IT'S HAPPENING

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

j
Jace

Post by Jace »

I and my continued 40 hour work week thank you for the extension. Will post thoughts at home
Slam

Post by Slam »

I'm going to present a few more points in favour of a Boogie lynch. I hope you'll all make use of them.

Boogie DistantPushes Poly While Washing Hands
dmboogie wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:06 pm something feels weird about this poly lunch, like if he doesn’t log on to defend himself soon we might as well policy lunch, but an alarming amount of people seem to be hopping on due to 1. following toben’s logic 2. wanting there to be any lunch tonight
Here boogie claims to be against the poly lynch but does basically nothing to stop it while stating he'd go along with it if poly doesn't say anything, but calls out people for wanting a lynch just for the sake of a lynch. This is hypocritical.

Boogie Investigation
dmboogie wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:46 pm rereading kermit's posts on poly: huge thinking emoji from me
frog wrote: yooooooooooooo yall hipsters try every day to further the whackness quotient on this site but yeah i've been generally kinda ?????? @ the deamon and yugi wagons BUT i'll stan toben because poly's been kinda giving me a gut feeling all game i dunno i smoke so much weed im building up a physical resistance to it Vote: Poly

poly's at 6/8 i believe so let's hold off on the votes until he responds (for now..... if it's getting close to deadline and he hasnt responded kill him to death)

lmao i look really bad right now dont i

and by the time poly defended himself i was kinda like ehhhhh on the whole thing but I also wanted blood / was too apathetic to unvote
Now I'm trying to piece together what's the thinking emoji cause there. Is it because Kermit was apathetic about a Poly lynch? Because there's a bit of a pot calling a kettle black there. Do also keep in mind that boogie had no problem quoting all of this in its own context.

Boogie's Day 2 Approach to Voting:
dmboogie wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:31 pm we still have a bit less than 48 hours in this phase so theres no rush but im fine with starting the process of pressure cooking voting the goose

VOTE: GENERAL GOOSE
dmboogie wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:05 pm
Deamon wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:29 pm if i’m wrong idgaf
wow how did i not notice this earlier this is textbook anti-town play

VOTE: DEAMON
dmboogie wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:38 pm
dmboogie wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:37 pm Polybius: 8 (MW, Kermit, Fenris, Slam, MS, Zetsu, Irina Ivanov, Yugi)

Decoy: 10 (Zetsu, MeS, Cactus, Paige, Fen, dmboogie, Polybius, Jace, Goose, Irina)
deamon hasn't been on either lunch

kermit voted for poly early and didn't vote for decoy
dmboogie wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:46 pm easy to say you felt ehh in hindsight while having no evidence in your actual posts that you felt anything other than bloodlust

UNVOTE: DEAMON
VOTE: KERMIT
Does anyone else find it a bit strange how much boogie is pointing fingers elsewhere, compared to the previous days, when the spotlight is on him?

Boogie Speculates about NKs and ScumComp
dmboogie wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 pm that's two nights with only one NK so I think it's safe to say we don't have a serial killer

with 16 players that means a scum team of almost certainly 4
I find this post extremely interesting. There was blatantly two NK's on night two, but boogie never corrects himself. Some tunnel vision going on, perhaps?

Boogie Posts Four Times in Two Minutes

When people post this fast to defend themselves it reads to me as a panic response. The fact that he's trying to put suspicion on two other people here is very much his defensive tactic. The suggestion that Dea and I are a scum team is also a bit odd considering how Dea and I got along on Day One.

Boogie defends his Decoy and Poly actions
dmboogie wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:23 pm
Slam wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:18 pm On rereading, yeah you weren't really soft-pushing the Poly lynch. Apologies, I must've gotten wires crossed during all that analysis.

But you've still been pretty lurk happy up ride the waves until now, and that's a paddlin'.
I have the second most posts in the game. I'm not lurking.

i mean sure you can call me a white noise poster if you want but words have meaning yknow

i was early on the decoy lunch and didn't execute poly; those aren't smoking guns but there's gotta be a better target than me man
If you reread boogie's post, his claim to not be a lurker doesn't really hold up. Yes, he has the second highest post count, but that only started exploding today after knives started pointing out in his direction. Have a look at his earlier posts, there's mostly just meme posting and a small handful of posts about the decoy and poly lynch that are more just going along with it than contributing a great deal.

Similarly, his defence regarding the decoy lynch and poly lynch might hold water in isolation, but not in context of the rest of his play. It's also a continued case of him trying to redirect.

Boogie Defends Diverting
dmboogie wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:40 pm
Kermit wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:34 pm -deamon puts pressure on boogie. Boogie posts a million times and tries to divert the spotlight to me kermit (hello). Bad look.
of course i'm trying to divert the spotlight. i'm town, and i know that me being lunched will hurt town, and thus i need to avoid this. the best way to avoid being lunched is to give people an actual reason to vote for someone else. this is townplay 101
This is also reading more as self-preservation than a proper interest in scum hunting to me.

In short,
Boogie's behavioiur reads a lot more as looking out for his own neck and trying to get people to look anywhere else they can, than an interest in trying to put some good solid foundations on other suspects. Combine with the knee-jerky nature of his day two posting, I'm still quite comfortable lynching him.
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

1. it is only natural to post more when there is a fire under your ass

dmboogie wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:40 pm of course i'm trying to divert the spotlight. i'm town, and i know that me being lunched will hurt town, and thus i need to avoid this. the best way to avoid being lunched is to give people an actual reason to vote for someone else. this is townplay 101
MK Kilmarnock wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:55 pm Wake up everybody all the staff are online!

Everybody clamors out of bed and squints at their desktop/laptop/phone screens. Let's be real, the mobile users don't even get out of bed. Point is, they all squint at their electronic screens to see what nefarious actions staff has taken over the night.

You all notice one of you has not logged on.

Staff notices the same.

Dead:
MethodicalSlacker - Shiola, the paranoid gun owner
Murderweasel - Emprexx Plush, staff workhorse (mafia goon)

My my, that's productive, isn't it? I believe that knocks us down to 11 living players, which means we start day 3 with 6 needed to lynch. Day 3 will run for the usual 72 hours, starting now and ending March 21st, 3:00 PM PST
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

ebwop: a fire under my ass. maybe theres also a fire under your ass, i dont know, i dont judge

but anyways that's a lot of words to cover things that i already addressed, and one thing that was blatantly wrong
Slam

Post by Slam »

Alright, I'll concede the NK mistake. My bad.

Doesn't change everything else. Point a finger at someone with a justification better than they're pointing a finger at you.

I'm also not going to not write things. How you expect anyone to do any digging in this game without writing stuff out is not very clear to me, I'm afraid.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

i am, which is why I am currently voting for Kermit and not for you
Slam

Post by Slam »

Would you be so kind as to spell out what's suspicious about Kermit for a simple minded bloke like myself then?

Otherwise we're going to run out of time for a lynch today, so peeps should probs post already.
Jace

Post by Jace »

I've made my feelings about Kermit clear for a while. I know I don't know him and his style as well as you guys do but I am having a heavy suspicion towards him, for the reasons I've previously laid out, and the ones compounded by everyone else that has agreed and voted.

And the day is very nearly over, and I have nothing more to add, so looks like it's frog legz for lunch tonight boiz.

Also I'm glad my newbie town vibes are dying down little by little enough that anyone is actually remotely suspicious of me but I promise I just have no idea what I'm doing. That is all it is.

Vote: Kermit

Which I believe means one more for lynch?
Slam

Post by Slam »

I believe that's one hour left in the phase. Doesn't really leave us any time for extra discourse, but given that I've already expressed willingness to see Kermit dead, I guess I'll have to follow through. Still don't trust Boogie and I haven't changed my mind, but I'll take a suspicious lynch rather than my best lynch over no lynch at all.

Will vote before the deadline hits, but I don't want anyone saying I cut off conversation suddenly.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Kay that's close enough.

UNVOTE
VOTE: KERMIT

Jace

Post by Jace »

Can't wait to see if the first hunch I've ever hard in Mafia is right or wrong
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

A lunch hunch. Or a lynch hinch.

I don't know. My brain ain't working properly right now.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Jace

Post by Jace »

I'm very confident at this moment in my launch haunch.
Jace

Post by Jace »

That means the hammer of judgement gets brought down on the frog now right? Can we get a vote count in the hizzouse

Return to “Mafia”