XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Hmmm.

@Slam

Who do you see as scummy? That's almost all townreads and nullreads.

When did you start thinking Jace was town?
Slam

Post by Slam »

At this point, I have no strong scumreads.

I started thinking Jace was town yesterday when he claimed town, because claiming VT in a hurry like that doesn't strike me as a newScum move. I feel newScum are more prone to being overly cautious than under-cautious.

But I still don't think he's worth keeping around because of how much conversation has wound up revolving around him.
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Who else should we be talking about?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Slam

Post by Slam »

Like I said, I have no strong scumreads at the moment. I vote for Jace to wrap up the saga so we can move on with the deducing.
Latin For Dragula

What's your game plan for deducing? What not-Jace activity do you want to see? Even more basic than reads, what activity will allow you to generate reads you're willing to commit votes or defenses to?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

...you've been pushing Jace since yesterday, and you thought he was a townie this whole time?
Slam wrote:Zetsu, Paige, and Yugi would be my primary candidates, with Tobe and boogie as secondaries.
Okay, so what does Jace flipping town say about each of these people?

What does Jace flipping scum say about each of these people?

If you want to play some of these reads close to the hand to avoid tipping off scum, that's cool btw. Just share the stuff that wouldn't tip off scum.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

ebwop: close to the chest, as it were
Slam

Post by Slam »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:33 pm What's your game plan for deducing? What not-Jace activity do you want to see? Even more basic than reads, what activity will allow you to generate reads you're willing to commit votes or defenses to?
Sorry, do you expect some kind of super effective strategy to be laid out here? My plan is to get this cascade of posts to slow down a bit so people who don't have the energy to go through two dozen posts can actually try to get something out of it.
...you've been pushing Jace since yesterday, and you thought he was a townie this whole time?
Yes, for the reasons I've been stating this whole time. Go look through my posts if you need a reminder.
Okay, so what does Jace flipping town say about each of these people?
These are the people who have actually been involved in the discussion which has centered around Yugi and Jace being scumbuddies. Revealing the alignment of Jace will invalidate that theory or make it plausible, which will give more perspective on the people involved. I'm not listing how it effects each of them individually because that would require rereading to get an exact perspective on how they've been involved.
If you want to play some of these reads close to the hand to avoid tipping off scum, that's cool btw. Just share the stuff that wouldn't tip off scum.
I'm not afraid of tipping off the scum. If you look at last game, you'll see I'm perfectly happy to state opinions when I'm confident in them.
Slam

Post by Slam »

two dozen pages fuck did it twice.
Latin For Dragula

Cool good to know slam's probably scum
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Slam

Post by Slam »

Yup that's well explained.
Latin For Dragula

I'm torn because by set up, Jace and Yugi seem like scumbuddies to me. The multi-trooper claim just does not scan, but it's possible. I really don't think Jace is scum by play, and I don't think Yugi is scum if he's town.

Slam and Irina on the other hand are doing classic fence sitting where they commit to nothing and begrudgingly join lunches For The Greater Good while putting forward no alternatives. When you are repeatedly willing to lunch town that you believe are town members from the start for policy, you're suspect. That's the move of scum or easily led town. On Slam I lean scum; like he just said in speculating that Jace is town while still trying to kill him, scum play cautious. He's playing extremely cautious even compared to last game. Discourse won't slow down and his activity is on par with last game; so why play so noncommital?

Unvote

The Jace lynch is a trap. All the fence sitters need more pressure but these two in particular are bad news
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Latin For Dragula

I encourage everybody to read Slam's search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&t=69 ... d=69&ch=-1 from last game. He had hardcore lunch analysis by day 2. Despite already having more posts than he had that entire game he's committed to way less; we wanna talk about noise, his whole ISO this game is noise by comparison.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Latin For Dragula

Lmao fucked up the link from phone but it's slam's iso from last game
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

It's time for another vote count. Your timer can be found here

Here is the current vote count, 7 required to lynch:
Jace: 4 (Zetsu, Slam, Blizz, Irina)
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD

Return to “Mafia”