JEMA Anime Club Discord

Exactly what the title says! Open to all who are members of the Anime Club

A new experimental space for V8 pregame! This forum is for public bulletin boards, social media posts, and other miscellaneous character interactions which may not exactly line up with the time during which pregame takes place. Threads in this forum do not count against the "1 current thread/1 memory thread" limit, as characters can post in various online spaces, hang up fliers, and do other such things in here without necessarily having a set scene. Please consult the rules and guidelines pinned in this section for further information before posting.
KamiKaze

JEMA Anime Club Discord

Post by KamiKaze »

#announcements wrote: Ash(lee) Ketchum Today at 3:36 pm
Hey @everyone! Ashlee here! Thank you so much for voting for me as your club president this year. I am honored and will do everything in my power to make this year fun. I’ve noticed that a lot of us are on edge due to having our first in-person meeting in a long time. I understand that many people are uncertain about the transition to in-person. So, next meeting I have planned a series of icebreaker activities to help ease any tension. Also, a few more updates:

* The rules have been updated! Please read #rules to familiarize yourself with them. They're not too much different from last year, just a bit of tweaking. I would love feedback on this, so please let me know if you have thoughts!
* I’m currently in the process of prodding faculty about flyers. It should probably be fine for us to place stuff on bulletins as long as we get permission, which I’m getting! If you have any ideas for flyer designs, feel free to offer suggestions!

If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ping or DM me!

#rules wrote: Ash(lee) Ketchum Today at 3:20
* Follow all school and Discord rules. Simple.

* Please be respectful!
- No bigotry (racism, sexism, homo/transphobia, etc). If you don’t think you’re being nasty and someone tells you off, stop it anyways.
- Do not harass other members. Do not bully, bait, insult or otherwise bother people. Please keep all language and behavior polite.
- Do not gatekeep. We’re aware that people have different tastes and entry points into anime, Japanese media, gaming, etc. Discussion of Western media clearly influenced by anime (ex. RWBY, Neo Yokio, etc.) is allowed, as is watching dubs/subs. Do not insult members based on their tastes in shows, movies, games, etc. Discourse is fine, as long as it’s not inflammatory in nature.
-If someone posts artwork, cosplay, or other projects, please keep all criticism constructive! If it sucks, explain why it sucks so the person can improve!

* Please keep all discussions and images PG-13. Do not post hentai or explicit gore in any shape or form. If it's the sort of thing you don't want to have a teacher see over your shoulder, it shouldn't be here.

* Don’t spam. Keep all convos on-topic and productive

* Please use spoiler tags when talking about recent media! Generally, if the media is ongoing (ex. an anime airing this season) and/or released this year, hide major plot points behind spoilers. Name the work you’re spoiling outside of the tag, so people don’t click on it without thinking! Ideally, conversations about recent stuff should go into #recent-media, too.

* Piracy! It’s a crime! We’re aware that there are many ways of finding pirated anime, games, movies, etc. We also don’t want to cause issues. Please do not link to torrenting sites or give advice on how to pirate.

* Failure to follow these rules can be possible grounds for banning from this Discord, the club, or both. We may also report incidents to school faculty depending on the circumstances. No one wants to see members kicked out or facing official consequences from McArthur. So keep things cool!

* We may update these rules at any time. You’ll see an announcement if/when we do

* Have fun! This Discord should be as awesome as its members, so make yourself at home!

*Any questions, please ping or DM @Ash(lee) Ketchum or the @Club Admin role!

A list of the channels and their explanation:
#announcements: Anything that needs to be announced to the group at large will be here.
#rules: You are here!
#general: General club chat. Talk about club activities, events, etc. here!
#suggestions: Any feedback you have about the club and/or this Discord!
#recommendations: Ask for ideas on what to watch/play, or give suggestions for others!
#recent-media: This is the place for ongoing, just finished, or upcoming works! Keep in mind the spoiler policy.
#anime: Share something you’ve been watching!
#movies: Just finished a film? Talk about it in this channel!
#gaming: Chat about games, either it’s mobile games like Pokemon Go, something you’ve just beaten, or just a game you found cool!
#web-media: Vtubers, YouTubers, streamers, and more galore!
#artwork: Got a cool picture you drew? Post it here!
#cosplay-and-costume-making: We love cosplay! Post pictures of WIP and completed costumes, as well as ask for advice.
#memes: Post funny memes here!
#off-topic: Want to talk about an unrelated event on campus, or vent about homework, or just chat? This is the place.

We may add more if needed.

Thank you for making this club so cool!

RC~

Post by RC~ »

Q wrote:Isekai suck
Reading Guide
[+] Personal Progress
V1: 100%
V2: 100%
V3: Der Metzgermeister
V4: 2%?
V5: 70%?
V6: 90%?
V7: The Sky is Falling
V8: 0%
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

🧀(Cedar) in #general wrote:congrats on the win Ashlee!
let me know if you need anything from me for fliers @Ash(lee) Ketchum i was thinking we should redesign the club chibi so the freshman have something cool and new to work with
i can PM you the sketches i already got floating around
🧀(Cedar) in #anime wrote:yeah i'll admit i've never been impressed by the genre
re.zero manages to have enough meatiness to be kind of intriguing to follow along with but i dropped all non-meme isekai forever ago
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Momo in #general wrote:
Congratulations Ashlee! 👏👏👏
Momo in #anime wrote:
Has anyone watched Komi-san Can’t Communicate?
Momo in #artwork posted:
A picture of Momo the pink bunny, drawn in a cute, chibi art style, winking and giving a peace sign.
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

#general wrote: Ash(lee) Ketchum Today at 3:47
Thank you, thank you. ^^
@🧀(Cedar) I think our chibi mascot might need a little makeover, yes! I'd be happy to go over the redesign sketches with you!
#anime wrote: Ash(lee) Ketchum Today at 3:49
@Momo I haven't seen/read it yet, but it's one of my must-watches this season! The concept sounds really wholesome and adorable. ^^
About isekai: the issue I have with it is how samey it is nowadays. A lot of it has been 'average guy meant to represent the viewer goes to fantasy world, gets amazing powers, gets a harem, obvious wish-fulfillment.'
And it uses video game logic for whatever reason???
Even when it isn't supposed to be an SAO setup.
#artwork wrote: Ash(lee) Ketchum Today at 3:50
Awww. She's adorable.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

#anime wrote: HimboTwunk - Today at 3:51
anyone ever watched this little anime called Naruto
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

🧀(Cedar) in #artwork Today at 3:50 wrote: Momo!😍
reminds me of your 50 follower raffle pic
you should do a side-by-side!
🧀(Cedar) in #anime Today at 3:50 wrote: definitely have komi-san on the watch list but im so damn busy atm ill catch up someday! maybe we could make it an in club watch if enough people are interested?
@HimboTwunk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d86meXzUBo
🧀(Cedar) in #cosplay-and-costume-making Today at 3:51 wrote: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/virtualyoutuber/images/3/3c/Ceres_Fauna_Concept_Illustration_by_%E9%81%A0%E5%9D%82%E3%81%82%E3%81%95%E3%81%8E.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20210822225849
the detailing on the cape's lining hnggggg
stretch goal? maybe i could pull it off in time for next year!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

#cosplay-and-costume-making wrote: Ash(lee) Ketchum Today at 3:51
Ceres Fauna. 😍
A lot of the new Hololive designs are gorgeous.
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

🧀(Cedar) in #cosplay-and-costume-making Today at 3:52 wrote: I KNOW RIGHT
hey what if we did a council cosplay??
or like however many of the council we can get people interested in anyways
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Ash(lee) Ketchum has reacted to Cedar's post in #cosplay-and-costume-making with 👍 and 🤩

#announcement wrote: Ash(lee) Ketchum Today at 7:39 am
Hey @everyone. This morning I woke up to a strange message in my DMs referencing school stuff. I don’t want to go into specifics because I feel this may have been an attempt to get attention, but it accused people of doing things in a way that was politically charged. I’ve talked to others about it and they’ve received the same message copy-and-pasted. By the look of things, this person is sending the message to JEM students. If you receive anything of this nature, do not reply. Instead, block and report! They are clearly doing this for attention, so feeding into that will not help. Thank you, and stay safe!

Return to “Message Boards, Social Media, & Other”