Summer Diamonds

Open

Off to one side of the mine away from the former entrance and the foreman's office is a small windowless building that served as the changing room for the workers, where they would start and end their day. The changing room itself features a locker room area with lockers lining the walls and benches situated in the center. Also in the center, hanging from a set of pulleys that run along the ceiling of the room, hang articles of the miners' work clothes, boots, and helmets. These discarded clothes create an uncanny atmosphere within the room, especially at night, while also serving to obscure vision as the pulley wires have started to sag with age. Also in the building is a communal shower area.
Laurels

Summer Diamonds

Post by Laurels »

((S008 Ellis Wheaton: START))

"JESUS FUCK, WHAT IS THAT?!?"

Ellis swatted at the figure he bumped into. He felt it go limp and get caught in his hand. Once he had a second, he saw he had grabbed what looked like a smelly work shirt. He threw it to the ground and then shortly after had also collapsed to his read next to his backpack and assigned bag.

"Oh god, I'm fucked. I'm so fucked," he muttered to himself.

Ellis had just woken up in the changing room and as he stood up, had gotten caught in the clothes hanging from pulleys. From the floor, he could see more clothes hanging around the area. Ellis began to laugh to himself.

"I'm gonna die. I'm really gonna die."

Ellis continued to laugh to himself and began to cry.

This really was it. After 17 miserable years of life with increasingly diminishing returns, he was going to die on some forsaken island, far from home, far from safety. It wasn't fair. He never even got to see Las Vegas, and his life was over.

And worse, it wasn't like anyone would care that he was gone. He had known that for a long time.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

((Eden Glass - Game Start))

Eden Glass was feeling groggy when she woke up and she noticed that she was in a shower room. Coolio! However, she could hear someone laughing and crying in another room. Not coolio! She knew that she should be freaking out over seeing two of their teachers murdered by terrorists, but she couldn't let herself get sad or hysterical over everything.

She noticed something that was beside her. She let out a loud gasp.

"Oh my god! I got a naginata! This is so freakin' cooool!" She yelled a bit loudly. Oops.

She hoped that other person crying wasn't thinking that she was a lunatic!

"Sorry about that...!" She called aloud and she got up to her feet, making sure to pick up her bed and her weapon. "I'm not gonna go stabby-stabby on you, I swear!"

She peeked her head out of the shower room, smiling a friendly smile.

"Hey, uh, are you okay?" She was trying to see the guy who was crying now.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"Hum, sorry to interrupt but-" There's a banging from the inside of a locker. "I'm stuck."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Oh my god! I got a naginata! This is so freakin' cooool!

Ellis stopped his rocking and crying and let out another cry. He stumbled back a bit, pushing his bags a bit.

"Who's that?!?" he shouted.

He saw a girl stick her head into view after she had apologized. It was a girl with blue hair and a smile. She was threatening to not stab him and smiling at him, but Ellis knew damn well that that could be subterfuge.

"W-what?!? Was that something you were considering?!"

Before he could get an answer, he heard some banging from a locker nearby. Someone was apparently stuck in a locker.

"Jesus, what the fuck is happening here?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Eden opened her mouth to answer, but then they were interrupted by someone who seemed to be trapped in a locker. Oh, gosh. They had to help out whoever it was.

"Hey, hey. Hold on a sec!"

She moved around Ellis to the locker to make see if she could help the person out, but she froze in front of the locker.

"Hey, who am I speaking to right now?" She asked curiously, glancing back at Ellis for a few moments with a shrug of her shoulders.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"It's-" her voice is muffled. She's hyperventilating. "I think it's locked- oh God."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Hi Locked, I'm-ohhh" Ellis said.

Why was he making a joke right now? Ellis wasn't sure himself. Maybe it's because he was still panicking a bit and it felt like a good idea to add levity. Then again, the locker stuffee was adding a bit of levity since they were apparently starring in a bad 80s comedy.

But the blue-haired girl seemed to be handling things. Ellis decided to wipe the tears away and stand up.

"Um, you got this?" he asked Eden.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Eden glanced at the locker, and she noticed that it was one of those that needed a key. Seriously? Did the terrorists really think it was funny to trap a girl in a locker like they were high school bullies or something? Dear lord, they really did have a sick sense of humour. Speaking of that, the boy - Elliot? Ethan? - No, Ellis! - Ellis was trying to make a joke and she grimaced slightly. Okay, she would have laughed at his joke if they weren't in such an insane situation.

"I don't think I can do this on my own." She turned her head to look back at Ellis and she hummed softly. "Looks like we need to find a key. Can you have a look around with me?"

She then glanced back at the locker, mulling over what to say.

"Hey, uh, locker girl, we're gonna try to find the key. Will be right back!"

And then she started to look around with a keen eye.
[+] V7
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Marian said "thank you!"

But, really, she meant to say:

"Anyways, if you think this sucks, it's okay. I think it sucks too. I'm just passing the time while locked in a locker. Did you know that the key is probably somewhere around, and I can't get to it since I'm, you know, locked inside of it? If you would be so kind, please go and get it, and I'm totally shitting my pants in there! It's cold and too warm, and my toes feel like they're turning blue. I'm really scared, okay? Can you do a favour for me? Please go find them.

“You would think keys are easy to find. They're usually gleaming and shit. You know, like, in video games? You know like in Silent Hill when there’s an important item, you just know it’s right there and you need to go get it.

“Well it’s probably the same thing here. Well, you know, if it’s locked with a key. It might be locked with something like a padlock where you’d need a combination, which, again, you should find somewhere nearby. If I had to guess, the combination has to be like something like 3531.

“I don’t know, an angel told me it was that.

“Or maybe it was a saint? I remember seeing someone tell me that. It was maybe the person who put me in there. In the locker I can hear soft scratching. I close my eyes and I feel a silhouette over me. It speaks to me. It sings to me. I close my eyes and I feel the silhouette all over me.

“It’s getting cramped in there. Me, my bag, my knife, and the hallucinations. Is it the lack of air? Is it the constriction of my blood cells? Is it because my arteries decided to pump less blood to my brain? Wait, no, is it veins? I don’t remember. Arteries are…. the thing that brings oxygenated blood to your body parts, and the veins bring back the unoxygenated blood back to your heart.

“Okiedokie, now that we got that out of the way, where were we?

“Oh yes, of course. The keys. Where are the keys? Are they even keys? I don’t think it matters, does it? Maybe this is just a shitty prank and I’m not in Survival of the Fittest. Maybe my prediction was wrong, ya’ know? I only have a 30% chance of predicting things correctly, but usually I am correct by a couple of directional inches.

“I feel like a cupid, with my arrows, posted up in the corner of a loveroom.

“I miss my iPod, I miss my cellphone, I miss my laptop. I miss listening to music. I miss the duh-duh and the ‘I’m sorry if I treated ya’ badly…… I don’t hate you, it’s just what I doooooooooo’. Ya’ feel me? I love love songs. I love when they go ‘your softness I could never forget I’m glad that I pushed ya’ away.’

“Pa-la, pa-la, ta-la-la-la

“I’m being a little anachronistic. Forgive me.”
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Ok, the girl was genuinely locked inside the locker, and the blue haired girl genuinely needed Ellis' help. Wow, someone actually needed him to help.

"Uh, okay, I guess," he said, looking around the locker room.

It was hard to see anything in this room with all the clothes hanging from the ceiling. What was the idea behind this? Were clothing lines not good enough for these people? Or was this supposed to be some giant marionette theater? Were Punch and Judy going to come out next?

Ellis grabbed both of his bags off the ground and began to walk around. There had to be a table or a key hook somewhere.

"Hey, are you sure the key isn't in the locker with you?" he shouted back to the girls as he looked around. "I know that sounds dumb, but don't rule out people being assholes like that."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Oh, you do have a good point, Ellis." Eden commented as she grabbed a nasty-looking shirt, and she threw it to the side, not caring about how gross it would be to touch. "Hey, locker girl! Can you like more your feet around to see if you can bump up against a key?"

Hopefully.

Oh, wait. She didn't check the shower room fully. But then, why would a key be in the showers?

Gosh, this really was like some kind of point-and-click adventure, huh?
[+] V7
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Locker girl moved her feet as much as she could. It was stuffed in there. She shuffled a bit. There was a small opening at the bottom, and after enough shuffling, a small key slid down onto the floor.

It glinted and it gleamed, going 'pick me!'
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Ellis continued to move around the building. There had to be an office or a check-in or something. He continued to move, unsure if he'd find a solution somewhere.

"Oh my god, I'm in a fetch quest while in a murder game," he muttered to himself, rubbing the back of his head.

He wasn't finding any luck. Why would they hide the keys to a locker room anyways?

"Hey, I can't find anything!" he shouted back to the girls. "Do you think we need to go somewhere else to find a key?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Eden was still looking around near the lockers and she hummed softly. She scratched her cheek, wondering if they would have to brute-force the locker up. She didn't know if what she had would help with that with her weapon. And she didn't have any lock=picking skills even if she tried to use her hairpin.

"Why is it so hard to find a key?" She puffed up her cheeks and she let out a whoosh of air. "I never knew that we were on the hard difficulty mode."

She heard Ellis calling out that he couldn't find a key and that he was thinking that they should look elsewhere. She didn't know if that was a good idea tho!

She glanced back towards the lockers, and she looked down at the ground, noticing a key and a smile of triumph appeared on her face.

"Ellis! The key is here! Locker girl had it in the locker with her!" She picked it up and she glanced at the locker door. "Thanks for helping us out, my girl!"

She put the key into the lock, and she turned it, opening it up and making sure to step back so the other girl could get out.
[+] V7
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Being locked in a locker was better than not being locked in a locker.

Suddenly, she had to be vulnerable outside of it, to the view of everyone like a popstar from the 00’s in a very potentially camp and vamp video clip from Kelly Clarkson. Marian was like totally not into it because normal people were not Kelly Clarkson.

Kelly Clarkson is a very strong songwriter and singer that is capable of very great vocal prowess. Which, most people are unable to compare to. Kelly Clarkson also is very great at dancing, at performing, at being an entertainer and at playing video games.

Well, Marian wasn’t sure about all of her talents, but it does not matter, because Kelly Clarkson is very talented, and Marian is not. And now Marian had to channel her Kelly Clarkson by being the focus of interest in a scene.

“Oh gosh, well,” she stepped out of the closet, and a bunch of things fell out like a bag and a knife and a windbreaker. She felt like a lootbox from Fortnite! It was a very bad day, for real. Girls shouldn’t lootboxes. Marian would never find a lootbox because, you know, she’s not going to win BKA she’s not even a killer! Anyways, she’s not in the first season of American Idol either, so you know… sorry Kelly Clarkson.

“Thank you? It’s a uh…. really nice.”

She looks back to the locker.

“Man, haha I sure hope nobody gets fired over that.”

Return to “Workers' Changing Room (DANGER ZONE)”