Mantra

Oneshot, before Eighth Announcement

The housing in the town is made up of simple two-story houses, most of these of built in the style of 70s and 80s American suburbs despite being far removed from such a setting. Many of the houses have similar layouts with some divergence: most feature a bottom floor consisting of a kitchen, dining room and living room, a second floor with a master and secondary bedroom, and a bathroom with a tub. A few of the houses have garages, but the vehicles they contained are either gone or have been rendered inoperable.

Thread Limit: 2
Laurels

Mantra

Post by Laurels »

((Letitia May continued from The Children's Crusade))

The sun was barely up, but Letitia was awake. She was in a darkened room in one of the houses in the Mining Town. She had continued to float around since leaving the church and had eventually made her way to the housing area. After a bit of sleep, she had woken up and lit a single one of the candles she took from the cellar. The old curtains would ensure no one could see the candle from outside the window.

Letitia stared at the flame. She then held the palm of her left hand over the flame.

"Nine days here. Past the halfway point," she said to herself.

"Almost done. Almost home. Opportunity and fortune await. All that I ever wanted will be mine. All that can threaten me will fall. I have supplies. I have weapons. I have confidence in myself."

She lowered her hand a bit so the edge of the flame was touching the palm of her hand. She winced a bit.

"Nothing will ever hurt me again."

She pulled her hand away. There was a small mark on the center of her palm, but not enough to be devastating in the long run.

"Nothing will hurt me today."

She blew out the candle. The announcement would be soon, and she was curious what she needed to look out for today.

((Letitia May continued elsewhere))

Return to “Housing”