Oh Shit, I Need a Relationship Thread - V8

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
jimmydalad

Oh Shit, I Need a Relationship Thread - V8

Post by jimmydalad »

We all know how this works.

Declan Jones

Clubs: Soccer, Board Gaming

Declan is a fitness freak who enjoys being healthy and being at the gym. His friendly and affable personality makes him generally popular as he mostly comes off as inoffensive. He makes an effort to be kind to others and enjoys bringing in baked treats to share with his classmates. Due to his family life, Declan has issues with conflict and his ability to deal with them. This manifests in him trying to give responses he thinks others want to hear and either trying to stop any arguments or running away. He succumbs easily to peer pressure and has had a history of watching others get bullied or joining in if he is dragged in. Due to this, Declan suffers from coming off as fake, especially if someone is predisposed to disliking him. He is working on being more honest with his feelings to others, but he wants to be liked by everyone and he is only really opening up to his close friends.

Looking For:

Friends - Declan is pretty popular due to the mixture of his personality and baking skills. His people-pleasing tendencies tend to cause others to feel a bit distant from him. I'm really looking for close friends, those who share hobbies of fitness, soccer or board gaming with him that can weather past his brown-nosing and encourage him to be honest with his feelings and opinions.
Enemies - Declan has a bad history when it comes to bullying and not doing anything about it. His compulsion to tell people what he thinks they want to hear causes him to come off as fake. While he is mostly inoffensive, I can imagine people being tired of his attitude and be mad at him for doing nothing when he had the power to do so.
Ex-Lovers - Due to his attractiveness and friendliness, Declan has been in a few relationships. Pretty much all of them suffer from him going out of his way to please his partner while not being able to open up to them. He gives off the impression that he doesn't trust his partner due to him bottling his thoughts and trying to quash any argument before it could happen. He's not really looking for a relationship, so mostly looking for people Declan may have dated in the past.
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: http://sotfmini.com/SurvivalOfTheFittes ... 6632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Version 8
Relationship Thread - Link

Declan Jones - Profile
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Declan sounding uncomfortably similar to how I used to be when I was younger aside... hey! Ideas!

Evie's also a sort of overly-agreeable social-chameleon sort most of the time, and would probably get along well with Declan's chill energy? They've also got the whole sports/fitness thing in common, and though she's more of a video game gamer she'd probably be happy to join him on the tabletop too. Maybe Tabletop Simulator during quarantine, even? As for the deeper friendship pitch, could be a thing for the two of them but also there could be better fits for that, I dunno.

Beth could be an ex-, current-, or future-girlfriend potentially (...if I ever write her profile)? If he's willing to put up with her, she'd probably be happy with him as arm-candy (but realistically probably wouldn't really respect him much either... probably a pretty toxic relationship honestly)
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

I can see Dominiqua getting along with Declan for the most part. She’s a fitness enthusiast, so they might run into each other at the gym. She’ll appreciate his friendly attitude, though she could suspect him of brown nosing, and might think he’s not being genuine.
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk