Finch's Pregame Planning Thread! What Could Go Wrong!

in which i pretend to know what im doing

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
f1nch3z

Finch's Pregame Planning Thread! What Could Go Wrong!

Post by f1nch3z »

[+] Mihai Dabija
(IMAGE PENDING)
Summary: A pressure-ridden Romanian immigrant who copes with his issues through a shield of aggression. He's rather confrontational, somewhat ironically, as a form of self defense. He's allegedly sweet at heart, but you'll have to pry through the harsh ideals imposed upon him by his parents. Irrationally afraid of being perceived as weak.
Looks: 6'1, with a relatively athletic build. Curly, short black hair. Olive eyes. Tanned skin. Rectangle face.
Hobbies:
Shooting - a rifle shooter, on the team. It's almost funny how stereotypical it is for him, but he enjoys it.
Football - he'll kill you if you call it soccer, by the way. Funnily enough, he doesn't play on the school's team, but he does practice on his own and is an avid watcher of it on TV.
Animal handling - huge soft spot for animals. Even in front of others, he'll let his guard down if he sees an animal worthy of doing so for.

Looking for:
  • Friends - I think he could probably have some
  • Rivals - because what's life without a competition?
    • Olivier Hawk - "He's talented, I suppose. Not as talented as me, but I can respect good work when I see it. Archery is inferior, but, well... he makes it work."
  • Acquaintances - maybe friends, maybe not. it's situational
  • Dislikes - probably not uncommon
    • Londyn Mackred - "I'm gonna get him one day, I swear..."
  • Enemies - bad bad territory he does not like you
    • Marie Tudor - "Pretentious and annoying. It would take a pretty good headshot to get me to bow down to her."
[+] Adrienne Tsai
(IMAGE PENDING)
Summary: A melancholic dreamer and the daughter of two Taiwanese refugees. Her mother is overbearing and sets high expectations, and she only wishes to be her own person, although she is too afraid to go full-on rebellious. She's entertaining when she's not trying to uphold her image. She's lost her faith in the pleasures of life, but hopes to someday regain it.
Looks: 5'11 and slightly underweighy. Platinum bleached hair in a wolf cut. Black eyes. Light skin. Heart shaped face. She also has a hidden tattoo, from an impulsive rebellious act.
Hobbies:
Piano/music - her parents set her up for piano lessons when she was young, and it's stuck with her ever since. She has an affinity for non-classical music too, most notably grunge, and she's a huge supporter of local student bands.
Volleyball - a setter on the girl's volleyball team. This time, her parents gave her a choice of what sport she wanted to play, and she's grown to like it.
TTRPG - her own guilty pleasure. She's a bit of a dork deep down, and this satisfies her need for a truly creative outlet.
Woodworking - another creative outlet. She likes to work hands on with things, and woodworking has proven to not only be an activity she enjoys doing, but one that's had practical use before.

Looking for:
  • Friends - her life support to be honest
    • Jason Chase - "His confidence can be... overwhelming, but I respect it. He's a fun person and he takes the spotlight off of me."
  • Rivals - no hard feelings
  • Acquaintances - she tolerates you, but she will not open up
    • Wade Colter - "He's nice. We don't really talk that often but when we do it's fine."
    • Lucy Wu - "Awesome partner, but we're both a bit shy. I want to be more outgoing with her, but I'm afraid she'll find me annoying."
  • Dislikes - nothing personal, some people are a bit much
  • Enemies - oh great you pissed her off
[+] Lawrence Willoughby
AKA "Law"
(IMAGE PENDING)
Summary: Vegas' own self-proclaimed adventurer who will not settle for stasis. Restless and reckless, he is a bit much to handle sometimes. As impulsive as he is, he is a cheerful person and usually has the best interest of everyone in mind. He's also oddly resourceful, due to his affinity for exploration. He's also the number one fan of practically every school sport, although he doesn't take part in any of them. A+ for spirit, though.
Looks: 5'9, with an average build. Often messy dark blond hair, as if he's constantly just getting out of bed. Grey eyes. Light skin. Square face.
Hobbies:
Exploring - if it hasn't been obvious now, he's constantly itching for something new. He's gotten lost countless times, but again, he's oddly resourceful. He's a huge Survivor fan and plans to apply for the show when he turns 18, literally prioritizing it over university.
Hiking - in a similar vein to exploring, he likes to get deep into nature. Not only does it satiate his restlessness, he enjoys the general feel of the outside world.
Cycling - he likes to cycle, what more can I say?
Firework handling - is this a hobby? Now it is. His father runs a not-so-legal firework shop and has never cared enough not to let him play with fire. He's very fond of using fireworks.

Looking for:
  • Friends - aggressively friendly
    • Londyn Mackred - "How cool is it that I get to talk to someone who's so famous?"
    • Olivier Hawk - "We're such good friends, trust. He's so cool, I'm glad he likes me."
  • Acquaintances - he still probably likes you
    • Simon Smith - "We have different ideas of exploration, but he's a good hiking partner."
    • Lily Kemp - "Cool as hell. She could probably beat me up."
  • Dislikes - probably not commonplace
  • Enemies - he can get annoying so this isn't too unfair
[+] V9 plans
Mihai Dabija - The Combatant
Adrienne Tsai - The Idyllist
Lawrence "Law" Willoughby - The Adventurer
EllisWilson

Post by EllisWilson »

Mihai
Wade avoids aggressive people uniformly, so they’re going to barely be acquaintances at best.

Londyn has probably done tried to film one of his ‘prank’ videos on him because they figured theywould get a response. I figure the response was more than they bargained for.

Adrienne

I’ve got nothing for Wade.

Londyn is the school mascot, so maybe they’ve interacted in that regard. I’m not sure how it would go though.

Law

Wade could be friends or acquaintances. He’s not much into the adventure life style but isn’t going to be unfriendly with someone who is.

Depending on how known his dads business is, Londyn has probably tried to mooch/buy fireworks off him. Failing that, they may have tried to rope him into some kind of urban exploration video.
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

Lily Kemp:

Mihai: While she can understand having a strange relationship with violence, and has a bit of respect for those in physical sports. She hates those who "Start the fire but can't take the heat." She's not antagonistic, but she makes no effort to hide her distaste. Ignore him in the halls, and keep pushing

Adrienne: Nothing about her really catches Lily's eye, besides playing volleyball. Is civil and nice, but it begins and ends there.

Lawrence: He reminds her of her brother. Lily wouldn't call him a friend, but if a situation occurred Lily would be the first to step in on his behalf.
f1nch3z

Post by f1nch3z »

EllisWilson wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:02 am
I agree, Mihai and Wade would probably avoid each other at best. As for Londyn, I think the idea of Mihai holding this huge grudge on him for a small prank is pretty funny, especially if he isn't actually intimidated by Mihai and takes his threats as empty.

Adrienne could possibly bond with Wade over his interest in writing, as she used to write for fun and has entered a couple competitions. Although she's since grown past it in favour of other hobbies, I think if they had some sort of creative writing or even English class in the past and ended up talking they could be anywhere from acquaintances to friends. She'd additionally be happy to proofread his stuff if he wanted, considering her eye for more analytical features. On the other hand, I don't think she'd interact pretty much at all with Londyn, staying fairly neutral and finding him at most slightly annoying.

I think acquaintances works for Law and Wade. They don't have a reason to hate each other but they don't have a reason to be very close either. With Londyn, I think at the very least a one-sided friendship could be possible, as he seems like the type of person who would be a fan of their content. He'd also be ecstatic to show them how to set off fireworks without blowing himself up, and potentially snag some from his dad to give to him for free, depending on how close they are.
[+] V9 plans
f1nch3z

Post by f1nch3z »

NoLife wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:59 am
I don't think the other two would have much of a reason to interact with her other than situations where required (e.g. in a group project, in which Adrienne would mostly keep to herself and Mihai would just try to get it over with so they could avoid interacting more). Lawrence would at least see Lily as an acquaintance and, while they still wouldn't talk very often, think that she's badass.
[+] V9 plans
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Simon likes to explore places to take pics of liminal spaces. Maybe Law would let him join one of his hikes.
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

Hello, you have children, let me thrust mine in their respective directions and see how they collide.

Firstly Mihai!
I see interesting potential interactions with him and Heather. They're both big, tough, have some problems with aggression. Not sure if they'd have much to interact over in pregame, necessarily, unless he's also into boxing? But the interesting part is something I've brought up before with a certain Tyson Peraday: when you say Mihai is an animal lover... does he nonetheless eat them? If yes, Heather despises him for the hypocrisy, if not, hell yeah vegan solidarity.

Not much to say regarding him and my others, besides that maybe Hope has tried to intervene in some of his aggro at some point. She's like that.

Adrienne!
Mercy and Heather are both in bands, plus Heather's solo side-project. Mercy's more receptive to fans in a more superficial level, Heather might be a gateway drug to rebellion in various forms.
Hope and LK both might be involved in TTRPGs so that's an open prospect!

And Law!
Not a lot of hobbies in common but I get the sense he could make a good friend for LK. Their energies seem aligned.
Might be a bit of sideeye coming from Heather for not channelling all that restless energy into anything she considers useful, but it's also harmless, so hardly enemies. Just negative vibes.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” ->

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
f1nch3z

Post by f1nch3z »

Dr Adjective wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:38 pm
Mihai and Heather would definitely have a complicated relationship. They have a lot in common, with what you mentioned, and the fact that they hate both Vegas and rich people. He's also not a vegan, so that's another reason for her to dislike him. I feel like in general, though, they probably wouldn't get along and the moments that they do share viewpoints it's sort of an "if they can agree on this something must be wrong with it" type of situation.

Adrienne probably wouldn't like Heather on a personal basis, even if she does like the music. With Mercy's receptiveness and overall more charismatic personality, I think she could be friends or at least acquaintances. Not only does she go to live performances, she's a big supporter of the theatre department too because of some friends involved in it, so they've probably seen each other a lot. She has the potential to be good friend with Hope and LK too, if they involve themselves in TTRPGs. She'd probably be a bit closer to Hope just due to slightly more compatible personalities, combined with the fact that she has a hard time relating with hardcore gamers as somebody who doesn't play video games at all.

Law and LK would be good friends, I agree that their energies seem to align pretty well. While he typically spends time outside, I can see him spending his indoor time at home supporting her with her streams. Nothing much to add on his relationship with Heather, but it seems about right.
[+] V9 plans
NoLife

Post by NoLife »

Forgot Taylor

Mihai: Has strange vibes, Taylor is nice and friendly but doesn't really befriend him.

Adrienne: Taylor is kind and full of energy like Jason. They also play TTRPG's so that's another connection. Taylord is under the belief that every introvert needs an extrovert, and endeavors to be that for the shy among her classmates.

Lawrence: 4th secret Olsen-Chen sibling. Taylor is something like the "voice of reason" for his adventures, even if they continue with it regardless. occasionally He can count on Taylor to join on his little expeditions.
f1nch3z

Post by f1nch3z »

NoLife wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:02 am Forgot Taylor

Mihai: Has strange vibes, Taylor is nice and friendly but doesn't really befriend him.

Adrienne: Taylor is kind and full of energy like Jason. They also play TTRPG's so that's another connection. Taylord is under the belief that every introvert needs an extrovert, and endeavors to be that for the shy among her classmates.

Lawrence: 4th secret Olsen-Chen sibling. Taylor is something like the "voice of reason" for his adventures, even if they continue with it regardless. occasionally He can count on Taylor to join on his little expeditions.
Not much I can think to add on here but these work!! :-)
[+] V9 plans
f1nch3z

Post by f1nch3z »

this girl has been marinating in my notes for a while so i finally did a brief write up. meet AJ, who is now open for relationships!!
[+] Armani Janelle Beaulieu III
AKA "A.J."
(IMAGE ALSO PENDING)
Summary: Amidst the chaos emerges a relatively normal girl. In light of her admittedly pretentious name, she's an extremely laid-back person. While she's only in a select few extracurriculars due to most not fitting her niches, she's generally a pleasant person who would probably get along with people outside of her social circle.
Looks: 5'6, with a mostly lithe build. She has a fairly masculine appearance and could be mistaken for a man at first glance. Black hair in a mullet. Thin round wire glasses. Brown hooded eyes. Warm brown skin. Square face.
Hobbies:
NASCAR - picked up an interest after watching a particularly flashy crash on TV as a young child. Her interest, obviously, has extended past that and she frequently participates in NASCAR fantasy and visits the Las Vegas Speedway practically whenever there's a race there. As she grew older, however, she became more interested in the technical aspects of the race cars than the races themselves.
Vehicle mechanics - leads in from the previous interest. She would love to work as a pit crew member, rather than an actual racer herself. She's familiarized herself with vehicles other than race cars out of pure fascination. The summer before her senior year, she interned as an aircraft mechanic.
Dance - has been in dance ever since she could remember. Much prefers hip hop to other forms of dance such as tap and ballet, and as such, is more experienced in that type. Has joined the school dance team.
Birdwatching - Around the beginning of her high school experience, her parents dragged her along for a birdwatching tour because of her father's interest in hiking. She dreaded going, under the assumption it would be boring, but found herself captivated after the experience. She grew more observant to her surroundings to listen to birds and identify them through a birdwatching app, but has since begun to learn to identify more local or distinct birds from their songs and calls alone. Occasionally, she photographs these birds, but it's mostly for fun.

Looking for:
  • Friends - forms bonds pretty easily, but especially with dance team members
  • Acquaintances - for those she doesn't talk to frequently, but has nothing against
  • Enemies - even the most laid back of people have people they hate. people who are too intense or generally don't pass her somewhat arbitrary vibe check go here
[+] V9 plans
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Oh! I just thought of something. Flick is a fan of Survivor (although she wants to apply for Hell's Kitchen), so she and Lawrence could have a bond over that.
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk