Krazy Kami's Tomato Juice Stall!!!

AKA concepts time. There's juice too. Come get your juice.

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
KamiKaze

Krazy Kami's Tomato Juice Stall!!!

Post by KamiKaze »

Copy-pasta'd from the concepts thread.

Laci York- As some of you might know, we have a friend group based around the seven deadly sins/contrasting virtues, and here is a mine based on Pride/Diligence! From a young age, she has been into pageantry, acting, and singing, and prides herself on her successes. Outwardly polite, but in actuality pretty elitist in that she is overly focused on TALENT and SUCCESS. She will pretend to be sweet and nice towards you if you're not particularly "talented", but to her, you don't matter unless you have tons of acclaim, success, and so on. By the way, because of this, she is extremely driven, to the point where she would scratch and claw her way up to the top 110% So, she's a good student and tries to come up on top in everything she does. It's likely that she has the relationship she has with the other sin kids because she's known them for years and they go way back? She's also the type to, like, express her friendship like "HEY FRIEND HAVE YOU APPLIED TO A SCHOLARSHIP FOR THAT DEGREE IN THAT THING YOU'RE GOOD AT HERE ARE SOME I FOUND BETTER APPLY OR ELSE. ):< <3"

She's still being fleshed out some, but I'm thinking she has a secret fondness for horses. Like, still has a bunch of horse plushies and toys from childhood, and possibly volunteered at a horse sanctuary to boost her cred, and only boost her cred, honest.

Cliff Notes:
* Deadly sin squad
* Into performing arts!
* prides herself on her success and is ambitious!
* Outwardly sweet and nice, but you will only matter unless 1. you're part of her friend group, or 2. you are a successful, ambitious person too.
* If you're friends with her, be prepared to be swarmed with scholarships, school ideas, job offers, etc.
* Loves horses, but shhhh.
[+] Relationships
No one's here, early bird gets the worm! ;)
Elodie Hailey- So, uh, you know the goblincore Tumblr tag? Yeah, that one? Well, imagine at least 75% of the content on it being spoken by a smol, chipper teenage girl who loves rocks, nature, hiking, and warm sweet delicious bread, and you start to get a picture. Elodie is an adventurous girl who really embodies the concept as a whole: has a hoard of shiny rocks and other small knick knacks and souvenirs, loves animals and nature, kind of upbeat if not kiddy and chaotic, and will present you with fresh homemade bread each and every time she shows up to the Natural History Club meetings. I'm still fleshing out the circumstances, but I'm thinking she also moved around a lot prior to arriving at the V8 school, which is part of the reason why she keeps a lot of rocks and small knick knacks: they're memories of the past places she's been! Additionally, she loves fantasy genre stuff, especially Tolkien-esque high fantasy, and has a few books she's going her way through.

Cliff Notes
* Goblincore-esque person!
* Has a collection of rocks, bones, knick-knacks, etc.
* Loves to bake!
* Nature-lover!
* Moved around a lot!
* Kinda fitting she's in V8, lol
[+] Relationships
Did someone say goblin?
Ashlee Donovan- Imagine your cute, popular, preppy cheerleader type. She's popular because she's socially active and generally a sweetheart. Maybe involved in various school clubs? Kind of a fashion-type, very girly and "fashion and makeup and boys!!!" Would be the type to like, get Homecoming Queen or something. You get the idea.

And also? A massive weeb.

She's not hiding it either. She tends to reference anime/manga/games in casual conversation on the regular, she has pictures and videos of herself in cosplay on social media, she's an active member of the anime club (maybe the club president? We'll see), you name it. All-in-all, pretty outspoken about her interests!

As I said, she's pretty sweet-natured, and it plays into her partly why she's popular. I'd imagine she'd be a bridge between some of the geekier students and some of the popular students, in a way? Pretty socially active and helpful, but knows when to stand her ground.

She needs some fleshing out, but I loved her concept enough that I decided to officially post her here!

Cliff notes
* Sweet popular cheerleader!
* Weeb! Loves the anime and video games.
* Also cosplays!
* Open about her being a weeb, active in anime club!
[+] Relationships
The person reading this is a weeb.
Ty Hartley: What’s this? Kami is making another popular cheerleader type in V8? Well, yes! But, note the name! That’s right, I’m filling the quota for this version. >;)

But yeah. Ty is a tall, buff girl who has dedicated her life to cheer! Very brash, very competitive, very hot-headed and impulsive. But also proud of her strength and athleticism! So she works out a lot, tries to eat meals good for athletes on a regular basis, and wants to pursue a career in athletics. Naturally, she does get irrationally angry if you tell her to her face that cheerleading “isn’t a sport.” Because it is too, loser.

Ty is typically pretty, as noted, hot-headed and impulsive, with a strong moralistic streak. This typically leads to her using her strength to essentially target bullies and other problem members of the class, whether by intimidation (the usual method) or by fighting (in case the person needs… a more firm lesson and she thinks they can take it). While her primary targets are bullies, she has a pretty huge blind spot: her friends. Basically, she’s been in a clique for years that has become increasingly more toxic as time went on. Some of said friends are the type to exploit her personality to get her to start fights with people they don’t like. Ty, in turn, is inherently a loyal and dedicated person, who would defend her friends without any question and turns a blind eye to the fact that her group could be considered bullies themselves and that her behavior contributes to the problem rather than fixes it.

On campus, she’s popular because, again, a sporty girl who’s good at being sporty! It also helps that she’s actually the type to defend weaker students from bullies-- the trade-off is the issues with her friend group, of course. Outside of her friends, she’s actually a pretty decent person as long as they aren’t involved, if a little brash. She’s also cautious about where, when, and who she starts fighting because, well, she values the acclaim and attention being good at cheerleading gets you and doesn’t want to throw it away over something stupid, after all. So nothing on campus, and not beating on people in ways she feels they can’t take (if you’re a scrawny nerd, you get a glare, some harsh words, and maybe a punch. If you’re like, the football team captain or something, time to suffer).

So yeah, the obligatory fighty Ty is a physically aggressive cheerleader this time around! : D

Cliff Notes:
* Obligatory fighty person named Ty
* Cheerleader, and fucking dedicated. Call it not a sport, I dare you.
* Popular girl! Bully-hunter, known for being a good athlete.
* Is in a friend group who she will defend despite them being jerks.
* Hot-headed and impulsive, with a strong moralistic streak.
[+] Relationships
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Laci: Not many ideas, sorry.

Elodie: Am/Erika is, I think we’ve established, a nature kid! She hikes and does taxidermy and maybe she could be one of Eri’s only friends. Isaiah’s more of a farm kid but he’s also got a nice collection of Shiny Rocks and such.

Ashlee: Not that many relationships on her part, but maybe Gabrielle wouldn’t like her very much for being both popular and “cringy.”

Ty: (: I think you know!
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

For Laci, I don't think my kids would interact with her; Matthew might know her from as a friend of a friend, but not much.

Elodie's sweet enough that Matthew would probably hesitate to make fun of her much. Alex reads from time to time, so they might bump into each other in the library once, but probably not actual friends unless she decides to pursue that.

Ashlee, being popular, would probably know Matthew, seeing as he tends to throw parties and thusly, is popular himself. He's perhaps flirted with her once or twice at his parties if she does go to them, depending on how she'd react to that. Alex might know her, but he's the weird kind of geek so she possibly might be a little dissuaded.

Ty, meanwhile, would probably have beef with Matthew, because he does tend to pick on people. Seeing as he's tall and muscular, she probably tends towards the "time to suffer" with him. He'd probably be able to put up a decent defence, but he would probably stop doing it near her after enough beatdowns.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Teddie:
- Teddie would probably want to like Laci ‘cause she looks sweet, right? But unless Laci thinks wanting to be a 3D animator is cool or that mascots are cool, she may not be very impressed.
- Teddie doesn’t really have much in common with Elodie, but her quirky style would make her seem fun to be around and he’s up for that.
- Teddie might very well crush on Ashlee due to her cuteness and perkiness. I don’t think he’s really a weeb, but he’d still like her just cause she’s a nice gal, and he likes cute.
- On the other hand Teddie might be a bit intimidated by Ty for being such a stronk lady, but he wants to be friends with everyone so he’d probably try to be friends with her. Since he’s (planned to be) the school mascot he probably has quite a bit of interacting with the cheerleaders, too.

Spuds:
- Spuds is not impressed with Laci’s elitism. Don’t be such a turd.
- Spuds would probably get along with Elodie realy well, as they both enjoy nature (though for different reasons) and Spuds would respect the hell out of Elodie confidently being herself.
- Spuds would also respect Ashlee for being herself, but they don’t really have much in common otherwise so I don’t think they’d have much to do with each other.
- I think Spuds could actually make a really good rival for Ty. They both hate bullies, but as an outsider from the cheerleaders Spuds would be pissed off that Ty is being blind to their toxicity. She would respect her as a fellow athlete, and might wish that she would stop hanging around a bunch of jerks so that they could be actual friends.
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Yona- Yeah! We talked over Am/Erika and Elodie! Both nature kids, and how Elodie would totally get some bones off her because bones are cool!!! Isaiah also seems like someone who could get along with Elodie okay, as long as he can deal with her feral cryptid energy. Bees are cool too!!!

Ashlee's generally a sweetheart and is confident enough in her dorkiness to not be too affected if Gabrielle dislikes her, but if Gabrielle is truly nasty to, say, another one of the weeb and/or cheerleader groups, she'd probably frowny face! Maybe they've had a few clashes?

Applesintime- I can see Alex and Elodie maybe running into each other at the library, yeah. Elodie would honestly kind of laugh at Matt if he tries anything in front of her; she's decent, but the type to laugh at conservativism and general jerkishness. So, it's in character for her to try counter-trolling if she sees stuff like that. (Elodie herself is left-leaning and gay, if it means anything.)

Yeah, Ashlee would probably show up to the parties! Maybe she'd flirt back some if he hit on her, but she would frowny-face at his bullying. She'd be like "nooo don't pick on the shy kids we played games together. ):"

I'm totally down with Matt being a Ty target, and perhaps odd frenemy dynamic? Like, they fight each other all the time, but Ty would probably show up to his parties, especially if the rest of her friend group is going. And yeah, as a buff dude she'd have less mercy. Ty's smart enough not to fight on campus, but there might be stories of stuff that happened at a party or something? O_O

Slam- Part of Laci's deal is that it honestly doesn't matter too much what type of talent and success you have, as long as it's something that can lead to a lasting career and you're chasing it. Are you good at sports? Great! That'll get you plenty of places career-wise and socially! Complete and utter math nerd? That's cool, math skills will get you far! Good chef, always brings the good stuff to the bake sales? Amazing, especially if you apply to culinary school. So, if Teddie is working on a 3D animation about ferrets, and doing all the steps to get a career at Pixar? You may at least have a good relationship with her.

Elodie and Teddie don't have much in common but they'd probably get along fine, I agree! She likes ferrets too.

I'm down with Teddie having a one-sided crush on Ashlee! She'd probably think of him as cool, as like, making 3D animation is cool in and of itself! And plus, he'd be in close-quarters with her and Ty due to the mascoting.

While Laci's the type to realize that going around judging people openly won't get you far, some elitism may leak out in her behavior, particularly if she thinks they are lazy or burnouts. If she figures out Spuds dislikes her, there'd probably be some quiet resentment ("what? I'm supposed to be okay with D-grade students with zero ambition? Don't be absurd").

Elodie would be cool with Spuds, though. Again, nature girls bonding over nature? Yeeees.

I'm fine with Spuds having a quiet respect for Ashlee!

Ty and Spuds have a lot in common, in that "they could be friends but they are not for Reasons". I can see a simultaneous rivalry and respect for each other, particularly if Spuds ends up doing something to piss off her friend-group. So yeah! They're ideal rivals, lol.
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Let's do this!

Laci
Medea: Good ol' pals! We already know their deal. :)
Dani: Definitely good friends I think as they are both pretty similar with their pride in their talents, they even have a shared interest in acting and singing! Could have a friendly rivalry thing going on perhaps?

Elodie
Medea: Could be friendly to one another, but maybe that's about it.
Randolph: Might know each other? Probably had a few run ins with on another while out and in the woods or something. Not sure if they'd be friends or anything, but probably at least be polite enough to one another.

Ashlee
Medea: Sweetheart social girl? Sounds like ideal friend material for Medea!
Dani: Cheerlead buddies who have their shared interests in fashion and cosplay. Dani definitely talks shop with her in regards to cosplay and probably picks her brain for anime characters that fit in with Dani's preferred choice of cosplay subjects. Dani is a casual anime watcher, so they aren't terribly out of sync when Ashlee brings up the subject, but will likely be perplexed if and when Ashlee talks about something that isn't mainstream.

Ty
Medea: Would be pretty nice to her (of course), but Medea would probably try and promote to her less aggressive methods to deal with bullies.
Dani: Cheerleading, buddies!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Yeah, Medea and Laci are buddies! And yeah, I'm totally down with a friendly rivalry thing with Dani!

I agree that Elodie would be friendly with Medea, they just wouldn't be super close. Maybe Randolph and Elodie have run into each other on hikes, though.

Ashlee would find Medea cute! Maybe they've gamed together? O:

I kind of like the idea of Medea just going all frowny-face whenever she hears about Ty's aggression. Ty, in turn, would see her as harmless, if a little naive.

And of course, Dani would be cheer buddies with Ashlee and Ty! I think she'd be closer with Ashlee, since they're both cosplayer fashion girls. I like the idea of Ashlee giving Dani recs, as well. Ty would be reasonably cool with her as a fellow cheerleader, though dunno would their dynamic would be just yet. I think it's a "toss them together and see" thing, kinda?
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

Alec
  • Laci: Alec has always been very driven in his ambitions in dancing his whole life, despite his generally chill attitude. He also probably thinks Laci pretty cool and admirable for her drive and confidence, and he's generally sweet, so I could imagine them being friends.
  • Elodie: He'd be friendly with her and think she's sweet, but they don't seem to have much in common. Although if Elodie wants him to hang out, he would be all for it with enthusiasm.
  • Ashlee: Another friendly! She's cute and sweet and friendly and Alec probably has a little crush on her. But other than that, I'd imagine they'd be good casual friends.
Ara
  • Laci: She seemed like she'll at least get along well enough with Ara. She's into the performing arts too, and strives to be the best in anything she does, from her grades to sports. However, Ara's future ambitions is more on the practical side that her parents urged her to rather than focusing on things she's passionate about, so make what you will of that.
  • Ashlee: Ara is also a very girly "fashion and makeup" type of girl, the "and boys!!!" part she just can't relate to. Thinks she's cute and great. I'd like them to be friends.
  • Ty: Okay, Ara used to be bullied herself and automatically despises assholes whose behavior reminds her of that, so she probably liked bully-hunter Ty on that respect. Not so much when she witnesses how she'll still stand with the same kind of people she calls her friends. Might call her out on it.
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Laci: Since being in cross-country would probably lead to a lasting career in Laci's eyes, at least in terms of athletics, I can see her and Brook having a good relationship and her trying to swarm him with scholarships, ideas, jobs, and so forth. Thing is, he doesn't really know what he should focus on after school so while he'll appreciate her giving input on his future, he'll find it annoying if she's persistent about it.

Also, while he won't really care about her elitism most of the time if it leaks out, he can disagree with her on some parts. ("You know not everyone is as talented and well-off as you, Laci.")

Elodie: While Elodie might know Brook due to his views of the LGBTQ+ community, I doubt that he would know about her.

Ashlee: "She's the reason I know what 'weeb' means."

She's popular, so she might know Brook. If she can tolerate his views on certain subjects and him making fun at other people's expense, I can see him liking her as a friend. Maybe she can drag him to the TV to see if she can turn him into a weeb?

Ty: "For the last time, cheerleading! Is! Not! A! Sport!"

They're both athletes and competitive, so I can see them butting heads with each other as rivals, either friendly or unfriendly. That, and Brook's the type of person to get into heated arguments with her over whether or not cheerleading is a sport. Considering some of his aforementioned views and making jokes stuff, she'll likely try to give him a beating since he's on the athletic side of the scale. If she does, though, he's going to hold one hell of a grudge. While he's really hesitant to hit women, he will fight back if she pushes enough. If she tries to fight him after the first time, he definitely won't be holding back.

They're also both the type of people to jump into the fray for their friends. If he saw one of his friends, like Matthew, getting into a fight with Ty, he'll immediately try to join in.
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Aracelis would probably know both Ashlee and Ty from being on the cheer team. With Ty I imagine they'd either be good friends or butt heads constantly I don't see any middle ground there XD

Ashlee and California could also be friends as both are in the anime club and it could be funny that despite California being dismissive of Ashlee's constantly sweet-natured attitude that they're actually friends.

Darryl would probably know Laci from theatre and may have had encounters with Ty that I'm sure went great and no issues were had.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

I have a feeling Wendy would get along with Ashlee quite well, maybe even crush on her. Wendy would admire Ashlee’s outgoing nature, as in contrast, she’s more shy and introverted. They could talk about their favorite anime, attend anime club together, and maybe introduce each other to related hobbies, with Ashlee introducing Wendy to cosplay, and Wendy introducing Ashlee to anthro art.
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Boop. We have a goblin now.

Sadly, I don't feel Laci will be in at this rate, but feel free to talk shop with my other kids!
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

barges into thread bearing teenage girls

What is up let's get it:
Laci and Bethany: Either they are the power-duo driving each other to be their best selves, or they are the bitterest of rivals for much the same reasons, I can't really imagine any middle ground here. Probably depends heavily on how she feels about Beth being kind of a total asshole with a very thin veil of civility. They have performing arts in common, too.
Laci and Evie: If it comes up, they could've bonded over animal stuff, but I don't feel like Laci would open up to Evie that much? She's not exactly lazy, but she doesn't apply herself super hard either.

Elodie and Evie: Nature stuff! Quirky! They could probably be friends if you'd like?

Ashlee and Evie: Possible gaming friends, depends on what she's into specifically I guess?

Ty and Evie: Evie's definitely nurturing a significant-sized crush here. No idea if it goes anywhere. They're both athletic but in different ways, so I dunno if they cross paths much?
Ty and Bethany: Hatred. Loathing, if you will. There's no way they haven't clashed over some backhanded shit Beth said expecting to get away with plausible deniability and Ty seeing right through it. Or some openly hostile thing she said back when she was significantly more of an asshole than she ultimately mellowed out into being in senior year.
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown made it… neither unchanged nor unscathed.
Equipped with: A single Walkie-Talkie.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December"

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”