Puella Magi Mafia Game Thread

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

There are 55 magical girls currently unique to Magia Record! This isn't counting the 20 magical girls in Magia Record sourced from Madoka Magica and other various spinoffs, and those 20 don't encompass all the magical girls from those sources; that would add up to approximately 44, making the total number of magical girls in the Puella Magi series somewhere around 100!

... You know, in case that matter is of any interest to you.
It is! Thanks, Fen-Kyubey!

(no, really. Aside from game stuff, I've been meaning to get back into Madoka fandom for a while now.)
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Polybius wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:35 pm So Methy is at L-2 now, I think. Not going to put my vote on him because I really don't see the point of quick lynching when we still have two days left. The only opposition I have to the vote is that I'm 99% sure he's not mafia and even if it's not losing much and it's just to get information I'm still hesitant to lynch someone I'm sure is not scum. If there really are no other ideas by the end then fine. Also his posts annoy me.
Can you maybe break down why you're so sure he's town? That would be useful info to have, no matter the results.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

Emprexx Plush wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:46 pm I am suspicious with my "this lynch would be very funny" reasoning and joke vote for invoking The Unspeakable Game
Eh, I'll throw the obligatory devaluing-information-and-effort-is-anti-Town-behavior objection here. It's usually either scum smokescreening by offering no content whatsoever, or Town smokescreening for scum by not engaging with the game while also contributing a lot of noise. That said, it's also par for the course in recent-era games so it's not really a read and we have more interesting stuff to discuss.

I am a little more interested in the interaction between Paige and Deamon, though, because it represents a change. What I'm seeing is 1. Deamon read as poking suspicion more in Paige's direction than anyone else so far (I sorta wanna know where the inclusion came from) and 2. that prompted a very different response from Paige than anything else in the game so far. It's also generally typical of both playstyles regardless of alignment, though. I just want to spotlight it a bit to get people thinking about/paying attention to who's talking the loudest (and, at the same time, who's on the other end of the spectrum).
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Ruggahissy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:52 pm I put us all into a random number generator and it popped out Adam so let's look at Adam I guess.

So Adam

How do you feel now that you see us all in the sober light of day?
I wish I were still out drinking and having fun. But that's probably my boredom talking. As far as the game is concerned, I'm pretty sure we're all going to end up lynching methslack just because he's been weird. I don't really know enough about day one mafia shit to make reads or anything except to note that a lot of people have been pretty quiet thusfar, and so odds are the people on the quiet end of the spectrum are probably hiding something (it's always the quiet ones, etc).

I dunno. At this point nobody's really acting excessively ooc outside of MS so I don't have a whole lot to offer. Day 2 usually gives me a bit more to chew on, anyway.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

MurderWeasel wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:01 pm
Polybius wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:35 pm So Methy is at L-2 now, I think. Not going to put my vote on him because I really don't see the point of quick lynching when we still have two days left. The only opposition I have to the vote is that I'm 99% sure he's not mafia and even if it's not losing much and it's just to get information I'm still hesitant to lynch someone I'm sure is not scum. If there really are no other ideas by the end then fine. Also his posts annoy me.
Can you maybe break down why you're so sure he's town? That would be useful info to have, no matter the results.
I really don't see how any of his behavior would benefit him if he's scum. He's basically just been drawing attention to himself and saying absolutely nothing to prevent himself from being lynched, even now. We know the jester's not in this game, so I really don't see how anything he's doing would make sense under any strategy. My only explanation is that he just doesn't care much about whether he's first to die or not, which imo makes the most sense if he's a vanilla townie.
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Also just in my own online mafia experience the one who truly comes off like they don't give a fuck is always town, though I haven't paid much attention to sotf games so that may be different here.
Grand Moff Hissa

I don't necessarily agree with the second point (the crazy one is usually town), but having the reasoning laid out makes a lot of sense and gives Poly some nice town points. Makes a lot of sense, fits his reads and play so far, and strikes me as an odd thing to fake.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

The current vote total is as follows:

MethodicalSlacker - 8 (Emprexx Plush, Jilly, dmboogie, blastinus, General Goose, Primrosette, Irina Ivanov, BlizzardeyeWonder)
dmboogie - 2 (Polybius, MethodicalSlacker)
Emprexx Plush - 1 (Riki)
KamiKaze - 1 (MurderWeasel)
Polybius - 1 (Grim Wolf)

18 alive means 10 to lynch. Two days remain. Time runs short. Are you prepared?
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

I am very prepared to lynch magical girl Shinji ya marshmellow. There's hundreds of you girls out there one old Town girl wouldn't matter much.

I'm pretty sure MS is VT like he claims, really. I know some people play it super chill with mafia usually but being super ooc and weird is not really something power roles or scum do unless MS is delirbrately trying to seem super weird in order to ward suspicion off, which doesn't...seem like the case. I mean, staying super quiet without being inactive is suspicious as well, but like, the MS way is also not the way. Also he claimed VT townie although he might be lying.

I mean, it looks like its going to be a MS lynch anyways, which means one townie gone.
Currently not in anything!
[+] The Future
Annalise Meyer - Self-Assured Introvert
Robin Wang - Belligerent Socialite
Brittany O'Doyle - Recovering Pollyanna
Riki

Post by Riki »

I realise that a lynch of MS appears inevitable now, but I want to repeat myself now and clearly. You know, so that we can get info.

I believe MS is town, there is a certain train of thought I have here which i will gladly expand once I am no longer phoneposting. That said, I acknowledge the validity of the tactics pursued here but I cannot agree with them personally.

I still think Paige's initial latching unto MS is odd and I will keep to that suspicious since I have nothing otherwise. Oh, and her attempts to brush this off jokingly irk me too. People having fun is suspicious, that's just common sense.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

The votes have not changed.

18 alive means 10 to lynch. Precisely 24 hours and 42 minutes remain. Will you stumble at the last hurdle?
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

I am curious as to Riki's longer thoughts.

Also is there a chance we could get some final words from MS?
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Final words in the form of a meaningful contribution in the form of reads is that I've generally always been shit at reads in this game but my gut says Deamon and Paige are a little suspicious. I'd also like to highlight people who haven't really said too much by this point in the game; Mimi and Blast stick out in my mind, Mimi moreso than Blast. I get that some people like to stay quiet day one because even though it is valuable most people just decide to meme it for the first day, but i haven't even seen too many memes from these two generally so that's suspiciousalright i'm about to be killed i probably shouldn't joke around like that whatever.

Final words in the form of defense was alright maybe roleclaiming this early was a misstep as far as survivability goes but the train on me seemed built out of "exclamation points weird" and "what if there's a jester/post restriction/two mafia sects or whatever" and "look at this weird early safe roleclaim" and on the first I can do a flavorclaim, I'm this weird character from the gatcha game named Felicia Mizuki or some shit that's supposed to be sorta genki and i thought I'd liven things up by being sorta genki and different than usual but i didnt think through the aspect of this game that is suspecting weird and different shit. there's no bastard elements in this game, and I found the "faking a post restriction" line of query interesting. as in, sort of like a scare tactic/fear mongering. ugh.

In other words, everybody do your best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be reading until I get bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Hope springs eternal. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Blood is thicker than water. Seeking his sister's comfort, Arthur takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.

———The Hell Panel———

¿
S080: Kyle 'K' Emerson: [?]. You can never really know a person. Determined to return home to his elder sister, K. Emerson tries to wait it out while he still can.

S089: Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne: [X]. Rise from your grave. Witnessing herself at her worst, Amaryllis tries to sustain her belief that a better world is possible.
[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

So he WAS getting into character! Unless he's lying, who the fuck knows, it's fucking mafia.

But that was more likely than post restrictions anyway!
she/her/he/him
[+] V8 - CURRENT

Meena Lalita Kumar
the dreaded SI
>Pregame Start: Cast Call
--> Pregame Status: Crying in the (music) club
>Homecoming Start: Dying Clean And Pretty
-->Homecoming Status: It's worse fresh (ish) off a breakup
>Game Start: It's Lights Out, And Away They Go!
-->Game Status (FINAL): The future sucks.

Tenshi Marie Anastasie Fukushima-Yves
#1 princess and voca-tuber in the whole wide world
--> Pregame Status: Trying and failing to share manga
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: spawn more overlords!
-->Game Status (FINAL): A star has fallen.

Iliya "Liya" Polaris - DEAD
rebelling against a traditional Wiccan upbringing
--> Pregame Status: Some things are more important than a party
>Homecoming Start: Guys and Dolls
-->Homecoming Status: don't tell anyone this but she was actually one of the raccoons
>Game Start: A Question of Faith
-->Game Status (FINAL): The spirit was weak.

Daniel Ozanne
poker twink
--> Pregame Status: Uncomfortable questions
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: nooooo don't get kidnapped by the AT your too sexy aha
-->Game Status: breaking down but trying to help
[+] V7
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"

Return to “Mafia”