XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Zetsu wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:47 pm i'm townreading paige so hard right now, y'all

(paige is brilliant scum so i'm not willing to say that her play is 100% town but like. this looks pretty tough to fake)
Quoety McLook at me quote Look at my post up above post
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

...Well I thought I was trying to bluff as if I was something more than townie but no, looking back at that quote of mine I have no clue how that could've been a bluff.

usually my memory is better than this
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

B???: Valentin Shulgin — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | SM: | Present:
THEME:

G???: Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — "..." — 0%
THEME: Rina Sawayama — Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)

G???: Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: N/A | SM: N/A | Present:
THEME: The Killers — Spaceman
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Jace wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:12 pm Yeahh admittedly when Yugi claimed I appreciated it bc I didn't wanna get lynched for lore choices Deamon made, but I was also worried bc of all people that could have backed me up there, it was the person who was already mildly under suspicion in connection to me lol. I was gonna say that last night but like, I hope Yugi isn't scum bc backing me up at so many turns then me flipping town would probably confirm them as town to all of you (which is what'll happen regardless of if Yugi is scum or not) is, like, a solid scum play. And I'm, like, wary of that. But certainly appreciative of the claim bc like I said, of all things I could get lynched for, lore choices by the GM isn't my favorite.
i have already called you out on this. please stop transparently trying to attach me to you.
[+] The Present
Image Image Image

B???: Valentin Shulgin — "..." — 0%
THEME:

G???: Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — "..." — 0%
THEME: Rina Sawayama — Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)

G???: Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: N/A | SM: N/A | Present:
THEME: The Killers — Spaceman
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Zetsu wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:47 pm i'm townreading paige so hard right now, y'all

(paige is brilliant scum so i'm not willing to say that her play is 100% town but like. this looks pretty tough to fake)
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Please stop transparently attaching yourself to him
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Jace

Post by Jace »

Yeahhh I'm not seeing the benefit of doing reads into people anymore under the circumstances. Do your worst fellas
Slam

Post by Slam »

You know what

VOTE: Jace

Because it will shed more light on people and at the same time stop this game becoming a black hole of being about Jace and whether or not we can trust Jace.
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Jace wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:57 pm Yeahhh I'm not seeing the benefit of doing reads into people anymore under the circumstances. Do your worst fellas
noted pro-town move, giving up
Jace

Post by Jace »

Jace wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:57 pm Yeahhh I'm not seeing the benefit of doing reads into people anymore under the circumstances. Do your worst fellas
I'm out of reads to make if I'm not allowed to things like I did with Yugi, because as Slam said, I have become the center of all this and I never wanted that to begin with lol I pointed at Dodd because he was the only one I could point to any posts to support my suspicion of and it got way out of hand lol, and I don't see how anything say I say now is going to do anything besides get me killed faster so yeah do your thing
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:55 pm

dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Jace wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:59 pm I don't see how anything say I say now is going to do anything besides get me killed faster so yeah do your thing
i think this is the definition of a self-fulfilling prophecy
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

My "is it newbie or scummy" ticker is sliding over to "scummy" for Jace given how impressively persistently he's been... flailing isn't the right word, let's say "splashing around like a fish that's also a conversational black hole".

VOTE: Jace

If he turns out to not be VT I am going to be shocked. Shocked.
she/her/he/him
[+] V8 - CURRENT

Meena Lalita Kumar
the dreaded SI
>Pregame Start: Cast Call
--> Pregame Status: Crying in the (music) club
>Homecoming Start: Dying Clean And Pretty
-->Homecoming Status: It's worse fresh (ish) off a breakup
>Game Start: It's Lights Out, And Away They Go!
-->Game Status (FINAL): The future sucks.

Tenshi Marie Anastasie Fukushima-Yves
#1 princess and voca-tuber in the whole wide world
--> Pregame Status: Trying and failing to share manga
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: spawn more overlords!
-->Game Status (FINAL): A star has fallen.

Iliya "Liya" Polaris - DEAD
rebelling against a traditional Wiccan upbringing
--> Pregame Status: Some things are more important than a party
>Homecoming Start: Guys and Dolls
-->Homecoming Status: don't tell anyone this but she was actually one of the raccoons
>Game Start: A Question of Faith
-->Game Status (FINAL): The spirit was weak.

Daniel Ozanne
poker twink
--> Pregame Status: Uncomfortable questions
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: nooooo don't get kidnapped by the AT your too sexy aha
-->Game Status: breaking down but trying to help
[+] V7
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Jace

Post by Jace »

Y'all the honest truth is that I've been trying for days to keep this intense focus off of me for the exact reason slam mentioned and I am just exhausted of defending myself. I feel like it's getting in the way of my ability to actually do any reads or participate the same way the rest of you guys are and I feel like every page or so of posts for like at least the last 15-20 pages have almost entirely been about this. I'm out of defenses lol and I'm tired of being the center of the game. Just kill me yo I'll try again next time.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Hi there! I am here to give you the first vote count of the day. Here's a timer for you.

Here is the current vote count, 7 required to lynch:
Jace: 4 (Zetsu, Emprexx Plush, Slam, Blizz)
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

@Slam

The whole chain of events during this day phase:
[+] stuff that Paige has said over the past day phase
Paige wrote:With Jace I still feel like he's a frustrated newb who thought he wasn't a newb anymore. There's some info in day one that has me pretty sure Yugi and Jace are both town or both scum beyond the coaching.
Paige wrote:I think Jace's frustration reads as genuine, and his day one panic spiral would have gone harder on avoiding claiming if he was scum. Claiming vanilla townie is a weak ass move he just watched Decoy get lunched for Day One in the last game. He's a newb but not so much a newb to repeat the mistakes of the scum team in a game he just played. There's more but it plays into stuff I don't want to tip yet.
Paige wrote:Alright that error in reading comprehension blows up the under the table thing I had going. My theory was that Yugi is also a vanilla townie either soft claiming or accidentally outing himself from the wording of his role, which he, jace, and fen all shared. I was also suspecting that scum don't have fake claims this game due to size and the probability that we don't have a cop after a watcher flip in a game this small. I was ready to jump on Jace for pressure today but when fen flipped I thought it was likely a soft confirmation for Jace and Yugi, with the off chance that the advent claim is a blanket scum safe claim so it would be best either way to give Jace support and not bus him too hard to see if Yugi or anyone else came knocking to help him up.

But they're not the same role, and Jace claimed the role Yugi said instead of the one Fen flipped. That could be coincidence, but I'm more than willing to take a flier on Jace having fucked up.
Paige wrote:Supposing Yugi is scum, does he have stronger options than what he just did? If Jace flips town then I'm down for Yugi as strong town but I don't see how y'all are ruling out scumbuddies here. Scum didn't have night chat when the slip happened, and Yugi was already committed to the Trooper slip before Fen flipped. His other options are to either say he is an Officer, which looks weird, or that he's not vanilla, which opens him up to tests and risks of doubling up on a roll if either scum doesn't have fake claims or their fake claims are all vanilla.

I want to believe Jace and Yugi are town but saying Yugi is hard town for committing to his best out feels rushed to me.
Paige wrote:Coming around to a scum team of Jace, Yugi, Irina.

That is also my order of lunch preference.

Vote: Jace
She starts off committing about 65-70% to Yugi and Jace both being town, and indicates that xe has stuff that they're gonna play close to the chest for now. When xir "under-the-table" thing gets blown up, they do a complete 180 and commit pretty hard to lynching Jace (and Yugi if Jace flips scum).

Now, could Paige's "mistake" be deliberate? Yes. There's just so much advance planning that would have to go into that, though. You have to plan the mistake, plan to "realize" your mistake, and all for the tactical advantage of being able to...do a 180 on whether you're committed to a Jace/Yugi scumteam. I'm sorry, what? And yes, this would have to be planned: they mentioned having secret reasons to townread Jace/Yugi practically from the beginning of the day phase.

So yeah. Hard committing in one direction and then hard committing in the other direction tends to need to be planned out by scum, just because, well, if you're committing one way as scum, usually it's because you've figured that there's a distinct advantage to committing that way. Unless suddenly the advantages/disadvantages shifted, that is, which is...possible, but doesn't gel with how much work would have to go into faking the change in opinion that Paige makes, since these kinds of advantage/disadvantage shifts aren't something that scum can usually predict or control. Tl;dr this only makes sense as a scum play to me if it's been planned out to a ridiculous degree, and, like...you'd have to trust a lot of things to go off perfectly in order for such a plan to work. I wouldn't dare as scum. Paige is much more audacious than me, but still......not that audacious, I think.

Return to “Mafia”