XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Two lynches left?

Welp. Also, looks like there is VT fuckery going on, which means Yugi's claim has somewhat more ground to stand on. But I think only two VTs have flipped so far?
she/her/he/him
[+] V8 - CURRENT

Meena Lalita Kumar
the dreaded SI
>Pregame Start: Cast Call
--> Pregame Status: Crying in the (music) club
>Homecoming Start: Dying Clean And Pretty
-->Homecoming Status: It's worse fresh (ish) off a breakup
>Game Start: It's Lights Out, And Away They Go!
-->Game Status (FINAL): The future sucks.

Tenshi Marie Anastasie Fukushima-Yves
#1 princess and voca-tuber in the whole wide world
--> Pregame Status: Trying and failing to share manga
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: spawn more overlords!
-->Game Status (FINAL): A star has fallen.

Iliya "Liya" Polaris - DEAD
rebelling against a traditional Wiccan upbringing
--> Pregame Status: Some things are more important than a party
>Homecoming Start: Guys and Dolls
-->Homecoming Status: don't tell anyone this but she was actually one of the raccoons
>Game Start: A Question of Faith
-->Game Status (FINAL): The spirit was weak.

Daniel Ozanne
poker twink
--> Pregame Status: Uncomfortable questions
>Game Start: nooooo don't get kidnapped by the AT your too sexy aha
-->Game Status: breaking down but trying to help
[+] V7
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Sorry for doublepost: but I meant to put in the other one-

In that case, there's still the possibility of each VT having a unique role and Yugi's scum claiming VT, but I'll have to do an ISO to really get a read on him and also refresh my memory >.>
she/her/he/him
[+] V8 - CURRENT

Meena Lalita Kumar
the dreaded SI
--> Pregame Status: Crying in the (music) club
>Homecoming Start: Dying Clean And Pretty
-->Homecoming Status: It's worse fresh (ish) off a breakup
>Game Start: It's Lights Out, And Away They Go!
-->Game Status (FINAL): The future sucks.

Tenshi Marie Anastasie Fukushima-Yves
#1 princess and voca-tuber in the whole wide world
--> Pregame Status: Trying and failing to share manga
>Game Start: spawn more overlords!
-->Game Status (FINAL): A star has fallen.

Iliya "Liya" Polaris - DEAD
rebelling against a traditional Wiccan upbringing
--> Pregame Status: Some things are more important than a party
>Homecoming Start: Guys and Dolls
-->Homecoming Status: don't tell anyone this but she was actually one of the raccoons
>Game Start: A Question of Faith
-->Game Status (FINAL): The spirit was weak.

Daniel Ozanne
poker twink
--> Pregame Status: Uncomfortable questions
>Game Start: nooooo don't get kidnapped by the AT your too sexy aha
-->Game Status: breaking down but trying to help
[+] V7
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

BlizzardeyeWonder wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:54 pm Sorry for doublepost: but I meant to put in the other one-

In that case, there's still the possibility of each VT having a unique role and Yugi's scum claiming VT, but I'll have to do an ISO to really get a read on him and also refresh my memory >.>
do you think it's more likely that yugi or zetsu is scum fakeclaiming VT? neither? both?
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Right now, I think Yugi's effectively confirmed town. His play makes zero sense to me as scum, especially in light of what we can reconstruct with chronology.

Zetsu's extremely likely town. Her actions don't make much if any sense as scum.

This leaves a pool of: Boogie, Bizzard, Ricky, Me, MS, Goose, and Irina.

Of these, right now? I suspect Boogie and Irina the hardest (as outlined previously) but also have some reservations about the others--I put Ricky and Goose mid-tier, Blizzard and MS higher.

Boogie's play has been difficult to parse, and one of the flips this phase dumps the best out I saw for him (specifically, I don't mind saying now that we've got a flip from Jack out in the open, I thought Boogie was crumbing cop or some other investigative role--I guess it's still technically possible but I'm way less inclined to think it now). This was driven by his odd pattern of engagement and the weird little piece of discussion here about playing better with info on deck.

Irina, the thing is everything she's said so far--and I mean just about everything--has come from a spot where I can go "Well, if I was scum, here's why I'd be thinking that way." A lot of the time, positing a town perspective on these comments has been more difficult. The game as a whole seems to have agreed to side-eye her and go "Well, that sounds maybe too convenient..." but, when we hit a spot like this with every lead so far flipping town (or heavily tilted that way by virtue of the other flips) I think there comes a time when it's perhaps best to start looking at the obvious angles instead of outwitting ourselves. Especially this phase as opposed to some later juncture where it becomes (even more crucial) WIFOM.
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Grand Moff Hissa

dmboogie wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:00 pm
BlizzardeyeWonder wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:54 pm Sorry for doublepost: but I meant to put in the other one-

do you think it's more likely that yugi or zetsu is scum fakeclaiming VT? neither? both?
I have thoughts here. Remind me to chime in after Blizzard answers--I want her take on paper first.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

I want boogie’s take on his own question once blizzards answers.
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Yeah I agree with Toben re: Irina but at the same time this play reads exactly the same to me as it did last game and we know how she turned out then. I feel like a bit of the side-eyeing comes from that recent memory, at least a little bit. That and the fact that she's a newer player overall and this just might be the way that she does things, makes me a little like, shaky on that front. If I have to read her one way or the other, I'd feel forced to say town, but not by much, because again she's a recent addition to the mafia addiction and there isn't much data tm
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Hope springs eternal. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Blood is thicker than water. Seeking his sister's comfort, Arthur takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.

———The Hell Panel———

¿
S080: Kyle 'K' Emerson: [?]. You can never really know a person. Determined to return home to his elder sister, K. Emerson tries to wait it out while he still can.

S089: Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne: [X]. Rise from your grave. Witnessing herself at her worst, Amaryllis tries to sustain her belief that a better world is possible.
[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Blizzard wrote:In that case, there's still the possibility of each VT having a unique role and Yugi's scum claiming VT
waiting patiently for an ADVENT Small Claims Court Lawyer flavorclaim
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Hope springs eternal. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Blood is thicker than water. Seeking his sister's comfort, Arthur takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.

———The Hell Panel———

¿
S080: Kyle 'K' Emerson: [?]. You can never really know a person. Determined to return home to his elder sister, K. Emerson tries to wait it out while he still can.

S089: Amaryllis Peszek-Byrne: [X]. Rise from your grave. Witnessing herself at her worst, Amaryllis tries to sustain her belief that a better world is possible.
[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Zetsu wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:15 pm I want boogie’s take on his own question once blizzards answers.
i want ur take on ur own face!!!!!!
Slam

Post by Slam »

oh right i have a bah post

abh
"Smile. The world's not ending just yet."
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

dmboogie wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:29 pm
Zetsu wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:15 pm I want boogie’s take on his own question once blizzards answers.
i want ur take on ur own face!!!!!!
I’m town :(
Grand Moff Hissa

MethodicalSlacker wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:22 pm Yeah I agree with Toben re: Irina but at the same time this play reads exactly the same to me as it did last game and we know how she turned out then. I feel like a bit of the side-eyeing comes from that recent memory, at least a little bit. That and the fact that she's a newer player overall and this just might be the way that she does things, makes me a little like, shaky on that front. If I have to read her one way or the other, I'd feel forced to say town, but not by much, because again she's a recent addition to the mafia addiction and there isn't much data tm
See... I don't think this is necessarily the case. Everyone keeps repeating it but last game I was scum and thus had Irina ruled out more or less from the bat, and I died early and checked out after that so maybe things changed, but while I was in play her actions came off as weird-looking but the mindset behind them parsed as Town. And that's what's getting me this time--sure there are plenty of slips that could be spun however, but I'm looking for the cogs turning behind all of that, the goals that seem apparent and the focuses that guide the words, and at least to me the goals I'm seeing from her make less sense as town.

(Also yes let's have Boogie answer too please! Remind me after that happens and I'll give my take)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

MW wrote:See... I don't think this is necessarily the case. Everyone keeps repeating it but last game I was scum and thus had Irina ruled out more or less from the bat, and I died early and checked out after that so maybe things changed, but while I was in play her actions came off as weird-looking but the mindset behind them parsed as Town. And that's what's getting me this time--sure there are plenty of slips that could be spun however, but I'm looking for the cogs turning behind all of that, the goals that seem apparent and the focuses that guide the words, and at least to me the goals I'm seeing from her make less sense as town.
Can I get a breakdown/explanation for this?

My main reference is less last game and more PMMM Mafia; last game I was for the most part unwilling to put in the effort to actually analyze her play since, y'know, I was jester. PMMM Mafia I was much more dialed in, and for the one day phase she was there (before I vigged her :D ) Irina looked opportunistic af. I've not noticed anything about her play this game that looks all that different from that game (admittedly, I haven't ISO'd her for this game yet).
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

In unrelated news, my datefriend's death means that my position as the person with the most posts is (for the moment) secure :D
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Zetsu wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:17 pm In unrelated news, my datefriend's death means that my position as the person with the most posts is (for the moment) secure :D
as the second-most prolific living poster in this thread im coming after your crown oh wait no you have almost a hundred more posts than me holy shit lmao

Return to “Mafia”