D&D Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I'll speculate a bit since you've got me going and 'in that mood' to dig deep: Deamon hides a lot of intent behind his shitposting. He's not aimless. Being on scumteams with him in the past has taught me a little bit about how he works, and moderating games where he's a town power role also tells me a decent amount. He smells something fishy with one or more targets and is trying to sus something out.

So at the end of the day, I've talked myself into a townread for Deamon. My only other strong (read: existant) townread is Boogie for making that audacious claim so early and pretty much at the time where a miller would need to make it.
V8 Characters:
Hades Thompson: Scary on the outside, dying on the inside
Ruth Flanagan: Never talk to me or my brother or my brother or my brother or my brother ever again
Vladimir Tepes: Not a vampire, so invite him in
Jace

Post by Jace »

I'm working on a post, my bad fam works been draining me. After today I'll have two days off and a morning shift so I'll be alot more active then but yeah post incoming just working on it at work between business.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

MurderWeasel wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:37 pm And, while we're at it, Deamon, how do you feel about Ricky?
meh
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

A thought just occurred to me - the nightfall itself gives us no information. Condor was the Bodyguard, meaning that he could have been the target, or he may have correctly guessed whom the target was and took that guy's place.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

EBWOP: The nightkill gives us no information.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
S001: KAEDE TSURUMI: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!" Status: ACTIVE
S024: VICTOR GRAIL: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all." Status: ACTIVE
S103: JOAN LEAVEN Status: ACTIVE
S129: DAVID WORTH: Status: ACTIVE
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Grand Moff Hissa

Post by Grand Moff Hissa »

Deamon wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:03 am
MurderWeasel wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:37 pm And, while we're at it, Deamon, how do you feel about Ricky?
meh
Is that "meh" you don't like his play or "meh" you don't like the question?
I bid you all dark greetings!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
randomness

Post by randomness »

Deamon wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:24 pm i vote we push it again for the bant
Who are you referring to here?
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Vote: Deamon

@random: i'm curious, what are your reasons for scumreading fen?
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Deamon tends to be minimalistic and to hold his cards close to the chest regardless of alignment, as per recent meta, but when he's town I get the sense that he's up to something and trying to bait/trick/unnerve scum. When he's scum it just feels unhelpful. Looking at his play, I can find little purpose to what he's doing from a town perspective.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Vote: Zetsu

the immediate vote on deamon tips it over for me, we go through this every game and it makes zetsu's push against him look opportunistic, much the same as her other pushes this game so far, she's the best scum lead i've got rn other than picking off inactives
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

we go through what every game?
Latin For Dragula

folks thinking dea is unhelpful and trying to psychology their way through making him helpful in their eyes when he's gonna do whatever he wants regardless and will actively thwart whatever theories you put in to try and galaxy brain over him because he too can read the thread we're writing in and it's very funny to watch people be wrong
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

i straight up dont know what you're talking about bc dea is pretty consistently one of my stronger reads in every game, but i think this is just something that we'll always disagree on

(me being confident about this is just tempting fate to prove me wrong, but oh well)
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

(and if paige is right then fate's name is deamon)

that said

what would happen if he attempted to prove paige wrong?

:bigthink:

(in case it isn't clear this post (and this post only) is a meme post and should not be taken seriously)
Latin For Dragula

the we in this sentence is not you and me, it's we as a site meta, you feeling like you generally have a good grasp on dea only makes it weirder that you're confident pushing him with so little content knowing that pushing him does not make him produce content
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters

Return to “Mafia”