V8 Concepts Question Game (classic version)

Old style

Discuss anything and everything that has to do with SOTF here -- from your favorite character to comments and suggestions about the site! This forum also contains roleplaying guides for your benefit!
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

FUCK I FORGOT
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

What's the last YouTube video you've watched?
Alex: It's, like this one about, uh, it shows how the Chinese government are in SOTF right? It, it shows how all the weapons- like, you know how all the weapons are really obscure and stuff, right? It shows how they're all, like, actually made by Norinco and all the markings and stuff are faked, and-

Matthew: One of those army videos where they show you what life's like on a base. Looks fucking boring.

Madeleine: A makeup tutorial video. It turns out my undertones weren't the right colour so I just looked kinda weird but it probably works really well on someone else!

Jennifer: Some video on drumming, I dunno.

Question: If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
[+] V8
S002: Alex Avanesian - Throwing Spear - is the one who thought he could win. He was proven wrong in I'm the Psycho, You're the Freakshow [93/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pregame: 1 2 3
Social Media: 1 2 3 4
Homecoming: 1

S056: Madeleine Molliqaj - Macuahuitl - was hunting a beast. She slew it in Carve What You Feel Into Me [59/134]
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pregame: 1
Homecoming: 1

S078: Matthew Bell - Grand Power K100 - hurts all over in "Man, this SOTF thing sucks."
Main: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Applesintime wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:16 pm Question: If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
Ren: Orange chicken, pickled cabbage stew with pork, century egg congee, and diet coke... no, fuck it, real coke. Can't stay on a diet when I'm dead, right?

Giselle: Y'know that one news about an inmate eating a bible? Like, I'm sure it was just satirical fake news 'cause honestly you can't trust anything on the net nowdays, but... I wanna do something stupid like that. 24 carat gold sheets, y'know. Gotta go out in glitz and glamour.

Noah: So, have you heard of that one Texas inmate who ordered a shit ton of food and then didn't touch it? Motherfucker got the whole last meal thing cancelled in Texas- ruined the fun. I wanna do something like that- but, like I'll probably just eat a bite of everything. Caviar, that hundred dollar gold plated doughnut, all that- the most expensive shit ever, and I just take a single bit outta it. Count it as, I dunno, one last 'fuck you' to the system.

Erika: Mom's stew.

Betty: Hm... seafood pasta, ice cream, and... I don't know if they'll allow alcohol but I think trying a margarita or something if I can wouldn't hurt, right? A mango smoothie could work, too.

Isaiah: A big loaf of bread- home baked, not like that store bought garbage- pre-cut into 1.5 inch slices and lightly toasted, with like a toppings bar of all the good toast toppings. Smoked salmon, butter, strawberry jam, avocado- just as much as I can possibly think of and be allowed.

Question: What does love feel like and mean to you?
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Question: What does love feel like and mean to you?
Laci- This is a vague question if you think about it. There are many kinds of love. There's the love between friends or the love between partners. You can love your children or your pets, but you love them in different ways. There are plenty of people I love, and plenty of things I love.

Elodie- Easy peasy. Have you ever had pets? They're so loving! And to come home to an animal that relies on you and loves you unconditionally? That's bliss. I thought of something else, actually, but... I'll come back to you, okay?

Ashlee- Honestly, I think love should be unconditional, and about making each other happy as much as possible. When I love someone, I want to do whatever I can for them, you know?

Ty- ... I love my friends, and Storm, and my dad. I'd do anything for them.

Question: Did you pick up a new hobby during quarantine?
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

KamiKaze wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:21 am
Question: Did you pick up a new hobby during quarantine?
Ren: More like new personalities.

Isaiah: Got into baking again. Sorta lived the cottagecore dream, y'know? I think I might be picking more berries soon. Oh, and also got into hockey. Seems fun.

Erika: Not... not really? I gained sub-hobbies, if that makes sense. So instead of eurocentric art I tried, mm... expanding my horizons, I guess?

Noah: I, uh... I taught myself how to, uh. How do I say... no, fuck it, I taught myself how to tango. And a few other dances. Didn't get very far, but I really miss my pole. Quarentine got me unable to be a whore ):

(Note: Noah has never been a whore)

Giselle: Fell down the noisepop/hyperpop rabbithole

Betty: Tried to crochet... it didn't actually end up that bad.

Question: Describe the perfect, lifelong partner for you. Romantic, platonic, whatever. Just tell me what you want the person to spend the rest of your life with to be like.
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Yonagoda wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:26 amQuestion: Describe the perfect, lifelong partner for you. Romantic, platonic, whatever. Just tell me what you want the person to spend the rest of your life with to be like.
Katelyn: U-uh. Someone nice and cool, and sweet, and tall, and handsome. Or p-pretty. Someone who wouldn't judge me for who I am, who I could trust and feel safe around.
Natasha: Someone who could challenge me, mentally and physically. Who could help me overcome my weaknesses, and I in turn help them overcome theirs. Partners, and two parts of a greater whole.
Lúcio: Aw man, just someone I can spend a whole day with doing absolutely nothing, just quietly enjoying each other's company. When you can do that, that's when you know you've found the one.
J: Um, I dunno. Someone special.
Question:
Lúcio: What's the deal with tourists, am I right? We get enough of 'em here in Salem. Do you hate 'em for their dumb questions? Do you love 'em for all their money? What do you think of them?
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Lúcio: What's the deal with tourists, am I right? We get enough of 'em here in Salem. Do you hate 'em for their dumb questions? Do you love 'em for all their money? What do you think of them?
Ty: Honestly? They’re fucking hilarious. Sometimes people out of town ask me if I practice witchcraft or something. At the end of the day, it’s… a town. We just have a history of witch hunts. *laughs*

Laci: It bugs me when people seem to think of the Witch Trials as anything other than what it actually was. It was a lot of politics, family feuding, fearmongering, and religious Puritanism. It’s not some mystical Wiccan thing, it’s the mob mentality at work.

Elodie: I kinda emphasize with them because I moved here? I don’t run into them super often. But it’s true! I am a devil worshipper. I pray to the cult of Lil Nas X, our patron anti-saint of gayness and pole-dancing to hell! *does devil horns, sticks her tongue out, and then bursts into laughter*

Ashlie: Oh! I’ve definitely run into them at conventions and Halloween events. Some of them are really nice. Others, however… well, ‘cosplay is not consent.’ Like, if I’m dressed up, it’s not cool to take photos without permission, or touch me, or do anything weird, right? Though it was funny when I was dressed as Misa, and someone thought it was a witch costume for some reason. Because she’s a goth kinda, I guess? So this person was all ‘oh wow, cool witch costume!’ when I was thinking ‘well… she does commune with dark forces, so…technically?’ *giggles*

Question: Do you believe in anything supernatural?
RiceKrisp

Post by RiceKrisp »

KamiKaze wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:26 pm Question: Do you believe in anything supernatural?
Wil: "Uh, yeah! How else do you explain Tarot? There has to be magic somewhere!"
Riley: "It's fun to think about if McArthur over there is a zombie or something. Really doubt it though. The world's the world."

Question: What's your favorite piece of history? Can be current, prehistoric, as long as it's in the past.
V8 - the roleplay, not the juice.

Only ended up with her lol:
Willa 'Wil' Kurt
Current Status - Alive
Pregame: 1 - 1.5(tech thread)
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

RiceKrisp wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:09 pmWhat's your favorite piece of history? Can be current, prehistoric, as long as it's in the past.
Erika: So, um, I'm not 100% sure on which piece I can recall, but... but I think it's probably the, uh... wait, give me a second to decide. Um. The raft of Medusa, I think? Like, French frigate Méduse, which sank, and then, uh, about a hundred people boarded a raft 'cause there weren't enough lifeboats and about 15 made it off alive. They all started killing themselves, and killing each other, and then eating each other. Or Zhu Yu. He was the artist that liked using body parts- kind of like Rick Gibson, with the fetus earrings, but I think Zhu was more interesting, because... well, because I do. I can't really explain to you why, I just liked his work. People all knew him about "Eating people" and him getting arrested for that, but I actually like "Pocket Theology" more.

Giselle: "A Modest Proposal for Preventing the Children of Poor People in Ireland from Being a Burden to Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Public." It's, like, super old satire about how the poor Irish peeps should sell their kids to the rich to be eaten? Real wack. Kinda funny though.

Isaiah: You've ever heard of the Great Siege of Malta? The 1565 one. Malta had a lot of sieges. It was a serious underdog victory and it's just really cool. Kind of grisly, though.

Noah: Albert Fish. No, seriously- it's not just the cannibalism. That guy was fucked up. He put bottles in [redacted][redacted][redacted]... even lit the [redacted][redacted]... so, yeah. Real work of a man, right? But also like a really interesting guy.

Lorenzo/Ren: So, back when China was super super communist, like insanely communist, they waged a war on birds. Not like the emu war, mind you- they were going against sparrows. They'd just bang pots and pans and scare poor birds from ever landing anywhere until they died from exhaustion. Kids also got class credit for killing rats and bringing their tails, and mom was a part of like an underground rat tail market for kids that were bad at catching rats? It was weird.

Betty: Hm... is Gamestop's whole stock thing old enough to be history? Things go by so fast these days.

...it doesn't? Oh, well. It's funny, whenever some famous important royal people die, a bunch of imposters spring up? Like, in Rome there was this whole "Nero reborn" thing, and then Marie Antoinette's dead son, and then Anastasia Romanov? Yeah, that."

Question: What do you think of your parent's... parenting style?
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Yonagoda wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:22 pm Question: What do you think of your parent's... parenting style?
Dawn: "They aren't home often, but that is due to their jobs. They are very lovely when there, and they always take time for my birthday or other occasions."

Ethan: "I have niece parents. The only thing I could complain is the training from hell my mother pushed Dawn and me through just to teach us... chess."

Derek: *shrugs* "We are on speaking terms nowadays, which means everything ended well, I guess."

Judy: "Wait, what is this 'parenting' you speak of?"

Do: "My mother was strict, but fair. Let's not talk about my father."

Next question: What is the least interesting fact about you?
V9
Judith "Judy" Loxley
Ae-Cha Myo
Cynthia Jericho
[+] V8
S007 Derek Caldwell [65/134]
S026 Dawn Montogomery [34/134]
S076 Daenerys "D" Todd [72/134]
S106 Ethan Kemp [132/134]
S116 Quentin B. Skinner [94/134]
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Next question: What is the least interesting fact about you?
Laci- What? What an asinine-... *she straightens herself out* Right, sorry. I feel like this isn't a particularly good question, because, certainly you want to get to know people? I guess you could like, go into the statistics of having red hair and blue eyes, but that is probably interesting to someone out there.

Elodie- Uh, I got a toenail fungus treated over quarantine...?

Ashlee- Uh, what should I share? I could maybe go into the grisly details of my spine injury, but that's more uncomfortable than uninteresting. I can tell you the details of what it's like to wear a back brace?

Ty- I'm never boring. *laughs* Though, I could tell you about all the warmups I do? But maybe that's interesting.

Question:
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Question:
Medea: The Christmas Carol one! And Scrooge would stay as the human!
Dani: How should I know? I don't know much about the muppets to be honest. The last one I saw was the one where they were pirates I think? I was, like, 7 or something. So that one I guess and one of the humans from that.
Randolph: I am unfamiliar with... "The Muppets." I... do believe I have some Fun. Ko. Pops that are modeled after them, but... I am afraid I do not know much else about the subject matter.

Question: The apocalypse is going to happen, but you are given the choice of what kind you get to choose but you can't prevent it from happening. Which do you choose from nuclear, environmental, zombie, alien invasions, machine uprising, or Ragnarok?
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Question: The apocalypse is going to happen, but you are given the choice of what kind you get to choose but you can't prevent it from happening. Which do you choose from nuclear, environmental, zombie, alien invasions, machine uprising, or Ragnarok?
Dominiqua: I think I'd take anything over a nuclear or environmental apocalypse.

Wendy: I guess aliens. Or zombies. Or zombie aliens.

Karen: Zombies might be the easiest to deal with.

Chester: I'd probably settle for zombies. I've seen enough zombie stuff to prepare for it. I don't think any aliens would want to come near our polluted planet.

Question: If you could create a new flavor of ice cream, what would it be?
[+] V9
Felicity "Flick" Franklin- Aspiring Chef
Wallace "Wally" Whitaker- Theater Guy
Donald "Don" Douglas- Gamer Geek
Taylor Turner- Tennis Tomboy
Simon Smith- Horror Nerd
[+] Past Characters
V8
Dominiqua Ashmore
Gwendolyn "Wendy" Kennedy
Karen Nguyen
Chester Folk

V7
Image Ned Jackson
Image Yuki Hayashibara
Image Zachary Beck
RiceKrisp

Post by RiceKrisp »

Ryuki wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:49 am Question: If you could create a new flavor of ice cream, what would it be?
Willa: "Apple ice cream! Apple ice cream!"
Connor: "...Not-artificially-flavored ice cream that's cheap. Or mint peanut butter ice-cream."
Riley: "I wouldn't."

Question: There's three doors, one which leads to your victory. How likely is it that you choose the right door?
V8 - the roleplay, not the juice.

Only ended up with her lol:
Willa 'Wil' Kurt
Current Status - Alive
Pregame: 1 - 1.5(tech thread)
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Question: There's three doors, one which leads to your victory. How likely is it that you choose the right door?
Ren:... You didn't say that we only have one chance! I'd open them all : D

Betty: Uh, one out of three, duh! Is this a trick question?

Erika: Unlikely.

Isaiah: Here's a question for you- is my victory 'right?' What is 'right' in the context of this question?

Noah: Jokes on you I love self-sabotage. 2/3 baby

Question: Would you like a smaller reward instantly or a bigger reward that you can get later? I.E, that one marshmallow experiment where kids have to wait for 20 minutes.
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth

Return to “Roleplaying Discussion”