The Devil You Know

HARK, BEFORE THE INFERNO ENGULFS YE

V9 Pregame is in development! So while you wait for it’s arrival this is the place where you can look for friends, enemies, romances, hobby groups, school clubs and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can look through what others' are looking for to find something that would work for your character. Please note that V9 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
VoltTurtle

The Devil You Know

Post by VoltTurtle »

Hello, delicious friends.

I bring to you one demon child of mine that you may form relationships with.

Her name is Ch- BEELZEBUB Smith. As of this time of writing (this is subject to change depending on how much the other staffers complain about my antics), here's what you should know about her:

Beelzebub is a deeply troubled child with an extreme rebellious streak brought on by her excessively restrictive childhood and abusive, controlling parents. She currently lives with her hippy grandparents (mother's side) in Las Vegas, Nevada, who have been her legal guardians ever since she got released from juvenile hall.

Most of her behavior and personality is defined by her opposition to authority figures. She does not let anyone tell her what to do and deeply resents anyone who has any kind of power over her (the only tepid exception being her grandparents who are mostly fine with her non-criminal behavior). She identifies as an anarchist in opposition to the government (though she has a poor understanding of anarchism as a philosophy), and as a capital-S Satanist in opposition to her hardcore Christian parents (this faith is entirely genuine, as she identifies with the idea of Satan as a rebel to God).

She likes anyone who shares her rebellious attitude. People she views as risk-takers, strong-willed, and entertaining to be around (aka: very weird/unusual) are her preferred hangouts. She is also fond of anyone who is counter-cultural, and is generally affable to fellow outcasts, even if they don't quite fit her other criteria. She loves fellow hoodlums, and is a wannabe punk gang-leader (and a dangerous Machiavellian idiot) who is happy to pull others into her Satanism and criminal behavior... if they're up to snuff, and willing to get their hands dirty. She also has a general fondness for anyone she views as living deliciously (honestly and confidently), no matter what form that takes.

Conversely, she hates anyone that she views as a coward, spineless, or simply a boring stick-in-the-mud. Because of this, she is a known bully around Red Rock, but she's not like other bullies, as she does not do so for her own gratification (she doesn't like hurting people for its own sake). Rather, she bullies in an effort to push her victims to either fight back (and learn that you can't allow anyone else step on you), gain more willpower, OR to become "more interesting" and less boring (to her). Reporting her to the authorities instead of learning her "lessons" is a bit of a berserk button for her, and will often push her to more extreme action that your child might want to avoid.

Her hobbies/interests are guitar, weightlifting, punk music (both listening and playing), punk fashion, Satanism, anarchism, fighting, hook-ups, casual drug use, recreational crime, and guinea pigs.

Oh, and if you deadname her, she will kill you.

Here is a picture for you to look at, if you would like:
[+] Angry Demon Girl
So with all that, here's what I'm looking for:
  • Hook-Ups (she is bi, and her only qualifiers are that you need to be cute and not be boring)
  • Friends (must meet qualifications for her likes)
  • Gang Members (those who meet the qualifier for friendship AND would want to do crimes)
  • Victims (must meet qualifiers for her hatred)
  • Enemies (those who don't qualify for her hatred, but oppose her reckless behavior)
Current (Potential) Relations Below:
[+] Beelzebub Relations
Hook-Ups:
-Finn Cooper ("He's less cool now that he has a girl of his own, but ehh, that's fine.")
-Camilla Carter ("Tastes like Candy.")
-Ginger "Gigi" Peck ("She's STILL pissed about that $20?")

Friends:
-Finn Cooper ("He gets me.")
-Camilla Carter ("Yo Candy, you wanna shove this ugly-ass bitch into a locker?")
-Bailey Gema ("I'll keep him on the right side of the law. Even if he thinks it's the wrong side.")
-Marcy Valerio ("She keeps Finn happy, so that keeps me happy.")
-Skyla Monroe ("Mommy.")
-Marino Jaivira ("You know what I'm here for. Gimme the weed.")

Gang Members:
-Finn Cooper ("Get in the car, we're doing crimes.")
-Bailey Gema ("C'mon. Just this once.")
-Marcy Valerio ("Satan calls. It's time to spit in the eye of God.")
-Skyla Monroe ("Let's go, bitch. Gotta tarnish that perfect record of yours!")

Victims:
-Kaden Kirabo ("Stupid bitch doesn't even fight back. You're so BORING.")
-Inessa Hymen ("If you don't stop me, then I'm going to snap you in two.")
-Florida Riley ("Before, I just wanted to make you toughen up. Now that you got someone else to fight your battles for you? Satan as my witness, there's gonna be Hell to pay.")

Enemies:
-Tyson Peraday ("Ohoho, so you DO have a spine. Good. Great, even. These next few years are gonna be fun.")
-Johannes "Joh" Rasmussen ("I'll kill him. I'm gonna fucking kill him.")
-Mortimer Schaub ("Jumpy. Boring.")
-Wade Colter ("Run boy. Run far, and fast.")
-Storm Stryder ("Bootlicker.")
-Marina Castilho ("You used to be cool, but now... you're just more dust in the wind.")
-Edwin Castellaneta ("Come to get your shit kicked in again? Guess you like getting stepped on.")
-Murray Miller ("A useful idiot is still an idiot.")
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

I got two kids, Finn Cooper and Candy Carter, who might have potential for Stuff.

Finn might work well as a friend/gang member.
Similar punk leanings, both in clothing and listening to music, down to try pretty much anything once, similar tendency towards risk taking and crime, which in Finn’s case specifically includes illegal drag racing. But he’s definitely open to other activities. His rebellious nature also has similar roots (a strict household, level of abusive debatable so far but it’s not a good place). A hookup might have been a possibility in the past, though nowadays he’s very dedicated to his girlfriend (and this relationship started a year ago so any hookups would have been a while ago).

Candy is… tricky, on the other hand.
Pros: Candy has insane confidence and does what she wants, and has similar bullying tendencies to Beelzebub (more appearance focused, but Candy believes she’s just ‘motivating’ people to be hotter). She’s more mainstream in her hobbies, but also very stubborn about dressing how she wants (which is more 50’s-soda-advertisement than punk, but she commits to the bit) and is pretty open to partying and some lightly illegal times. She’s also gay af and might be down for a fling.
Cons: Candy’s definitely a lot more conventional in her vibe, and doesn’t particularly care about the government or most causes. She’s also probably not down with Beelzebub’s specific style (though I think she’d appreciate that Beelzebub’s dressing how she wants and putting effort into it). Plus, only lightly illegal times allowed. (Drinking and the occasional drug, sure. But she’s not going to do crume for the sake of crime. She sees Beelzebub doing some whack shit she’d be more likely to just take out her phone and film it for ‘get a load of that’ reasons.)
So, honestly? Not a fucking clue. But I feel like there’s potential for SOMETHING, good or bad.
[+] V8
S010: Marshall West - Designated Weapon: Gas Mask (now broken in one eye) - ESCAPED - "You are not the authority on what these people deserve!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 / Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 6 / Before Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S029: Mônica “Molly” Oliveira - Designated Weapon: Zweihander - DECEASED - “Is revenge worth that much?!”
V8 Pregame - Messages: 1 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S047: Russell “Fitz” Fitzroy - Designated Weapon: Walther WA 2000 (sniper rifle) - Other Weapons: 1 half-blunt shruiken - ESCAPED - "DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO LIVE!"
V8 Pregame - Memories: 1 / Messages: 1 2 3 4 / Pregame: 1 2 3 / After Homecoming: 1
V8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

S074: Roberta Chen - Designated Weapon: Khopesh - DECEASED - "So… c-come back here. Y’coward."
V8 Pregame - Pregame: 1 2 3
V8: 1 2 3
[+] V9

S???: Finn Cooper
S???: Camilla "Candy" Carter
S???: Ashley "Ash" Montoya (last name preferred)
S???: Zachariah "Zach" Webb
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

ViolentMedic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:07 am I got two kids, Finn Cooper and Candy Carter, who might have potential for Stuff.

Finn might work well as a friend/gang member.
Similar punk leanings, both in clothing and listening to music, down to try pretty much anything once, similar tendency towards risk taking and crime, which in Finn’s case specifically includes illegal drag racing. But he’s definitely open to other activities. His rebellious nature also has similar roots (a strict household, level of abusive debatable so far but it’s not a good place). A hookup might have been a possibility in the past, though nowadays he’s very dedicated to his girlfriend (and this relationship started a year ago so any hookups would have been a while ago).

Candy is… tricky, on the other hand.
Pros: Candy has insane confidence and does what she wants, and has similar bullying tendencies to Beelzebub (more appearance focused, but Candy believes she’s just ‘motivating’ people to be hotter). She’s more mainstream in her hobbies, but also very stubborn about dressing how she wants (which is more 50’s-soda-advertisement than punk, but she commits to the bit) and is pretty open to partying and some lightly illegal times. She’s also gay af and might be down for a fling.
Cons: Candy’s definitely a lot more conventional in her vibe, and doesn’t particularly care about the government or most causes. She’s also probably not down with Beelzebub’s specific style (though I think she’d appreciate that Beelzebub’s dressing how she wants and putting effort into it). Plus, only lightly illegal times allowed. (Drinking and the occasional drug, sure. But she’s not going to do crime for the sake of crime. She sees Beelzebub doing some whack shit she’d be more likely to just take out her phone and film it for ‘get a load of that’ reasons.)
So, honestly? Not a fucking clue. But I feel like there’s potential for SOMETHING, good or bad.
Finn would ABSOLUTELY work for being a friend/gang member. He's exactly the kind of knucklehead that she would take a liking to. They would have probably fucked in the past, but Beel wouldn't have been clingy in the slightest and thus completely fine with him being more dedicated to his girlfriend... just so long as she didn't get in the way of the two of them being delinquents.

Beel would definitely respect Candy's confidence, and the fact that she's also trying to teach people "lessons" through bullying could lead to them being a really, really funny bitch-duo if they identify the same target. Lightly illegal activities are also cool, and Beelzebub would enjoy her commitment to the bubblegum vibe, even if it doesn't match her own. Definitely would've been down for a fling or two or three, but not a committed relationship (Beel doesn't do those).
Salic

Post by Salic »

I can't think of a more antagonistic relationship than one between Beelzebub and Johannes "Joh" Rasmussen.

Joh embodies everything in society that Beelzebub would hate. He's a man of inherited wealth. He avidly supports capitalism, big business, and the Republican Party (but only on economic issues). He respects authority, but his desire to become the authority and hold power is even stronger. He proudly supports the police and tough-on-crime initiatives and disavows leftism in all of its various forms.

In essence, Beelzebub represents everything in society that Joh hates.

These two would have nothing nice to say to each other even under extreme duress. While Joh does have traits that Beelzebub would appreciate under normal circumstances (and vice versa)- an iron will, boundless confidence, and complete defiance of those who would stand in their way- these traits would probably serve to aggravate each other in the worst ways.

They've almost certainly gotten into fistfights before, which probably dragged on until someone was able to break them apart. I don't know how well-known Beelzebub's given name of Charity is, but if he does know it, he'd call her that in the most condescending and paternalistic way he could muster. If he doesn't, then he'd settle with Beel.

In short, they would have a burning, mutual hatred. I don't think they could have anything less.
[+] V8 Kids
John Davis- ”Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men." - John F. Kennedy
Constance Blanchet- "The end of hope is the beginning of death." - Charles De Gaulle
Lara 'Spuds' Bullock- "You can never substitute emotion for reason." - Robert McNamara (Adopted from Slam!)
[+] V9 Concepts
Lightning Adcock
Ariel Montserrat "For God's sake, bring me a large scotch. What a bloody awful country." - Reginald Maudling
Tammy Swann - "Do not fear death so much as an inadequate life." - Bertolt Brecht
Roberto Aguerrondo - "I will not kneel on the ground, Allowing the executioners to look tall, The better to obstruct the wind of freedom." - Zhou Zhenkai
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Salic wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:44 am I can't think of a more antagonistic relationship than one between Beelzebub and Johannes "Joh" Rasmussen.

Joh embodies everything in society that Beelzebub would hate. He's a man of inherited wealth. He avidly supports capitalism, big business, and the Republican Party (but only on economic issues). He respects authority, but his desire to become the authority and hold power is even stronger. He proudly supports the police and tough-on-crime initiatives and disavows leftism in all of its various forms.

In essence, Beelzebub represents everything in society that Joh hates.

These two would have nothing nice to say to each other even under extreme duress. While Joh does have traits that Beelzebub would appreciate under normal circumstances (and vice versa)- an iron will, boundless confidence, and complete defiance of those who would stand in their way- these traits would probably serve to aggravate each other in the worst ways.
Totally agree, she'd want to kill him.
They've almost certainly gotten into fistfights before, which probably dragged on until someone was able to break them apart. I don't know how well-known Beelzebub's given name of Charity is, but if he does know it, he'd call her that in the most condescending and paternalistic way he could muster. If he doesn't, then he'd settle with Beel.

In short, they would have a burning, mutual hatred. I don't think they could have anything less.
To answer your question: her given name is known because it's still her legal name, and is thus recorded on rosters. If they share any classes at all, he'd have heard her given name at least once before the teacher learned to leave that hot button unpressed.

And yeah, if he does call her Charity, especially the way her dad would while scolding her, then scratch that, she's going to kill him. As soon as she can make it look like an accident.
Deblod100

Post by Deblod100 »

Mortimer, Emma, Joanne, and Vanessa end up negatively in Beel's side.

Joanne, being a popular rich girl, is part of what Beel hates.

Vanessa, while rich too, tries to be passive towards her, but she still views Beel as a troublemaker.

Mortimer is an interesting case, because he's actively avoids her for many reasons. Even though he already has to deal with a bunch of delinquents harassing and bullying him, he's genuinely terrified of Beel, because he sees her as a sociopath and is afraid that she is more likely to actually stab him, just because he doesn't going into full-blown troublemaking. He also knows that Beel is able to sic her minions onto him, treating her like an extortionist.

For Emma, here's a pitch and I would like to know your thoughts.

Beel might have been in Emma's band in one point, but the two didn't get along, since Emma sees her as negative publicity towards her band and crew with her hostile and doing-crimes behaviors. This led to Emma "firing" Beel from her band, making her enemies with one another.
It's so hard when your on your own
You might fall into the Forbidden Zone

[+] V9 kids
Mortimer Schuab - The creator is converted into an avatar of all. Happy to tell you that life is completely meaningless and that everyone is going to die horribly.
Emma Drakenberg-West - Rebelling against the system with the power of metal and punk music gets you by, only for a little while, unless you decide to do the right thing only by getting your hands dirty.
Joanne Martinez - She enforces the authority of the school, but even a queen bee must lose the stinger. Now, she wants to make her point clear on who rules.
Vanessa Thibodeaux - Humans and animals are both the same. The lines officially blur for a butcher who will now become the executioner.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Buongiorno

So, I think there's potential for an interesting dynamic here. Marcy's already close to Finn, so goes without saying the two would likely cross paths a fair bit. Part of me was thinking that Marcy would want to involve herself in her boyfriend's escapades, maybe even go so far as joining Beel's gang outright?

Depends to a degree on what you think Beel would make of Marcy, of course. Marcy's not politically inclined in one direction or another, and is fairly open about being catholic (though perhaps undergoing a crisis of faith, still mulling over the idea). But she's also far from boring, and is willing to do pretty much anything to prove she's dead serious about wanting to join in on the gang's shenanigans.

She is however perhaps a tad possessive of Finn, and the fact that Beel and Finn banged in the past would always linger at the back of her mind, though as long as Beel doesn't make any moves on her BF there shouldn't be any issues...
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

Xavier Martinez: The maybe pregame only character, but don't count on it
[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
EllisWilson

Post by EllisWilson »

My kid is named Wade Colter and he dislikes delinquents overall, so there’s hostility right out of the gate.

Beel I can see being a special case because of the gang leader thing. Wade is extremely paranoid about potentially losing his spot on the wrestling team if he were to engage with people like Beel, so seeing someone whose basically the walking embodiment of everything he wants to avoid will have him act especially skittish.

He’s one of those hyper serious stick up his ass types whose only real concerns are his wrestling and his horror movies, so he’ll probably also snitch if he sees her do any illegal stuff. Otherwise he’d avoid her like the plague as much as possible.
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

Hello there questionably demonic person, I've come bearing relationships!!

For Beau: I'd like to put him down as an enemy. Now, he doesn't hate her, more than try to make friends with her. Unfortunately, his cheery and happy-go-lucky attitude will annoy Beelzebub to a high degree.

For Storm: He seems bland as a character right now, but what if he and Beelzebub were old friends? They understood each other fully in the past, but as they near the end of high school, Storm's outlook changes, and then stops hanging out with her completely. This might turn them into enemies because when Beelzebub wants to fight, he'll give her one.

For Inessa: Pure, innocent, sweet, kind, and happy. Nothing else than the embodiment of what Beelzebub hates. And all the more reason for Inessa to be a bully victim! And btw, her last name is Hymen; work with that in any way you want.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Lots to reply to! I noticed there was a bit of misinterpretation regarding Beelzebub's character, so I updated the OP accordingly. Main misunderstanding seems to be that Beelzebub hates the popular and the kind. That isn't true! Demon punk she may be, but that doesn't mean she hates all that is bright and fluffy (she does dislike rich people, though only a little bit).

No, what she wants is for people to be living deliciously, aka honestly and with confidence. She is particularly fond of other delinquents, but she can still like you if you're a normie!
Deblod100 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:51 pm Mortimer, Emma, Joanne, and Vanessa end up negatively in Beel's side.

Joanne, being a popular rich girl, is part of what Beel hates.

Vanessa, while rich too, tries to be passive towards her, but she still views Beel as a troublemaker.

Mortimer is an interesting case, because he's actively avoids her for many reasons. Even though he already has to deal with a bunch of delinquents harassing and bullying him, he's genuinely terrified of Beel, because he sees her as a sociopath and is afraid that she is more likely to actually stab him, just because he doesn't going into full-blown troublemaking. He also knows that Beel is able to sic her minions onto him, treating her like an extortionist.

For Emma, here's a pitch and I would like to know your thoughts.

Beel might have been in Emma's band in one point, but the two didn't get along, since Emma sees her as negative publicity towards her band and crew with her hostile and doing-crimes behaviors. This led to Emma "firing" Beel from her band, making her enemies with one another.
Alright, so... sounds good on Mortimer, I suppose. Joanne and Vanessa, I doubt Beel would really care about either all that much. No to the Emma pitch, Beel is the type to just jam on her own, not join a band!
Fiori wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:18 am Buongiorno

So, I think there's potential for an interesting dynamic here. Marcy's already close to Finn, so goes without saying the two would likely cross paths a fair bit. Part of me was thinking that Marcy would want to involve herself in her boyfriend's escapades, maybe even go so far as joining Beel's gang outright?

Depends to a degree on what you think Beel would make of Marcy, of course. Marcy's not politically inclined in one direction or another, and is fairly open about being catholic (though perhaps undergoing a crisis of faith, still mulling over the idea). But she's also far from boring, and is willing to do pretty much anything to prove she's dead serious about wanting to join in on the gang's shenanigans.

She is however perhaps a tad possessive of Finn, and the fact that Beel and Finn banged in the past would always linger at the back of her mind, though as long as Beel doesn't make any moves on her BF there shouldn't be any issues...
Beelzebub would absolutely accept Marcy into the band. Not only because a friend of a friend is her friend, but It'd be a prime opportunity to tempt a Catholic to sin. As for not making any moves, don't worry! Beel respects your boundaries (just as long as you're not too passive to set them, otherwise you're getting stepped on).
EllisWilson wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:58 am My kid is named Wade Colter and he dislikes delinquents overall, so there’s hostility right out of the gate.

Beel I can see being a special case because of the gang leader thing. Wade is extremely paranoid about potentially losing his spot on the wrestling team if he were to engage with people like Beel, so seeing someone whose basically the walking embodiment of everything he wants to avoid will have him act especially skittish.

He’s one of those hyper serious stick up his ass types whose only real concerns are his wrestling and his horror movies, so he’ll probably also snitch if he sees her do any illegal stuff. Otherwise he’d avoid her like the plague as much as possible.
Sounds good! Beelzebub would probably find his skittishness funny, and make sure to stand there menacingly to torment him with minimal effort. Maybe he'll learn to stop being so afraid.
FlockOfHens wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:34 am Hello there questionably demonic person, I've come bearing relationships!!

For Beau: I'd like to put him down as an enemy. Now, he doesn't hate her, more than try to make friends with her. Unfortunately, his cheery and happy-go-lucky attitude will annoy Beelzebub to a high degree.

For Storm: He seems bland as a character right now, but what if he and Beelzebub were old friends? They understood each other fully in the past, but as they near the end of high school, Storm's outlook changes, and then stops hanging out with her completely. This might turn them into enemies because when Beelzebub wants to fight, he'll give her one.

For Inessa: Pure, innocent, sweet, kind, and happy. Nothing else than the embodiment of what Beelzebub hates. And all the more reason for Inessa to be a bully victim! And btw, her last name is Hymen; work with that in any way you want.
Actually, I think she'd like Beau, at least a little. Not enough to be friends (she'd probably tell him to buzz off), but if he really is a "fearless little dude" then she'd probably let him do his own thing unperturbed.

For Storm, I think Beelzebub would hate him because he's a military brat. His aspirations are basically just to let someone else tell him orders, and she doesn't like that, not one bit! That's not living deliciously, even if that's what he thinks he wants. Could work with your suggestion, if joining the military wasn't what Stormy wanted in the past, only to later change his mind.

As for Inessa, I think she would actually bully her, but not because the latter's sweet. Rather, because she sounds meek. Nobody's that pure and innocent once they're in high school. If she tries to act all dainty, Beel would force Inessa to embrace her own dark side. Or get shoved in a locker. Whichever one Inessa chooses.
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

I Still refuse to post a relationship thread this early, but I think Beel might have a complicated relationship with Marina Castilho, a misanthrope with a burning grudge against the world. Marina was pretty badly bullied in middle school, and might have entered high school with a desire for catharsis and vengeance, to get back at the world. She might have initially linked up with Beelzebub's gang of terror-makers as a way of getting that, but I don't think their partnership would last long before Marina starts to kinda hate the gang too, seeing maybe a few too many similarities to her middle school bullies. After a few months (and maybe a massive fight?), Marina broke off, and seemingly mellowed out and settled down with Frozen Smoke's Erin, The One Guy At School She Doesn't Hate. But really, all putting a lid on her outward anger did was let the misanthropy boil in more insidious ways.

Regardless, in the current day, Marina probably has a very poor opinion of Beelzebub despite - or, dare I say, because - they share a lot of rebellious, stick-it-to-the-man traits. In particular, Marina thinks Beel is a hypocrite who's worse than the people she torments and ultimately no better than The Man/the authorities that hurt them in the first place, a sadist who just wants excuses to hurt people, and worst of all, has a victim complex. There may be various shades of projection to Marina's hatred, but the sentiment is genuine.

For more information on Marina: she's an outdoorsy type who likes folk music, a Brazilian immigrant, maybe also professes to anarchism, and is a weirdly devout Hindu while also being a dedicated practitioner of witchcraft.
she/her/he/him
[+] V8 - CURRENT

Meena Lalita Kumar
the dreaded SI
>Pregame Start: Cast Call
--> Pregame Status: Crying in the (music) club
>Homecoming Start: Dying Clean And Pretty
-->Homecoming Status: It's worse fresh (ish) off a breakup
>Game Start: It's Lights Out, And Away They Go!
-->Game Status (FINAL): The future sucks.

Tenshi Marie Anastasie Fukushima-Yves
#1 princess and voca-tuber in the whole wide world
--> Pregame Status: Trying and failing to share manga
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: spawn more overlords!
-->Game Status (FINAL): A star has fallen.

Iliya "Liya" Polaris - DEAD
rebelling against a traditional Wiccan upbringing
--> Pregame Status: Some things are more important than a party
>Homecoming Start: Guys and Dolls
-->Homecoming Status: don't tell anyone this but she was actually one of the raccoons
>Game Start: A Question of Faith
-->Game Status (FINAL): The spirit was weak.

Daniel Ozanne
poker twink
--> Pregame Status: Uncomfortable questions
>Homecoming Start: N/A
-->Homecoming Status: N/A
>Game Start: nooooo don't get kidnapped by the AT your too sexy aha
-->Game Status: breaking down but trying to help
[+] V7
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

BlizzardeyeWonder wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:26 pm I Still refuse to post a relationship thread this early, but I think Beel might have a complicated relationship with Marina Castilho, a misanthrope with a burning grudge against the world. Marina was pretty badly bullied in middle school, and might have entered high school with a desire for catharsis and vengeance, to get back at the world. She might have initially linked up with Beelzebub's gang of terror-makers as a way of getting that, but I don't think their partnership would last long before Marina starts to kinda hate the gang too, seeing maybe a few too many similarities to her middle school bullies. After a few months (and maybe a massive fight?), Marina broke off, and seemingly mellowed out and settled down with Frozen Smoke's Erin, The One Guy At School She Doesn't Hate. But really, all putting a lid on her outward anger did was let the misanthropy boil in more insidious ways.

Regardless, in the current day, Marina probably has a very poor opinion of Beelzebub despite - or, dare I say, because - they share a lot of rebellious, stick-it-to-the-man traits. In particular, Marina thinks Beel is a hypocrite who's worse than the people she torments and ultimately no better than The Man/the authorities that hurt them in the first place, a sadist who just wants excuses to hurt people, and worst of all, has a victim complex. There may be various shades of projection to Marina's hatred, but the sentiment is genuine.

For more information on Marina: she's an outdoorsy type who likes folk music, a Brazilian immigrant, maybe also professes to anarchism, and is a weirdly devout Hindu while also being a dedicated practitioner of witchcraft.
Sounds good! Beelzebub would let Marina in and then be quite annoyed at her for abandoning them -- though the personal hatred would be what actually sets her off.
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

Skyla would express interest in joining Beezlebub's gang, wanting to shed the perfect label the school has given her. She'll be a little hesitant to jump into the whole causing crime thing, but at this point, Skyla is willing to do anything if it means she no longer has the pressure of being flawless on her shoulders. I can also see Skyla being the closest thing Beezlebub has to a supportive mother figure, helping others in the gang out with their issues.

Edwin has absolutely had his ass handed to by Beezlebub at least once, likely because he mouthed off or snitched about her one too many times.

Maggie is staying as far away from Beezlebub as remotely possible. She's not comfortable with her lifestyle or anything she's done. Likewise with Keiko.

Murray, while not an active member of the gang, feels like the person who could play a useful idiot, in that he winds up serving as a distraction for victims of Beezlebub's gang and their choice of chaos. Murray himself has no trouble with Beezelbub as a person, but would take serious issue with her bullying others if he found out.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

JacobAllTradez wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:34 pm Skyla would express interest in joining Beezlebub's gang, wanting to shed the perfect label the school has given her. She'll be a little hesitant to jump into the whole causing crime thing, but at this point, Skyla is willing to do anything if it means she no longer has the pressure of being flawless on her shoulders. I can also see Skyla being the closest thing Beezlebub has to a supportive mother figure, helping others in the gang out with their issues.
Cool beans on joining the gang, and she can be a mother figure as long as she's cool with Beelzebub calling her "mommy" as a joke.
Edwin has absolutely had his ass handed to by Beezlebub at least once, likely because he mouthed off or snitched about her one too many times.
She'd serve his ass to him on a crappy unwashed diner plate.
Maggie is staying as far away from Beezlebub as remotely possible. She's not comfortable with her lifestyle or anything she's done. Likewise with Keiko.
Sounds fine.
Murray, while not an active member of the gang, feels like the person who could play a useful idiot, in that he winds up serving as a distraction for victims of Beezlebub's gang and their choice of chaos. Murray himself has no trouble with Beezelbub as a person, but would take serious issue with her bullying others if he found out.
Her being a bully would be a pretty well known fact, so I imagine they just mainly wouldn't get along.
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

VoltTurtle wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:55 am
JacobAllTradez wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:34 pm Skyla would express interest in joining Beezlebub's gang, wanting to shed the perfect label the school has given her. She'll be a little hesitant to jump into the whole causing crime thing, but at this point, Skyla is willing to do anything if it means she no longer has the pressure of being flawless on her shoulders. I can also see Skyla being the closest thing Beezlebub has to a supportive mother figure, helping others in the gang out with their issues.
Cool beans on joining the gang, and she can be a mother figure as long as she's cool with Beelzebub calling her "mommy" as a joke.

Skyla is 100% fine with being called "Mommy".

Return to “V9 Pregame Planning”