Last Minute Relationship-type-stuff

Better late than never...

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Fiori

Last Minute Relationship-type-stuff

Post by Fiori »

I was originally going to wait until all my characters were approved before posting this, but as September is RAPIDLY approaching I realise I best get started now.

SO, contacts. Could do with a couple. First up is Cassie Chao, something of a wallflower who's recently been trying to overcome her severe health anxiety. Looking primarily for friends and acquaintances, whilst most of her besties are from online amateur animator circles she'd still have a small circle of friends amongst her classmates, most likely fellow creative types from her art and sewing classes.

Cassie's Relationships
  • Amerika (Crossed paths, but otherwise just friendly acquaintances)
  • Dawn Montgomery (Friends)
Next up is Shawn Bellamy, whose a bit of an arrogant prick to put it bluntly. Looking for two types of relationships, friends with fellow conservative-types who share his interests, and perhaps more commonly people who used to be friends with Connor (a stoner who ended up getting expelled when Shawn snitched on him, see profile for details) who have it out for him for being a narc.

Shawn's Relationships
  • Abishek Panicker (Mutual dislike)
  • Bethany Lyon (Family Friends)
  • Matthew Bell (Friends)
  • Corbin Azinger (Casual Friends)
  • Evie McKown (Chat about Paradox games online)
  • Claire (Mutual Dislike)
  • Ethan Kemp (Chess Rivals)
Then there is Lillian "Lily" Larsen, friendly girl with a fascination for the macabre (who definitely isn't a Satanist). Looking for friends mostly, particularly those within drama and film circles, as well as anyone who fits with the various alternative culture scenes she's dabbled in (goth kids, emo kids, etc...). She could also do with folk who take the whole Lilith the Satanist thing a bit too seriously and not realise it's meant in jest.

Lily's Relationships
  • Rebekah Hayes (Know each other whilst touring Salem spooky spots)
  • Karin Han (Drama class/movie chat buds)
  • Liya Polaris (Likely crossed paths and had conversations about witchcraft)
  • Tana Blanco Otsuns (Friends via spooky)
  • Russel "Fitz" Fitzroy (Friends via spooky)
  • Jacob Winters (Friends via Goth)
  • Derek Caldwell (Friendly Acquaintances via goth)
  • Alex Avanesian (Friends after meeting at Anti-SOTF club)
  • Matthew Bell (Been called out on for being too spooky)
  • Adam Lader (Dated, it didn't go well)
Finally, there's Mitch McDuffy, self-described class clown who aspires to become a professional gamer. Likely to have friends (and enemies) amongst his basketball teammates, as well as several others who gel with his irreverent nature.

Mitch's Relationships
  • Big Dick Buster (School friends and basketball teammates)
  • Donovan Laur (Former friends who drifted over sports, basketball teammates)
  • Victor Grail (Not on great terms, basketball teammates)
  • Molly Olivieira (Friends)
  • Evie McKown (Friends)
  • EXTREME STEVE (Friends)
Coming soon to a V9 near you
Marcia "Marcy" Valerio: The Dancer
Koa Tagaloa: The Wrestler
Johnny Benowitz: The Jock
Florida Riley: The Saint

[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
Mitch McDuffy: The Gamer Jobtown. Baby.
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Amerika's an art type- I don't think theyll be close though, just that they know each other.
Blood Tongue Nails Teeth
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Yonagoda wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:50 pm Amerika's an art type- I don't think theyll be close though, just that they know each other.
From a quick read, I can see them being friendly acquaintances on account of sharing a lot of classes together and being introverted creative types, but agreed that they probably wouldn't be all that close outside of class.

[+] V8
Cassie Chao: The Wallflower Thank you... For talking to me, when nobody else even knew I was there.
Shawn Bellamy: The Bastard "We're the only decent people left on this island, Matt. Way I see it, as long as one of us survives this... I'd say that's a win, wouldn't you?""
Lillian "Lily" Larsen: The Satanist "Don't think explanations will be necessary. Neither of us are exactly innocent anymore."
[+] V5
Brian Zhdanovich "Just... Just stay safe Ruby. Don't take any unnecessary risks, or accept candy from strangers. But most of all, don't you ever..."
Ruby Forrester "Do you seriously think you're the only person on this island whose had a shitty week?"
Jenna Rhodes"Of course, assuming that all goes as planned, we'd have to do something about the whole 24-hours-no-kill limit. Maybe draw straws, or take a vote, something along those lines... Either way, the longer we put this off, the more likely it is that we'll all get rescued and taken away from this hellhole."
[+] V4
Marty J. Lovett ""Well... Here we are buddy. To be totally honest with you, I didn't think either of us would make it this far. Who'd of thought, huh? I was SURE that I'd be dead within the first couple of days."
Joshua Krakowsk "...I'm tellin' you Marty, somewhere out there is a picture of Danya and George Bush on a boat with the biggest damn catfish you've EVER seen!"
Maxwell Lombardi "Now then, I'm afraid I must bid you all adieu. I look forward to meeting the rest of your children, siblings, lovers, friends and what not. And I'm sure they're looking forward to meeting me as well..."
Vera Osborne"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Updated with my second character now that he's been approved.

Shawn Bellamy, whose a bit of an arrogant prick to put it bluntly. Looking for two types of relationships, friends with fellow conservative-types who share his interests, and perhaps more commonly people who used to be friends with Connor (a stoner who ended up getting expelled when Shawn snitched on him, see profile for details) who have it out for him for being a narc.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Updated with my third character.

Lastly (Maybe...) is Lillian "Lily" Larsen, friendly girl with a fascination for the macabre (who definitely isn't a Satanist). Looking for friends mostly, particularly those within drama and film circles, as well as anyone who fits with the various alternative culture scenes she'd dabbled in (goth kids, emo kids, etc...). She could also do with folk who take the whole Lilith the Satanist thing a bit too seriously and not realise it's meant in jest.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Updated with my fourth character.

Finally, there's Mitch McDuffy, self-described class clown who aspires to become a professional gamer. Likely to have friends (and enemies) amongst his basketball teammates, as well as several others who gel with his irreverent nature.

Have also included established relationships thus far, let me know if there's anyone I've forgotten or if any of the above is inaccurate.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

I sense good vibes between Mitch and Evie! They’re both chill and have gaming in common, and she’d enthusiastically support his budding streaming career, maybe cross-promoting between him and Extreme Steve?

Shawn… Shawn gives me conflicting ideas. At face value he and Evie don’t seem like they should get along, but then they have history and map games in common. I don’t know how, if at all, they might get to talking about that but Evie would love to have a fellow Hearts of Iron gamer to talk division composition and alt-history mod lore with. Perhaps they’re friends online and don’t even know it?
[+] V8 - Evie McKown
“Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” - Albert Schweitzer

S004 Evie McKown is still alive.
Equipped with: Someone else’s life.

M1 "Narrow"
P1 "Gatsby" -> P2 "sunset" -> P3 "Fire" -> P4 “Skateballing” -> P5 “Amaurot”
BH1 “Lone Digger” -> H1 "Lone-coming" -> H2 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Transmitter Failure" -> V8:2 “Missed My Heart” -> V8:3 “Dusk ‘til Dawn” -> V8:4 "Change, Death" -> V8:5 “Playtime” -> V8:6 "Alps" -> V8:7 “Already Gone” -> V8:8 "Domesday Book" -> V8:9 "Way Home" -> V8:10 “Cobalt” -> V8:11 "Two by Two" -> V8:12 "Kaneda" -> V8:13 "Rage and Resign" -> V8:14 "De grâce" -> V8:15 “Boundries” -> V8:16 "Slab" -> V8:17 "Graceland" -> V8:18 "That Girl" -> V8:19 “Wolf” -> V8:20 "Terror" -> V8:21 “Road” -> V8:22 “World Has Been Changed” -> V8:23 "Exhausted" -> V8:24 "Twilight" -> V8:25 "In from the Cold" -> V8:26 “Heart, Reprise” -> V8:27 “Blood” -> V8:28 “Arrow” -> V8:29 -Escape-
A1 “Dissolve” -> A2 "December" -> A3 “Bags” -> A4 “First Mover” -> A5 “Transmittee Failure (Reprise),

Wiki
[+] V8 - Bethany Lyon, 05-07-2003 - 11-12-2021
“God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.” - St. Augustine

S107 Bethany Lyon couldn’t keep it up.
Last alive: The Sheriff’s Office.
Last equipped with: Ski boots, a makeshift spear.

V8:1 "For the wages of sin is death," -> V8:2 "...straight on 'til morning." -> V8:3 "Fissure" -> V8:4 "и засуху победим" -> V8:5 “Castle” -> V8:6 “Venom” -> V8:7 “Scar-crossed armor” -> V8:8 “Bright and Beautiful” -> †

Wiki
[+] V8 - Andrew Lapson, 12-03-2003 - 12-12-2021
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

S016 Andrew Lapson died alone.
Last alive: The Snowfield, near an abandoned campsite
Last equipped with: 300 mg Potassium Cyanide pill (consumed).

P1 "Mystery Science"
H1 "Guys and Dolls"
V8:1 "Beyond figure out" -> V8:2 "Lost Little Bunny" -> V8:3 "Snowblind" -> V8:4 "Daylight" -> V8:5 "Megaphone" -> V8:6 "Hills" -> V8:7 "Prayer" -> †

Wiki
V9 PLANNING THREAD, COME SEE THE FUTURE…
[+] The Future in Shorthand
V9
Heather Klein: multi-instrumentalist, perfectionist, anarchist, kind of unpleasant
Hope Hynes: baseball superfan, superhero regularfan, cyborg (arguably), total sweetheart
Leah-Kim "LK" Mitchell: gamer, streamer, gambler, serial girl-kisser
Mercedes "Mercy" Myers-Colman: horror connoisseur, pop-punk revivalist, theatre kid, party person

V10
Erika Bloom the girlfailure femcel hellgoblin
Danielle "Dani Daggers" DiAngelo the obnoxious goth
Ansa Kosekela the party-time skater
Tamara Tymurivna Lomachenko the HEMA horse girl
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

I sense good vibes between Mitch and Evie! They’re both chill and have gaming in common, and she’d enthusiastically support his budding streaming career, maybe cross-promoting between him and Extreme Steve?
That works for me, Mitch certainly doesn't mind doing a bit of cross-promotion and is very big on competative online games like CoD and Fortnite. (Does Fortnite exist in the SOTF universe, or is it a little too close to home?)
Shawn… Shawn gives me conflicting ideas. At face value he and Evie don’t seem like they should get along, but then they have history and map games in common. I don’t know how, if at all, they might get to talking about that but Evie would love to have a fellow Hearts of Iron gamer to talk division composition and alt-history mod lore with. Perhaps they’re friends online and don’t even know it?
Possibly, granted if they don't know they're online friends I'm not sure how that could really come into play in the game itself, but could potentially work with that. He's definitely the type to spend ages talking about border gore and such, so they'd have that in common at least.

Ironically, Shawn and Beth would have probably gotten along pretty well.

[+] V8
[+] V5
[+] V4

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”